Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

Cesar R M

latest troglodytic musings....
8o2lq2y.gif

Fox&Hound

How about no Land at all. Why must everything be a "land"? Yes- Universal created the dedicated "land" with Harry Potter- but they aren't having a Jimmy Fallon land- they are placing it in New York. They arent have a fast and the furious land- they are placing it in San Fran. They realize that everything being a "land" makes it near impossible to change/add attractions.
Keep the lands to Harry Potter and Star wars.
As much as Id love a monsters, inc. "land"- where does that put the new attraction for whatever hit Pixar has? Morocco? China? No thanks. How about a "Pixar Place" that has numerous Pixar attractions/shops/restaurants. A Monsters Inc coaster, a good dinosaur dark ride, a Ratatouille restaurant, an incredibles store, etc, etc. Then, when no one remembers what a good dinosaur is, or cares about eating at Remi's, you can simply retheme it 10 years from now to another IP without having to redo the entire "land". Keep it Simple Disney...

As much as I like the cohesiveness of a "land" I would agree- especially when it comes to Monsters. Will this still be a popular IP in fifteen years? I love Monsters Inc but I'm not 100% convinced of its longevity as a franchise....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How about no Land at all. Why must everything be a "land"? Yes- Universal created the dedicated "land" with Harry Potter- but they aren't having a Jimmy Fallon land- they are placing it in New York. They arent have a fast and the furious land- they are placing it in San Fran. They realize that everything being a "land" makes it near impossible to change/add attractions.
Keep the lands to Harry Potter and Star wars.
As much as Id love a monsters, inc. "land"- where does that put the new attraction for whatever hit Pixar has? Morocco? China? No thanks. How about a "Pixar Place" that has numerous Pixar attractions/shops/restaurants. A Monsters Inc coaster, a good dinosaur dark ride, a Ratatouille restaurant, an incredibles store, etc, etc. Then, when no one remembers what a good dinosaur is, or cares about eating at Remi's, you can simply retheme it 10 years from now to another IP without having to redo the entire "land". Keep it Simple Disney...

It doesn't have to be a land, but it seems that that is the direction they are going with the new DHS.

SCOTLORR

As much as I like the cohesiveness of a "land" I would agree- especially when it comes to Monsters. Will this still be a popular IP in fifteen years? I love Monsters Inc but I'm not 100% convinced of its longevity as a franchise....
This is what I was thinking. Having a whole area dedicated to one ip will handcuff them in the future. I do think Toy Story is the one pixar ip that can be more timeless than any other pixar title, which is why I'm cool with TSL. Like andysol said, a land branded as Pixar in general would be the best move. As movies get outdated, they can replace the theme with a new one. Same ride system that was there originally, but themed to the newer movies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When would it have to be announced?

Nothing "has" to be announced, they could just build it an open it one day. Announcements of attractions are purely for marketing value, so they will be announced when they feel the need the publicity. SWL and TSL are already giving the park enough publicity, and since a third land is unlikely to open until well after both of these are done there is no point in announcing anything more this year.

PhotoDave219

HauntedMansionFLA

Oh my:) still not locked :) Pam, have you heard anything about CarsLand? Seriously, if it's going to be PixarPlace, then have a land with a bunch of different IP's so everyone will hopefully get something they like.

Rescue Ranger

I personally would be completely against this. PLEASE no Cars Land. Let Disneyland have it specially for them. It makes so much more sense there with the film's setting. Plus, WDW already has a mini free-rideless version of this at AoA.

I'd much prefer more Pixar, Villains or Muppets especially.

When the time does come though, I wonder where Marvel will go??? Probably a new park.

HauntedMansionFLA

I personally would be completely against this. PLEASE no Cars Land. Let Disneyland have it specially for them. It makes so much more sense there with the film's setting. Plus, WDW already has a mini free-rideless version of this at AoA.

I'd much prefer more Pixar, Villains or Muppets especially.

When the time does come though, I wonder where Marvel will go??? Probably a new park.
Marvel + Universal rights agreement = never in WDW
Would love a Villains land. Everyone loves a villain :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom