Captain EO

imagineer boy

I would think all of us can agree that part of the charm of Disney is how cheesy and over the top things are. Who looks at anything Disney and views it at serious art? They are attractions simply assigned to make people smile and laugh.

I think a lot of imagineers would strongly disagree with you.

Malvito

Am I the only loser who misses HISTA????:ROFLOL:

As a Missourian, I do not get to see the parks as often as some on this board, my last time was back in 2003. I saw HISTA and had a good time. Planning on taking my wife during Value Season at the beginning of 2012; I'm sorry that she won't be able to see HISTA; hope EO is still there, because we are both MJ fans and, while there is a pretty heavy cheese factor, well, we both also like cheese.

So, LAPULAPU, to paraphrase the ad line fom CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, You Are Not Alone.

WDWJedi

Well..I always hated Honey...not thrilled about EO..but I think I would rather see EO than the other...the BIGGEST thing I want back is the True Colors intro...always brought a tear to my eye..not sure why, but it did.

RSoxNo1

Well..I always hated Honey...not thrilled about EO..but I think I would rather see EO than the other...the BIGGEST thing I want back is the True Colors intro...always brought a tear to my eye..not sure why, but it did.

I want the Makin' Memories song back in some capacity.

taz0162

I liked Honny I shrunk the kids and was sad that it was gone. This past trip We watched Captain Eo for the first time. Had no desire to see it when it was originally there but my wife wanted to see it this trip. To be honest...not a fan of it. I thought it was really dated and had bad visual quality.

Now don't get me wrong Honey is pretty dated too as the movie also did not stand up to time and many people do not even know it even existed anymore. But it did have the whole Epcot scientist experiment gone wrong concept down.

Captain EO was nothing but something to draw people to the park due to Michaels popularity at the time and after his death. Remember after he passed away how many stations were talking about him and playing his music again. now a couple years later and it's back to being rare to hear his music anymore.

I say move away from Captain EO and bring in another show similar to Honey with the whole science concept not retro sci-fi.

Genie of the Lamp

I liked Honny I shrunk the kids and was sad that it was gone. This past trip We watched Captain Eo for the first time. Had no desire to see it when it was originally there but my wife wanted to see it this trip. To be honest...not a fan of it. I thought it was really dated and had bad visual quality.

Now don't get me wrong Honey is pretty dated too as the movie also did not stand up to time and many people do not even know it even existed anymore. But it did have the whole Epcot scientist experiment gone wrong concept down.

Captain EO was nothing but something to draw people to the park due to Michaels popularity at the time and after his death. Remember after he passed away how many stations were talking about him and playing his music again. now a couple years later and it's back to being rare to hear his music anymore.

I say move away from Captain EO and bring in another show similar to Honey with the whole science concept not retro sci-fi.

I have the same take as you and totally agree. It'll be nice if they'd do a film/3d show with the concept of "a day in the life of an Imagination Institute" worker and show behind the scenes footage of what ideas/concepts the Imagineers are working on. Then you could introduce some of the workers and have them explain what they're working on only to have their inventions go out of control and cause havoc to the audience. So it'd basically be a mix of Muppetvision and Honey I Shrunk the Kids obviously leaning more towards Honey. It'll be interesting to see what Rees and his crew come up with whether it's EO film replacement or something different.

Lexxweb

When the imagination pavilion gets its facelift, how about we don't put in ANOTHER 3D/4D experience? When the time comes to change things up over at Imagination, take out Captain EO and completely renovate the space into something new. One could say they need to be...imaginative about it :p. Another 3D/4D movie would be tiring. Can we seriously market another 3D movie in a theme park as a serious attraction? 10/20/30 years ago? Yes.

Today, we can go to our local movie theatre and experience actual 3D like in the theme parks. All that's missing is a little mist and a bouncing seat. Not attraction worthy in 2013+. We need new, fresh concepts for attractions, the 3D/4D movie is done.

tissandtully

When the imagination pavilion gets its facelift, how about we don't put in ANOTHER 3D/4D experience? When the time comes to change things up over at Imagination, take out Captain EO and completely renovate the space into something new. One could say they need to be...imaginative about it :p. Another 3D/4D movie would be tiring. Can we seriously market another 3D movie in a theme park as a serious attraction? 10/20/30 years ago? Yes.

Today, we can go to our local movie theatre and experience actual 3D like in the theme parks. All that's missing is a little mist and a bouncing seat. Not attraction worthy in 2013+. We need new, fresh concepts for attractions, the 3D/4D movie is done.

Actually, you can even get the bouncing seat in theaters, the one near me has a whole theater full of D-Box seats that move with the movie. Sooo, yeah, no more 3D movies please.

aladdin2007

Careful what you wish for, they could convert the space into a big ol meetngreet or more convention space, so a new 3d movie would be welcome compared to that. Or worse yet just shutter it and not use it for anthying except storage. If it saved them money Im sure they would if they could. Hopefully not with George at the helm of things now though.

Lexxweb

Careful what you wish for, they could convert the space into a big ol meetngreet or more convention space, so a new 3d movie would be welcome compared to that. Or worse yet just shutter it and not use it for anthying except storage. If it saved them money Im sure they would if they could. Hopefully not with George at the helm of things now though.

I would actually take storage or a meet and greet over another 3D movie. I don't think Captain EO's time is finished. I still enjoy the EO as well. However, when the time comes and they fix up Imagination, if the plans don't call for anything new in the little building next door and they want to close it off for storage/convention/meetngreet purposes...so be it.
Another 3D/4D movie would look bad for Disney, they're supposed to deliver cutting edge attractions and I think many of you would be disappointed with a new 3D film. Maybe not at first, but after the first viewing it's not going to be something marvelous. They just don't have the affect anymore.
Besides, we'll all be too busy hanging out in the newly refurbished Imagination pavilion to really care. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom