Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

Wilt Dasney

HISTA definitely needs to go, but I'll be a little more sad to see it leave WDW than DL when the time comes. The Imagination Institute theming tying together HISTA and JIYI is kinda cool, even if the attractions are less than spectacular. Plus you have the Wayne Szalinksi (sp?) reference in JIYI, which is kind of meta. :lol: :D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
HISTA definitely needs to go, but I'll be a little more sad to see it leave WDW than DL when the time comes. The Imagination Institute theming tying together HISTA and JIYI is kinda cool, even if the attractions are less than spectacular. Plus you have the Wayne Szalinksi (sp?) reference in JIYI, which is kind of meta. :lol: :D

I agree. I've never been overwhelmed by either ride, but I do enoy the way they are both tied together. I won't go see EO, but JIYI will still be on the menu.....

Oddysey

I'd rather see a New Magic Journeys.

:hurl:

*shudder*

They should just screen this for 15 minutes if that's the plan:

scary-clown.jpg

This picture sort of reminds me of Magic Journeys. Just needs some psychedelic music and colors in the background.

floridabill

I wish they did a JIYI coaster type set up. I enjoy the whole imagination theme i wish they could incorporate a coaster in some way with figmant but that will never happen. one can wish though:)

muteki

This is interesting news. Best case scenario for me would be it would mean an eventual removal of the theater and the space used for something else ride related, worst case would be nothing changing at all. EO coming back would fit somewhere in the middle.

dxwwf3

And then there are those that are especially hard to understand who get apoplectic at any hint of Disney adding characters to Epcot but crave the return of EO.

EO was a completely original attraction. That is something that is sorely lacking in modern day Disney parks. Not everything has to be based on a pre-existing franchise. IMO, the majority of the best attractions to ever be created were all original attractions that had characters and stories completely original to the theme parks.

But even with all that, I'm sure most guests would rather see Disney spend money on restoring the Imagination pavilion to its original glory.

I would LOVE to see EO come back to Epcot, but if I had to choose between one or the other I would definitely choose to have the money spent on resorting the attraction. But I'm kind of hoping that maybe bringing EO back will help bring in the money and rejuvenate the interest needed to get that job done.

Meh.

I think whatever Disney does with regard to 3-D, they really have to step it up several notches. With 3-D movies being regularly released at our local theaters, seeing a "3-D movie" in Disney is just... meh. :snore: I understand that Disney "plusses" them in the parks (i.e., adds misty water, bouncy theaters, "mouse tails" etc.), but it's still very underwhelming.

The whole Imagination Pavilion is depressing. I know I've posted this before, but when my dad worked there, he took me upstairs (to the former "Imagination Playground" with the rainbow tunnel, etc.) and it's all still there... just not used for anything. What's the point. Tear the whole pavilion down and put something AMAZING there. As someone said, a roller coaster or something. C'mon Disney... start plussing!!

Judy

zjer

If I found out that it was coming this fall, I would book my trip immediately. I remember EO from Disneyland and would make a trip to WDW just for nostalgia sake. I wouldn't want it permanent, but a six month run would suit me just fin.e

jt04

I wish they did a JIYI coaster type set up. I enjoy the whole imagination theme i wish they could incorporate a coaster in some way with figmant but that will never happen. one can wish though:)

And how pray tell would a Roller Coaster be a plus over a completely dead Imagination pavilion?

You know this is a great idea! I think floridabill may be talking about a ride system similar to the Mummy ride at Universal Florida. I am a huge fan of this type application of roller coaster technology. By implementing such a system it would allow them to utilize the entirety of the original ride building. And it could be done in a family friendly presentation that does not create audience limiiting g-forces. What it does allow is a rapid way to move audiences from show element to show element in a potentially amazing way. Skies the limit for the application of roller coaster tech in this manner. Whatever could be imagined...

PirateFrank

Because it sounds like a clear sign that Captain EO is likely to be returning before the end of the year.

Then I'm glad my august trip will likely be my last for a few years....I just don't get it about this guy. He was average in the 80s, downright creepy in the 90s straight through to his death.....

My kids are 7 and 4....The very last thing I want them to associate with WDW is Michael Jackson.

I sincerely hope EO is nothing but the fanboy rumormill hoping to wag the dog....

Animaniac93-98

Disneyland's current "EO Tribute" in Epcot? No.

EO, properly restored will all original in-theatre effects and HISTA based additions? Now we're getting somewhere.

Something entirely new? Tell me about the idea first.

I think whatever Disney does with regard to 3-D, they really have to step it up several notches. With 3-D movies being regularly released at our local theaters, seeing a "3-D movie" in Disney is just... meh. :snore: I understand that Disney "plusses" them in the parks (i.e., adds misty water, bouncy theaters, "mouse tails" etc.), but it's still very underwhelming.

The whole Imagination Pavilion is depressing. I know I've posted this before, but when my dad worked there, he took me upstairs (to the former "Imagination Playground" with the rainbow tunnel, etc.) and it's all still there... just not used for anything. What's the point. Tear the whole pavilion down and put something AMAZING there. As someone said, a roller coaster or something. C'mon Disney... start plussing!!

Judy
What's the point of adding coasters when a lot of guests can get that at their local Six Flags park. We were just talking about originality.

MAGICFLOP

How about a compromise.

How about show EO on a smaller screen and change a couple of scenes with the Nigel guy being EO's commander and Call it "Honey I shrunk EO" or HISEO.

WDW Vacationer

Ah,there is nothing like capitalizing on a crlebrity's death over a year after they die and compromising the theme of a park.

Seriously. If Disney is going to spend money for a different show,then please,let's have a NEW show! I thought all bits of tacky 80s were gone from EPCOT,but if this happens I guess I'm wrong. And EPCOT is about the future,not bringing back shows from the dead to capitalize and make $$$.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom