Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

PiratedTVPro

So, trying to bring this back to discussion on Cars Land at DHS:

For those who don't want a duplicate land on both coasts, what differences would you need to see in order for you to consider it to be different? For instance: If there were a "Cars Land" in DHS that wasn't based around the iconic "Radiator Springs" from Cars and instead based on the the "World Grand Prix" locations - Tokyo, Porto Corsa, or/and London - from Cars 2, with similar but differently themed rides, would that be different enough for you? Or maybe entirely new rides and some similar ones? Or do you think that there needs to be an entirely new and different experience for DHS?

I think what's really interesting is that Lasseter is stretching his rules about entirely different experiences within the part for the upcoming "Star Wars Land". He seemed very insistent on the fact that all the parks should have separate experiences while "Cars Land" was being developed, but because the development costs of the new "Star Wars Land" sections is going to skyrocket is seems like he's having to backpedal a bit? It's true that the best way to get the the most bang for your buck is to reuse rides in all your parks, we all know that, and everyone seems to be okay with this. But you mention adding "Cars Land" to DHS and it seems like everyone's red flags go up. Just an interesting dichotomy.

G00fyDad

So then she'll probably never get it, right?

There's 1 thing on the internet that's worse than trolling, and that's feeding them. I've seen good forums and quality discussions go in the tank because of this immature back-and-forth between trolls and trollees.

I can't make you stop, but I can tell you that you don't come off looking very good when you do it. But hey, that's just my opinion. Carry on.

I'm not here for you, and I could care less what others think of me. Thanks!

G00fyDad

So, trying to bring this back to discussion on Cars Land at DHS:

For those who don't want a duplicate land on both coasts, what differences would you need to see in order for you to consider it to be different? For instance: If there were a "Cars Land" in DHS that wasn't based around the iconic "Radiator Springs" from Cars and instead based on the the "World Grand Prix" locations - Tokyo, Porto Corsa, or/and London - from Cars 2, with similar but differently themed rides, would that be different enough for you? Or maybe entirely new rides and some similar ones? Or do you think that there needs to be an entirely new and different experience for DHS?

I think what's really interesting is that Lasseter is stretching his rules about entirely different experiences within the part for the upcoming "Star Wars Land". He seemed very insistent on the fact that all the parks should have separate experiences while "Cars Land" was being developed, but because the development costs of the new "Star Wars Land" sections is going to skyrocket is seems like he's having to backpedal a bit? It's true that the best way to get the the most bang for your buck is to reuse rides in all your parks, we all know that, and everyone seems to be okay with this. But you mention adding "Cars Land" to DHS and it seems like everyone's red flags go up. Just an interesting dichotomy.

Ultimately I want ANYTHING to enhance the parks. That said, I would hate the idea of Cars in Florida. They already have that IP in California. Leave it there. (According to insiders it WILL stay only in CA) They are already pouring tons of ideas into DHS at the moment. One of these should be another lesser IP like Monsters Inc. Something FL will have that CA will not. By lesser I mean an IP that is not a juggernaut like Star Wars, Marvel, etc... Even an altered Carsland or even a land based on Cars 2 is pushing it. Yes, the movies were okay, but I fail to see the draw these things have on people. Of course those same people cannot see the draw Star Wars has, so..... ???? To each their own, but I personally hope Cars stays on the west coast.

Mickey5150

Cars should be used to rework the Speedway in the MK. For DHS, just do body wars or cranium command using Inside Out. Or just redo the Wonders of Life pavilion to Inside Out and then I don't care about a phase 3, lol.

wdwgreek

So wait are we at the point in the thread where we are just in a debate about the pros and cons about Cars Land on the east coast? Honestly to the OP, I think you are mixing up people who say they don't like it and people who are saying based on what they know it is more likely then not that it won't happen. I think the phase three idea of Carsland has been in the rumor mill for years now, if it happens great if it doesn't ok. It seems like now we are just rehashing a thousand other conversations.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
So wait are we at the point in the thread where we are just in a debate about the pros and cons about Cars Land on the east coast? Honestly to the OP, I think you are mixing up people who say they don't like it and people who are saying based on what they know it is more likely then not that it won't happen. I think the phase three idea of Carsland has been in the rumor mill for years now, if it happens great if it doesn't ok. It seems like now we are just rehashing a thousand other conversations.

I would have to agree, but I believe that it is still a possibility and time will tell.

wdwgreek

How about no Land at all. Why must everything be a "land"? Yes- Universal created the dedicated "land" with Harry Potter- but they aren't having a Jimmy Fallon land- they are placing it in New York. They arent have a fast and the furious land- they are placing it in San Fran. They realize that everything being a "land" makes it near impossible to change/add attractions.
Keep the lands to Harry Potter and Star wars.
As much as Id love a monsters, inc. "land"- where does that put the new attraction for whatever hit Pixar has? Morocco? China? No thanks. How about a "Pixar Place" that has numerous Pixar attractions/shops/restaurants. A Monsters Inc coaster, a good dinosaur dark ride, a Ratatouille restaurant, an incredibles store, etc, etc. Then, when no one remembers what a good dinosaur is, or cares about eating at Remi's, you can simply retheme it 10 years from now to another IP without having to redo the entire "land". Keep it Simple Disney...
This is a brilliant insight.Look at universal park, I'm pretty sure ET is the only original ride right? In the course of 30 years the pop culture has changed in such a way that the choice to have whole lands around one franchise means that eventually that franchise will need to be changed out, nothing is classic. DHS has that same problem, its reliance on movies will be great in the short term but in the long term?

Cesar R M

My god. I wake up and this is still going?
Its like a billy mays commercial. It never ends..
but_wait_theres_more.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom