Cars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios Still Possible?

KingOfEpicocity

LMA and streets of America for phase 3. Star Wars going on the other side of star tours extending into the parking lot.

Says who? I'm just saying. If it's true Osborne wanted to renew. They won't just close down SOA and LMA for nothing while they wait for the other half of DHS to be torn out and replaced.

Rteetz

Says who? I'm just saying. If it's true Osborne wanted to renew. They won't just close down SOA and LMA for nothing while they wait for the other half of DHS to be torn out and replaced.
LMA is going to be used as a staging area. Martin had a map that was actually just posted again in one of the other threads in the studios redevelopment section.

ToTBellHop

You are trying to rationalize what Disney is doing based upon what you would do. Those of us who know are trying to tell you what they are ACTUALLY doing. You can choose to believe or not. I know what I know. SWL covers Indy and extends out into parking and backstage, TSL is behind Midway Mania, and a as-yet-unannounced 3rd land covers SOA and LMA.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
"In order to prepare for some incredible experiences coming to the park, including the recently announced Toy Story Land and a Star Wars-themed land, we will not be able to present The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in the future."

Yes, but this doesn't mean that SWL will actually be replacing the Streets of America, they may be other construction related reasons why they needed that areas. Note that it also says "including" which would indicate that this area is needed for something else.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You are trying to rationalize what Disney is doing based upon what you would do. Those of us who know are trying to tell you what they are ACTUALLY doing. You can choose to believe or not. I know what I know. SWL covers Indy and extends out into parking and backstage, TSL is behind Midway Mania, and a as-yet-unannounced 3rd land covers SOA and LMA.

I have come to trust you as a source, but are you 100% sure it's going in the echo lake area, because I am pretty sure other reliable source have said that the situation appears "muddy" (my word not thier's) at this point.

deere839

Wouldn't they already announce the closure of Indiana jones and stuff by there then because they announced closures like studios catering and the 2 meet and greets in that area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Because that will be used as staging first.

But setting up a staging are doesn't take that long, even if you include the demo of LMA, so you would think that closings of the area where actual construction was going to take place would have been announced already.

ToTBellHop

I have come to trust you as a source, but are you 100% sure it's going in the echo lake area, because I am pretty sure other reliable source have said that the situation appears "muddy" (my word not thier's) at this point.
I am confident. Maybe I'll end up with egg on my face. I know the location I am describing was the original plan, then they considered about 3 different options, a few things shifted slightly, but it is my understanding that this location is still the general area we are looking at. One thing I have NOT hammered down is that new sit-down. I had thought 50s was safe but maybe not??? I would be very surprised if both new restaurants were built de novo.

FWIW, construction on both new parking garages will start soon. They need to be up (well at least one) and running before any substantial SWL work can start. Perhaps the plan is to start backstage planning/staging for the project on top of SoA and LMA while they wait for the garages to go up so they can start work on the actual land in short order the moment the work site is available? I could see an argument being made that SOMETHING had to close this year for staging and SoA/LMA offered less of a loss of capacity than the front of the park. That's conjecture on my part though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am confident. Maybe I'll end up with egg on my face. I know the location I am describing was the original plan, then they considered about 3 different options, a few things shifted slightly, but it is my understanding that this location is still the general area we are looking at. One thing I have NOT hammered down is that new sit-down. I had thought 50s was safe but maybe not??? I would be very surprised if both new restaurants were built de novo.

FWIW, construction on both new parking garages will start soon. They need to be up (well at least one) and running before any substantial SWL work can start. Perhaps the plan is to start backstage planning/staging for the project on top of SoA and LMA while they wait for the garages to go up so they can start work on the actual land in short order the moment the work site is available? I could see an argument being made that SOMETHING had to close this year for staging and SoA/LMA offered less of a loss of capacity than the front of the park. That's conjecture on my part though.

If they are waiting for a garage to open before starting major work on SWL, we are looking at about a year for that to happen.

WildcatDen

Nor will it be Carsland. It was considered but ultimately rejected.
Serpico mentioned that it was all but finalized for the Incredibles but the recent 'issues' stemming from MM- and Shanglow are driving additional 'discussions'. Now, was that a diversion since not too long ago I was told to get excited for the Monster's Door Coaster?

The only thing I can say, with any degree of confidence is 3-2-1 Penguins is a fine cartoon. . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom