Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

deere839

2016: Frozen Ever After/Soarin' Over The World
2017: Pandora
2018: Toy Story Land (possibly 2017)
2019: Star Wars
2020-2021: Phase 3-4 at the Studios?
Magic Kingdom/Epcot things will definitely be interspersed, but not much has been said on that yet.
I think we might see a epcot expansion after the studios then bring there focus back to the studios.

drummond

Magic Kingdom/Epcot things will definitely be interspersed, but not much has been said on that yet.

Thanks. Do you have any insight as to what is planned at MK and Epcot? Also for 2016, I would definitely include Rivers of Light.

ToTBellHop

Yes. 2020 would be DHS's phase 3. 2021 is an MK expansion.

If Shanghai doesn't crash and burn. If it does, phase 3 is smaller and MK probably just gets new fireworks and a couple new parades in 2021. I haven't heard anything concrete for Epcot other than some (nice) refurbs. Those aren't scheduled yet as far as I know. But some will happen over the next 5 years.

Bacon

• 2016: Frozen Ever After/Soarin' Over The World
  • 2017: Pandora
  • 2018: Toy Story Land (possibly 2017)
  • 2019: Star Wars
  • 2020-2021: Phase 3-4 at the Studios?
  • 2022-2023:SGE Finally leaves

Haymarket2008

If Shanghai doesn't crash and burn. If it does, phase 3 is smaller and MK probably just gets new fireworks and a couple new parades in 2021. I haven't heard anything concrete for Epcot other than some (nice) refurbs. Those aren't scheduled yet as far as I know. But some will happen over the next 5 years.

All of that, and specifically the parenthetical, is great to hear.

rioriz

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your response

I fully understand that you may not have A. ) me too lose than other insiderson the board, B.) Do not have reputable info at all, or C.) Just don't give a crap and just want to make WDW Great Again!

Either way thank you for not answering in riddles :)

And what no one has mentioned much is how much Synergy plays into the Openings....

TS4 2018 ...TSL late 2017 or early 2018
Whatever Pixar Franchise they decide on for Phase 3....hmmmmm Cars 3.....Incredibles 2....or GOTG sequel

Just Saying

WildcatDen

I am still hearing the plan is to have Phase 3 at DHS as well as something for ML complete prior to the 50th. Now PLANS, like Fred's (Big Hero Six) underwear are subject to change. . . Phase 4 seems more Blue Sky than reality at this point.

WildcatDen

That is
There are definite plans, but that's all they are. Timings, theme and budget can all change. As can the go ahead (which isn't fully given anyway yet)
That is what I was implying. There are plans (I have not seen them) but right now, the feeling I am getting is with the current direction, chances of seeing this in the next 6 to 8 years are getting slim. Maybe not even in 10 if at all. That said, I am an optimist, some may even say optimist prime. . . and no, that is not some kind of veiled transformers hint. . . Now, where did I leave my Super Suit. . .

Ignohippo

They closed Osborne, but we don't know exactly why they felt it was necessary.

As I understand it, once LMA was sighted for closure, the entire back corner (SOA) was deemed unnecessary and a complete waste of resources.

CarsLand was always the plan for that back corner....until about 10 months ago. The "Phase 3" (actually 1B) expansion was to have been completed alongside Toy Story, but internal discussions has put those plans on hold. The closures, however, went ahead as planned because the area was planned to be the staging area for the entire project and SOA/LMA wasn't budgeted to be open past April.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom