Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

jakeman

What this shows more than anything is what a lumbering beast the bureaucracy of TWDC is (notice I said TWDC not kitten-tossing TDO). That, to me, is more concerning.

For this to be "tribute", there was a very small time window after MJ's death for it to be respectful and not a blatant money grab. DL missed that window by quite a bit and they are arguably the more nimble of the resorts with decision making.

Here we are almost a year later and WDW could be hopping on board. At this point it not only looks like a sickening capitalization of a person's death, but also WDW is indecisive and reactionary.

This whole situation is worrisome in the time it has taken to make these decisions. I expect TWDC to be more reactive than this. We shouldn't still be having this conversation almost a year later.

What's next?

Coming in 2012! Roadhouse: The Ride!

Eyorefan

What this shows more than anything is what a lumbering beast the bureaucracy of TWDC is (notice I said TWDC not kitten-tossing TDO). That, to me, is more concerning.

For this to be "tribute", there was a very small time window after MJ's death for it to be respectful and not a blatant money grab. DL missed that window by quite a bit and they are arguably the more nimble of the resorts with decision making.

Here we are almost a year later and WDW could be hopping on board. At this point it not only looks like a sickening capitalization of a person's death, but also WDW is indecisive and reactionary.

This whole situation is worrisome in the time it has taken to make these decisions. I expect TWDC to be more reactive than this. We shouldn't still be having this conversation almost a year later.

What's next?

Coming in 2012! Roadhouse: The Ride!

Well, we are just now getting a Little Mermaid dark ride and that took them what? 20 years...

Baylordad

Then I'm glad my august trip will likely be my last for a few years....I just don't get it about this guy. He was average in the 80s, downright creepy in the 90s straight through to his death.....

My kids are 7 and 4....The very last thing I want them to associate with WDW is Michael Jackson.

I sincerely hope EO is nothing but the fanboy rumormill hoping to wag the dog....

I am with you 100%. No MJ!! No EO!!

PurpleDragon

I'm pretty sure that the return of Captain EO is not happening. Look at the themeing around the entire Imagination pavilion, its completely based around the HISTA show, so to remove that show would destroy the entire synergy of the pavilion and make the current version of JIYI even that much more obscure and pitiful.:brick:

Animaniac93-98

Well, we are just now getting a Little Mermaid dark ride and that took them what? 20 years...

Well Ariel is part of a very current Billion dollar franchise of which she was most popular for a long time and her movie had a successful 2006 DVD release (more than 4 million copies in its first week of release).

Not every movie needs a ride built within a year of release, especially one with staying power like TLM. However, the MJ death hype was summer 2009. It's spring 2010 and unless recent sales of his albums/merch based on him are still significantly higher than before his death we can assume the fad has died down.

But the EO Disneyland crowds and sales are still strong apparently, and that's probably why discussion of rbinging EO back to other parks is still happening, unfortunately.

CitizenRob

*shudder*

They should just screen this for 15 minutes if that's the plan:

scary-clown.jpg

Meh. The clown in "Magic Journeys" was much creepier. :dazzle:

the-reason14

If you dont care about EO, then what damage does it have coming back then lol? It would only boost attendance in that area and pull people that HISTA did probably the day it opened. So whats the issue?

Disney shouldnt wait until the end of this year, thats the only bad thing. If they are for sure adding it, then they should have months ago imo.

Figment632

If you dont care about EO, then what damage does it have coming back then lol? It would only boost attendance in that area and pull people that HISTA did probably the day it opened. So whats the issue?

Disney shouldnt wait until the end of this year, thats the only bad thing. If they are for sure adding it, then they should have months ago imo.

It adds nothing but only takes away from FW!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Money, time and effort wasted on a half arsed interim measure while real issues remain un-addressed. More paper and crack scenario.

KevinFlynn

It adds nothing but only takes away from FW!

It takes nothing away.

But if they wanted to do this they should have done it months ago. The ship has sailed, and now it will be plainly obvious that this is a money grab.

Still I wouldn't mind seeing the show as long as it was a limited engagement.

Figment632

It takes nothing away.

But if they wanted to do this they should have done it months ago. The ship has sailed, and now it will be plainly obvious that this is a money grab.

Still I wouldn't mind seeing the show as long as it was a limited engagement.

It further dates an ageing FW imo that is a subtraction.

PurpleDragon

I hate to quote myself but

Look at the themeing around the entire Imagination pavilion, its completely based around the HISTA show, so to remove that show would destroy the entire synergy of the pavilion and make the current version of JIYI even that much more obscure and pitiful.:brick:

My statement still fits. While I don't really like HISTA and haven't seen it in years, the removal of that film will destroy whats left of the synergy in the Imagination pavilion. Bringing back Captain EO would pretty much ruin the pavilion and take it further into obscurity. Besides I don't care for MJ anyway, but thats a personal issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom