News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

jason976

I'm sure it will have less traffic than the doors coaster. But it isn't on the same level as tsi. It's been mostly full every time I've went. Its serves much more of a purpose in hs than tsi does in mk. And it's not like I have some special affinity for muppets, I just think it'll be a loss of capacity that they don't need.
I admit I don’t visit Muppets every visit, but when I do, it’s always pretty full.

I just want muppets in the park. If Mv3D leaves, I’ll be fine if there’s a solid replacement somewhere.

the_rich

The other issue is that there's not 1:1 overlap. There are people who would do Muppets who won't do Door Coaster for whatever reason (age, height restriction, motion sickness, etc.), and DHS is already full of thrill rides. It needs more stuff like Muppets; not less.
I'm probably not gonna do monsters. The idea of a floorless coaster isn't too appealing to me. But I am excited for other people to ride it and I also want to see how they recreate montstropolis.

UNCgolf

I'm probably not gonna do monsters. The idea of a floorless coaster isn't too appealing to me. But I am excited for other people to ride it and I also want to see how they recreate montstropolis.

This is exactly why it should be an expansion and not a replacement (I wouldn't really consider Animation Courtyard a replacement since there's basically nothing there now).

It would be good for the park to have as an addition, even if I think a coaster isn't really the ideal build for DHS at the moment (it needs multiple attractions that will draw from a wider base). If it replaces a non-thrill attraction, it might actually hurt the park from a crowding/capacity/long lines standpoint.

phillip9698

It’s entirely possible to do each of these things:
1) repurpose TSI footprint towards a more optimal use
2) shorten ROA to retain the current riverfront along LS
3) keep the rest of LS

But that requires a bit of creativity! No one can explain why Carsland can’t coexist alongside Liberty Square with a largely intact ROA separating the two.

No one can explain why ROA/TSI should even remain other than it’s already there. The place is a ghost town.

WDWhopper

A lot of people forget the a good portion of land Disney owns in Florida is wetlands or swamps which requires heavy investment and mitigation to make it suitable for building.

Wait, they were building lame attractions in the 80s?

Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, World of Motion, Horizons, Journey into Imagination, Universe of Energy, the Great Movie Ride... 80s was a golden era!
I was thinking more along the lines of the Tiki Room “Under New Management fiasco, the removal of 20k Leagues Submarine mistake at WDW and at Disneyland the Light Magic “Parade” replacing the iconic Main Street Electrical Parade and Rocket Rods replacing the People Mover.

WDWhopper

No one can explain why ROA should even remain other than its already there.
It’s iconic. If you search Magic Kingdom online, many times you will get a screenshot of the riverboat on the rivers of America. it’s one of the most recognizable parts of Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. That’s why Disneyland has never removed them, even though they are landlocked and always need space.

SoFloMagic

It’s iconic. If you search Magic Kingdom online, many times you will get a screenshot of the riverboat on the rivers of America. it’s one of the most recognizable parts of Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. That’s why Disneyland has never removed them, even though they are landlocked and always need space.
Didnt walt say somethink like "the park shouldn't me a museum and should continue to evolve"?

the_rich

This^

They cram those rafts. Every time I’ve taken one there’s been at least 25 people not including the driver. And idk how many trips across they take an hour, but it’s at least 4-5. It’s way more than 400 per day.
If u go with ur number of let's say 5 trips and 25 people over a 14 hour day it's still only 1,750

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom