Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

WDW Vacationer

And how pray tell would a Roller Coaster be a plus over a completely dead Imagination pavilion?

A roller coaster is a rediculous idea to replace Imagination. Unless it us in addition to the ride and theater. But we can't tear the pavillon down.

Besides the fact that there will never be a coaster there. Period.

WDWhumanmap

i say lets either use the theatre for something else support for the other rumor of bring back the orginal imagination ride. :brick:
That clown scared me so much I had to respond... :hurl: as welll as magic journeys! :ROFLOL: I have memories of trying to sing that horrible song too as a vocal coach and opera singer i clearly can say that is not a normal range by any means!:zipit:
why doesn't disney use the money somewhere else instead of trying to fix something that is broken in ways of no repair.:shrug:
I think one of my fellow poster as among other will agree with me when tough get going we all scream use the money to bring in Alien EnCounter 2.0 :cry: (sorry I miss Alien alot) already at MK or do something along those lines somewhere else lets not harp on something that died or is dead.:sohappy:
Oh and by the way my opinion please don't tell me this response doesn't belong here it does for the most part thanks.:wave:

the-reason14

Then I'm glad my august trip will likely be my last for a few years....I just don't get it about this guy. He was average in the 80s, downright creepy in the 90s straight through to his death.....

My kids are 7 and 4....The very last thing I want them to associate with WDW is Michael Jackson.

I sincerely hope EO is nothing but the fanboy rumormill hoping to wag the dog....

Simple solution. If it was there when you were, dont go. Let the people who would want to see it, which should be more than enough to justify its return, go see it.

As far as the rumor goes, I dont think its for EO either. To me, this is something they should have done months ago. It could have been a great addition to the summer nightastic, not something to add at the end of the year.

PhantomX

Ah yes, because they haven't quite been morbid enough with this entire undertaking. :lookaroun

:rolleyes:

Last time I checked Disney is a business and their first priority is making a profit and increasing shareholder value. Captain EO has been a sucess in California and their is a market for Captain Eo to return to Epcot as well.

Courtney1188

Personally I don't get the feeling that this is for Eo. That ship has sailed for Epcot, at least in my opinion. If they wanted that to make an impact it would have been done months ago, not by the end of this year.

No, this speaks to me that HISTA and the Magic Eye Theater will close soon to make way for something new in the future.

I sure hope this is true, rather than what Screamscape said.

aladdin2007

Last time I checked Disney is a business and their first priority is making a profit and increasing shareholder value. Captain EO has been a sucess in California and their is a market for Captain Eo to return to Epcot as well.

Sadly if this is true and EO returns, that means it will be more years before they do anything with Imagination. OR, EO would be used as a draw while they close and redo the ride possibly?

I dont know I just see it as TDO buying time instead of doing anything new at all to either attraction. I get the feeling we will be stuck with EO for a long time (its an excuess for TDO to not have to do anything but a retrofit) and stuck with the current horrible ride for a long time yet. I hope that turns out to not be the case but.......:veryconfu

sleepy01020

Captain EO - Rumor - (4/21/10) I've heard a bit of good news from a reader that the maintenance team responsible for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience has been told to postpone all HISTA effect based renovation projects?. Why is this a good thing? Because it sounds like a clear sign that Captain EO is likely to be returning before the end of the year. Anyone else know more?

This is from Screamscape!

Please NO! Give us something new! Not the 80s again please! :brick:

Cmdr_Crimson

*shudder*

They should just screen this for 15 minutes if that's the plan:

scary-clown.jpg

Well...Okay um....yeah that would say...oh my..um...I think will drop the Magic Journeys..idea.....:lookaroun

Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......

wdwfan22

Sadly if this is true and EO returns, that means it will be more years before they do anything with Imagination. OR, EO would be used as a draw while they close and redo the ride possibly?

I dont know I just see it as TDO buying time instead of doing anything new at all to either attraction. I get the feeling we will be stuck with EO for a long time (its an excuess for TDO to not have to do anything but a retrofit) and stuck with the current horrible ride for a long time yet. I hope that turns out to not be the case but.......:veryconfu

Even if EO doesn't return, it will be years before anything is done with the Imagination Pavilion.

Wilt Dasney

Well...Okay um....yeah that would say...oh my..um...I think will drop the Magic Journeys..idea.....:lookaroun

Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......Can't sleep.....Clown will eat me......
:lol:

Sorry. MJ haunts the darkest recesses of my mind.

hrcollectibles

THe merchandise sales have been successful... I have no problem with them selling merchandise....

voodoo321

I saw Captain EO when it was there before and I was unimpressed. I've looked at it since online and was equally unimpressed. HISTA is maybe the worst attraction in all the World, but I don't see what's so exciting about an EO replacement.
P.S. Because of death, he should be more revered? He was once talented and original, then quickly became a caricature of himself and above all a child molester. Why do we absolve him of those things now? Plus the movie/show pretty much sucks.

MythBuster

Captain EO is indeed coming!! And sooner than you think. Try next month. I heard opening was slated May 2. But not much this time, no lasers, no LN2, just the 3D movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom