Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
I just meant that if phase 3 in general is coming, it hopefully will be announced this year. Although, I feel like Disney would wait until D23 2017 to announce whatever its going to be. Breaking it down, it seems like it will be:
2018: Toy Story Land
2019: Star Wars Land
2020-2021: Phase 3
2020 may be a bit generous, especially considering the 50th anniversary is 2021 and whatever phase 3 will be could be the big promotion to base it with. Also this timeline means DHS will be a complete park by the 50th anniversary. With obviously the improvements in DAK, the only quote on quote "Bad" park would be EPCOT. And even there, the park will always be 50% fine due to WS.

What would you like for phase 3?

SCOTLORR

What would you like for phase 3?
Definitely Monstropolis. My all time favorite animated movie and I said right when I saw the door scene (Like many others I presume) that it would make a great attraction. I'm hoping that the door coaster getting scrapped back in like 2010 was actually a blessing in disguise and it will now be the centerpiece attraction for a monsters land. But more than anything I just want phase 3 to happen, whatever the ip is.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Definitely Monstropolis. My all time favorite animated movie and I said right when I saw the door scene (Like many others I presume) that it would make a great attraction. I'm hoping that the door coaster getting scrapped back in like 2010 was actually a blessing in disguise and it will now be the centerpiece attraction for a monsters land. But more than anything I just want phase 3 to happen, whatever the ip is.

Right it wouldn't be enough to have only 2 phases. Phase 3 is definitely getting announced this year.

SCOTLORR

Right it wouldn't be enough to have only 2 phases. Phase 3 is definitely getting announced this year.
I mean it could probably get by with all of these attractions: ToT, RnRc, Star Tours, Climactic Battle ride, Millennium Falcon ride, TS Mania, Slinky Coaster, Alien Spinners, GMR, plus shows.
This is why i'm afraid phase 3 could get cut. the fact that the park could get by with this amount makes me feel like they'll scrap phase 3 altogether and just stop when SWL opens.

PhotoDave219

I mean it could probably get by with all of these attractions: ToT, RnRc, Star Tours, Climactic Battle ride, Millennium Falcon ride, TS Mania, Slinky Coaster, Alien Spinners, GMR, plus shows.
This is why i'm afraid phase 3 could get cut. the fact that the park could get by with this amount makes me feel like they'll scrap phase 3 altogether and just stop when SWL opens.

Phase 3 has neither been funded nor budgeted. It's not a question of whether it's been scrapped, it's a question of whether it's been given the greenlight.

You may see it in your lifetime. You might not.

SCOTLORR

Phase 3 has neither been funded nor budgeted. It's not a question of whether it's been scrapped, it's a question of whether it's been given the greenlight.

You may see it in your lifetime. You might not.
Hmm not even in that original $2.5B budget? I would think that SWL and TSL + infrastructure wouldn't cost that much, but I could be wrong.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster

For phase 3, it's going to be a battle between Monstropolis, and Cars Land. And if a Muppets Land is announced......:mad::banghead::in pain::facepalm:

G00fyDad

You don't know what's coming. Neither do I. I could be wrong, you all could be right. I could be right, you all could be wrong.

No. People very close to those working on this stuff have already told you that Cars is not coming to Florida. So, we're right and you're wrong.

I notice the reason people don't want Cars Land because they think the rides will most likely be duplicated. What if the land includes new rides that you can only get in Florida?

Still NO. You have already been told it is NOT coming to Florida. This comes straight from the insiders here. Of course Walt himself could come back from the dead, drive to your house, tell you face-to-face and you still wouldn't believe it.

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless it WILL NOT be Cars.

For phase 3, it's going to be a battle between Monstropolis, and Cars Land. And if a Muppets Land is announced......:mad::banghead::in pain::facepalm:

Cars isn't even a contender.

Time for Pam to go home....
trolls-arent-the-only-threat-under-the-bridge-oscon-2014-3-638.jpg

bakntime

My god. I wake up and this is still going?
Should have stayed in bed!;)

... Pre cuts the land would have been better ...
Can you say if it was an attraction or simply "other plussing" that was cut?

It makes sense that stuff gets cut, even late in the game, like when Cars Land lost its Cars-themed Sci-Fi Dine-in style restaurant.
No. People very close to those working on this stuff have already told you that Cars is not coming to Florida. So, we're right and you're wrong.

Still NO. You have already been told it is NOT coming to Florida. This comes straight from the insiders here. Of course Walt himself could come back from the dead, drive to your house, tell you face-to-face and you still wouldn't believe it.

Maybe, maybe not. Regardless it WILL NOT be Cars.

Cars isn't even a contender.

Time for Pam to go home....
View attachment 131883

Dude, like, it's okay if people want to speculate on things that are not officially announced (or denied) by Disney. There's no rules saying you musn't talk about it, even if it's been all but proven as impossible. It's really not causing any harm to discuss things, even if they're things that are 100% ridiculous.

And if you think someone is genuinely a troll, then the old rule of thumb is that you don't feed them by replying to them sentence-by-sentence. It's okay to just leave it alone.

I'm sorry if this sounds preachy, I don't mean it to be, but your post is almost as "trollish" as the post you're replying to, and it usually just causes the original poster to push back even harder and then everyone ends up in tears.

And this part isn't directed at you, but it's more of a general disappointment I feel: It's almost like "dreaming" is considered taboo around here. Being creative and imagining things that are crazy is met with almost immediate vitriol by people who act like all-mighty know-it-alls who simply have no tolerance for anything that even remotely resembles a bit of controversial preference for something that's not "acceptable." It's not the end of the world to just kindly tell them once that Disney probably won't do it, and then let it go. Most people will already know it's ridiculous, but let people talk about it, even if you think it's impossible or stupid. There are so many uptight clever clogs around here that sometimes I don't even feel like posting, and it creates a toxic community.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Dude, like, it's okay if people want to speculate on things that are not officially announced (or denied) by Disney. There's no rules saying you musn't talk about it, even if it's been all but proven as impossible. It's really not causing any harm to discuss things, even if they're things that are 100% ridiculous.

And if you think someone is genuinely a troll, then the old rule of thumb is that you don't feed them by replying to them sentence-by-sentence. It's okay to just leave it alone.

I'm sorry if this sounds preachy, I don't mean it to be, but your post is almost as "trollish" as the post you're replying to, and it usually just causes the original poster to push back even harder and then everyone ends up in tears.

Dude, like, she's been told time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time that Cars is not even an option at this point. There is no chance it will be coming to Florida. Yet she continues to ask about when the Carsland announcement is going to come. I did leave it alone. For a good long while. Now I am having fun baiting the troll. You have fun doing what you want and I will have fun doing what I want. ;)

bakntime

Dude, like, she's been told time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time that Cars is not even an option at this point.
So then she'll probably never get it, right?
Now I am having fun baiting the troll.
There's 1 thing on the internet that's worse than trolling, and that's feeding them. I've seen good forums and quality discussions go in the tank because of this immature back-and-forth between trolls and trollees.

I can't make you stop, but I can tell you that you don't come off looking very good when you do it. But hey, that's just my opinion. Carry on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom