Captain America 4

MarvelCharacterNerd

I wish they'd saved the money from stunt-casting Harrison Ford and just made this season 2 of Falcon & Winter Soldier. It doesn't feel theatrical-level to me.

But I guess it doesn't matter as either way I'll just watch it at some point on Disney+.

MoonRakerSCM

He himself has dropped hints its minor in nature and that his appearances (plural, meaning he'll show up in more than just this movie) are leading to a series. So this indicates its more likely post-credit scenes rather than scenes during the core of the movie.

He's certainly featured a lot in the trailer for just post credit scene...

MoonRakerSCM

With all the new info out the past few days, certainly looks like Esposito is the main villain of the film. Why on earth would they write in the main villain during reshoots?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
With all the new info out the past few days, certainly looks like Esposito is the main villain of the film. Why on earth would they write in the main villain during reshoots?
Is he the main villain though? Its being setup in everything I seen and read that Ross is the main antagonist is the movie, with the climax being Sam battles Red Hulk.

And honestly who cares if they add more during reshoots, as long as it produces a good movie by release that is all that should matter.

erasure fan1

And honestly who cares if they add more during reshoots, as long as it produces a good movie by release that is all that should matter.
That's true. They can be red flag for sure, but in no way is it death sentence for a film. All major films have time scheduled for them. I think people get worried when they see a film delayed a year or more. You can have major reshoots that end up like justice league. But you can also have reshoots that give us a rogue one.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That's true. They can be red flag for sure, but in no way is it death sentence for a film. All major films have time scheduled for them. I think people get worried when they see a film delayed a year or more. You can have major reshoots that end up like justice league. But you can also have reshoots that give us a rogue one.
The problem is that the internet has made "reshoots" out to be a bad thing. When reshoots have been part of the Hollywood process for many decades. Its a normal part of the process that was mostly ignored until a few films just bad press because of them. Now anytime anyone hears reshoots they use it as a way to bash a film before its even released.

DKampy

Most IP blockbusters have reshoots dates schedule in the budget

erasure fan1

Most IP blockbusters have reshoots dates schedule in the budget
Yup, I said that in my post as well. The problem is when they delay a film by extremely large amounts. Unfortunately it becomes a convenient talking point for the YouTube community that has an axe to grind.

LSLS

The problem is that the internet has made "reshoots" out to be a bad thing. When reshoots have been part of the Hollywood process for many decades. Its a normal part of the process that was mostly ignored until a few films just bad press because of them. Now anytime anyone hears reshoots they use it as a way to bash a film before its even released.
It's the size and scope of reshoots that matters. If it's reshoots to change how some scenes look, change the end credits, etc., that's perfectly normal and fine. But if the reshoot is changing the main villain of the story, that is changing pretty much the entire film, and historically films that have THAT much change in a reshoot don't generally come out very well (again, there are plenty of exceptions to this). And I agree with eraser, it's a red flag, not a death sentence if it's that large a change.

Casper Gutman

It's the size and scope of reshoots that matters. If it's reshoots to change how some scenes look, change the end credits, etc., that's perfectly normal and fine. But if the reshoot is changing the main villain of the story, that is changing pretty much the entire film, and historically films that have THAT much change in a reshoot don't generally come out very well (again, there are plenty of exceptions to this). And I agree with eraser, it's a red flag, not a death sentence if it's that large a change.
The main villain is the same as it’s always been. The trailer confirms this.

This production did have particularly significant reshoots. We know why. Feige returned to a more directly involved role and ordered a retooling of every project in development, including this and Blade and the next Avengers. The production process for MCU films is very different from traditional blockbuster filmmaking and major reshoots are much less unusual, much less disruptive to the overall process, and much less of a red flag. Could the film still be a mess? Sure. But reshoots mean a lot less than they do on films like Borderlands that have more “traditional” production processes.

lazyboy97o

So much of this hand wringing about reshoots is rooted in bad faith arguments that storytelling and creative development are easy. It’s this vague nonsense of “just make a good movie”. There are definitely problems with allowing indecision in the creative process but a healthy creative process also allows change, especially when it is recognized that things are not working. It’s a contradiction to say you just want a good movie but also complain about the work done to try and make things better.

LSLS

So much of this hand wringing about reshoots is rooted in bad faith arguments that storytelling and creative development are easy. It’s this vague nonsense of “just make a good movie”. There are definitely problems with allowing indecision in the creative process but a healthy creative process also allows change, especially when it is recognized that things are not working. It’s a contradiction to say you just want a good movie but also complain about the work done to try and make things better.
Yeah, it's a weird line to work with. What is the percentage where reshoots are good to where reshoots become a major concern? I get the question being if you need to rework the majority of the film, can you really piecemeal it together to make something that works well and is cohesive. But what is a rework of the majority of a film? I could see a major change in villain falling into that, but as I said before, that's still no guarantee it's not done well and works together in the end.

For what it's worth, I'm not saying this film falls into the major reshoot category (or even comes close), just an interesting question to me. And I am not saying the main villain has been changed, I just can see that as a major rework. At any rate, I'm excited for this one, so we will see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom