Captain EO Possably Coming Back/Wall-E Film in Land?

Kwit35

While I agree with you in theory, Figment, that just isn't how it works in this world. While a pop start won't get his picture engraved on money, they will be everywhere else. I'm willing to bet that the fanfare over MJ death will last a lot longer that did the fanfare over our new president. It's not right, but, alas, that is the way it is.

Just curious, do you think this rumor is popping up because of his death, or do would they think of bringing back the show because the show itself was so popular?
I don't think they should do it as a tribute to a pedifile (sp?). Sorry, but that is how I feel. I loved MJ the artist, singer, performer, but he lost me once he invited kids into his bed.
As for EO, never liked the show period. I guess I was just angry that they got rid of Magic Journey. I am old school when it comes to Epcot.

RSoxNo1

What I had heard was that a Disney Nature production would be replacing the current Circle of Life film. This is the first I've heard of characters being involved, but I don't think it would be out of the question.

As for Wall-E, it was the kind of movie that's good for winning awards, but IMO not as entertaining/re-watchable as some of the other Pixar offerings.

As for Captain EO, I don't remember all of the effects involved. How much more would be involved besides changing the film?

Figment632

Just curious, do you think this rumor is popping up because of his death, or do would they think of bringing back the show because the show itself was so popular?
I don't think they should do it as a tribute to a pedifile (sp?). Sorry, but that is how I feel. I loved MJ the artist, singer, performer, but he lost me once he invited kids into his bed.
As for EO, never liked the show period. I guess I was just angry that they got rid of Magic Journey. I am old school when it comes to Epcot.

Yes most likely due to his death, i'm not even bringing any of the wierd stuff about MJ into it. If that is your opinion you are more than welcome to it. I'm just looking at his career and him as a person. It is sad that he has passed but he was a singer. Why should his death be more important than a fireman, or a solider. I just think people should put things in perspective a little more.

Disneyfan1981

The rumors are purely driven by this death. There have been a laundry list of rumors circulating since his death including the one about that 50 foot robot that would walk the Vegas desert back when he was supposed to have a show there being put back onto the production line. I believe Captain EO back in the parks when I see it but who knows, it would produce some sort term revenue from the fans who are mourning.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sadly, EO isn`t coming back. HISTA may be leaving, but EO won`t replace it.

The Harvest Theatre may indeed get an update. It`s only had 2 shows in 27 years.

SoccerMickey

Sadly, EO isn`t coming back. HISTA may be leaving, but EO won`t replace it.

The Harvest Theatre may indeed get an update. It`s only had 2 shows in 27 years.

I wonder what the replacement could be for HISTA. I can't imagine Disney commissioning a new film and the only one out there is the Genie film at Tokyo DisneySeas and that really wouldn't fit in Future World.

GothMickey

Captain Eo is over. It is done. The show was OK, but should not be brought back. I would support a DVD release though. If you want a Disney tribute to MJ, here is the solution:

Take an empty club in Pleasure Island. Get a few of his outfits and his Disneyana collection, along with his gold records, and what ever other items, and open it to the public. Charge admission and donate it to charity. They can even play his music and have a dance floor so people can try to imitate his moves. There, you Pleasure Island people have your dance club and the MJ fans have their tribute. Kill two birds with one stone. :lookaroun :ROFLOL:

vickyvale

I would definitely welcome an update especially one with Wal-E.

But I do wish Epcot would get more than just a "movie" update.

EPCOTPluto

There have been a laundry list of rumors circulating since his death including the one about that 50 foot robot that would walk the Vegas desert back when he was supposed to have a show there being put back onto the production line.

Actually, it was something from 2007. Planned was a robot likeness of himself that would greet people from the airport in Las Vegas to promote his concert tour. Yes, it would've been weird. I am happy it never was built.

:lookaroun

orlando210

EO. - E-Gad! :brick:

I remember going to watch it live, and being somewhat underwhelmed years ago - when MJ was at the height of his popularity. For anyone who hasn't seen it, watch on YouTube and then I'd be interested to see if you might re-evaluate any opinions here.

Bring back the Adventurers Club instead. Kunga

According to an insider, some peeps from Imagineering were seen scoping out the Honey I Shrunk The Audience theater building, claiming they were simply seeing if it were still possible to show Captain EO once again.

Thoughts?

Animaniac93-98

I have seen EO on youtube, and yes it's better than HISA. However, pretty much anything is so I hope HISA goes away soon. Since Disney was willing to make Philharmagic this decade I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a new 3-D film from scratch.

Circle of Life is also a bore and I'd take Wall-E over Timon and Pumbaa anyday.

Animaniac93-98

Why would they waste money and time bringing Captian Eo back when you can just watch the whole thing on youtube?

Maybe because youtube is pan and scanned, is in 2-D, is taken from some tapped copy of the show from MTV, has no in theater effects and just plain sucks in comparison to seeing the show at Epcot?

Figment1986

Captain Eo return.. maybe, but I dont see them using Wall-E for a new movie at the land when they have that Disney Earth movie series that can be adapted for an environmental movie in the land... maybe even add some DisneyEarth logos around there too.

docandsix

I think Disney would be best served by distancing itself from this incredibly talented but very disturbed individual, rather than celebrating him. Even during Jackson's memorial service, the representative from the Congressional Black Caucus could not avoid the obvious, oddly mentioning the words "innocent until proven guilty" as a sort of defense of his character, while still insisting that no such defense were necessary. But somehow our entire society has lost perspective on this score and is now treating him like some kind of fallen hero.

Let him rest in peace and say a prayer for his soul.

GeneralKnowledge

Captain EO was sooooo bad bringing it back would only make everyone realize just how bad it actually was. The only thing it had going for itself initially was the novelty of the 3D effects... the story and everything else was just lame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom