Captain EO

bugsbunny

every time i see it at EPCOT there is applause at the end.

here are a few reasons i think some don't "get it".

1)it is supposed to be tongue a cheek.
2)many people don't get irony.
3)you don't like MJ to begin with.

it's a little gem from the 80's that should make you smile. if it doesn't your dead.

Its crap. I still have my Thriller and Off The Wall albums on vinyl. I lived the 70s and 80s and I get Michael Jackson just as much as other Motown geniuses like Stevie Wonder. Still, EO was awful.

The EO preshow is such a bore that maybe it tainted my opinion once EO started. One thing from the preshow that made me chuckle after seeing EO was that they said "....the special camera was put away after one filming.....until now!". I'm thinking they should have left it put away at one filming. :ROFLOL:

bugsbunny

Nice. Nice to see homophobia work its way into this thread.

I certainly could have used a better choice of words to describe my feelings rather than align myself with their comments. And ironically, here you are running your mouth doing the same.

I'm not homophobic AT ALL and I've actually gone on trips to WDW with gay couples that were friends of the family. Not that I need to qualify myself with your interpretation.

bugsbunny

DO YOU REALLY THINK FOR A SECOND THAT ANYONE ON THIS BOARD SIMPLY HATES EO BECAUSE MICHAEL JACKSON IS BLACK?

Is this really what some people on these boards think is the reason for not liking EO?? If so, its time for me to move to another set of forums to get my WDW news.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Truly, only a matter of time:

lock.png

bugsbunny

well...your in depth opinions certainly give us some perspective. :shrug:

And what are your "in depth opinions" on it of why it was so good? The dancing? Which part? The excellent scripting? What part of the dialogue? Was it when when she turns from the witch thing into a beautiful woman? I can play that game to, ya know. :p

SMRT-1

And what are your "in depth opinions" on it of why it was so good? The dancing? Which part? The excellent scripting? What part of the dialogue? Was it when when she turns from the witch thing into a beautiful woman? I can play that game to, ya know. :p

i think the real question here "bugs" is which category do you fall into? :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im no bigot I hate everyone that makes disposable pop, regardless of which team they bat for.

The only objection beyond that is that Disney have taken an attraction I visited once a trip and replaced it with one that I wont.

rodserling27

i think i'm the only one who liked HISTA. *hides* :lookaroun not saying they shouldn't make a new video but personally i don't like EO. just my opinion & everyone is entitled to their own :wave: i just wanted to be the only one that stuck up for HISTA :lol: my fiance & I enjoyed seeing it every trip & now the only reason we go to that pavilion is for the figment ride which we enjoy which apparently we are in the minority for that too! LOL

I'm steering clear of the black and gay comments....to say that HEY, Rustysgirl, I liked HISTA too! I don't understand the the massive amount of hate it gets from this and other boards. I thought it was a pretty suitable replacement for EO...though I love EO as well! :sohappy:

nelsond1231

I will say that EO shouldnt have came back. i didnt like the attraction very much but im also not a big HISTA fan either. im glad they got rid of HISTA but i dont think they should have brought back EO. i think the only reason they brought it back was because MJ is just about as big now as he was in the 80s if not bigger because of his death. i think if they get to bring back EO with out having to think of something a whole lot better to put there (which wouldnt be hard to do) then why cant they bring back alien encounter. and i know its not that "kid friendly" of a ride but it toughens them up i grew up on it and so did alot of kids.

steamboat wil

Wow! I just read this whole thread. This is highly entertaining. I have to say I like EO and HISTA and will go see whatever show is in there! CaUsE tHeN iD bE iN DiSnEy WoRlD!!!:ROFLOL:

menamechris

I have to say I like EO and HISTA and will go see whatever show is in there! CaUsE tHeN iD bE iN DiSnEy WoRlD!!!:ROFLOL:

I wish more people had your attitude. It is pretty amazing what people will find to whine about. No one is forcing anyone to do anything - sooo..if you don't like it, don't do it. I am particularly amused by the "cheesy" and "g*y" comments. What?? You are at Disney, folks...look around...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom