Canopies To Be Removed from Future World and more

jmvd20

Sorta like it was, at least as far as the water: (image from themeparks.com)
normal_earth002.jpg

WOW - I did not remember the water features by the Communicore buildings...

I always remembered the lighting in this area being beautiful and now I know why. Thanks for that picture as it has been a very long time since I saw this!

SirNim

Gosh, at first I thought the permit meant the Innoventions Plaza "Millennium Treatment" canopy was coming down... :) (upgrade) but it's clearly only the FountainView Cafe canopy, according to the map on Page 2. :( (downgrade)

Will the "Millennium Treatment" canopy come down sometime soon as well? Is the FountainView Cafe as good as dead? Or does the FountainView Cafe canopy removal signify that this particular restaurant location will be getting some sort of total makeover, to be transformed into a new restaurant location, or a new exhibit space, or....? Tune in next week for the thrilling conclusion to "As the Whirligigs Turn...in Innoventions Plaza"... :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

Yeah the canopies, while being great for shade, are bad for the avid photographer. (who, me? :lookaroun )

Attachments

• EPCOT Food & Wine 10.06 060.jpg
    EPCOT Food & Wine 10.06 060.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 72

Figment82

False. The addition of the Norway and Wonders of Life pavillions were welcome additions. As was Soarin'.

What about Morrocco? Beautiful architecture hand-crafted by native artists - it's the most authentic country in the Showcase. Plus, I got to give a shout out to the delicious baklava and chicken bastilla! :slurp:

jmvd20

What about Morrocco? Beautiful architecture hand-crafted by native artists - it's the most authentic country in the Showcase. Plus, I got to give a shout out to the delicious baklava and chicken bastilla! :slurp:

Don't forget the Casablanca!

Champion

False. The addition of the Norway and Wonders of Life pavillions were welcome additions. As was Soarin'.

First two were during (or maybe even before, don't feel like looking up the dates) EPCOT Center so they don't count.

I've seen numerous complaints about the closing of Food Rocks and the changes to The Land and how Soarin isn't educational enough. So although you may like it, thats not how all the 1995EPCOT!!!!!!111one fans believe.

Epcot82Guy

I do miss the appearance of that plaza at night, but I agree that during the day, it looked a little plain. It's a tough call.

jmvd20

First two were during (or maybe even before, don't feel like looking up the dates) EPCOT Center so they don't count.

I've seen numerous complaints about the closing of Food Rocks and the changes to The Land and how Soarin isn't educational enough. So although you may like it, thats not how all the 1995EPCOT!!!!!!111one fans believe.

Norway and WoL were during EPCOT Center years for sure, Norway was added in 1988 and I think WoL was 1989 or 1990.

As far as the 1995EPCOT!!!!... comment goes - I would prefer that to be 1992EPCOT!!!!... In my opinion far superior to the 1995 version.

DisneyBoiler

Is the FountainView Cafe as good as dead? Or does the FountainView Cafe canopy removal signify that this particular restaurant location will be getting some sort of total makeover, to be transformed into a new restaurant location, or a new exhibit space, or....? Tune in next week for the thrilling conclusion to "As the Whirligigs Turn...in Innoventions Plaza"... :lookaroun

I have a good feeling that the fountainview cafe will turn into a hand dipped ice cream parlor :animwink:

EpcotMark

This guy is RIGHT! Everyone else is WRONG! They are NOT removing the future world Pin Station Canapies! Just the Fountain View Bakery Canopy. My God, one person gets it wrong and everyone falls into "Groupthink."
All the other canopies will stay because it adds a bit of shade on those hot summer days. Boy people, you could have fooled me!

It looks like there getting rid of the halfpipe canopies around Fountainview. It doesn't say anything about removing all the canopies. I believe they will keep the rest. I think they are going to reopen Fountain View. At least they should, it would be an extremely cool bar for adults. You get amazing views of the water shows. I take it as a good sign.

It also says Fountain View Canopy Structure removal under the project name. 3rd items on the left at the top 1st page.

For people who don't know where we are talking about, in the picture above it is on the bottom left, just left of the fountain.

Spyne

I'm a little confused. Do you mean THESE canopies?

canopies.jpg

If so, that's interesting. I think it will definitely make Future World look less cluttered.

Dizknee_Phreek

What you have to realize is that when you're dealing with the EPCOT Center nutcases, ANYTHING that has been added is bad.

:lol: Oooohhhh! Hey now! I'm a bit of an EPCOT Center nutcase...I'd love to see it restored to its "former glory". But I know the EPCOT Center I grew up with can't be anymore. They can bring the essence back if they try (and it seems like they are right now), but the "old" Epcot can't come back.
But...typically, I'm a WDW Purist through and through ;)

movieride

and now it looks gaudy and tacky...like something you would see at the local carnivale.

Yeah, from the sky those canopies do have that "Mardi Gras" feel to them. The triangular shapes are echoed in the pavement design....I wonder if that will change as well.
I'm looking forward to the throwback feel to Epcot again! For my taste it doesen't have to be stripped down to be great again.... maybe a different kind of addition- more greenerery perhaps? There are trees in the future right? :)

Hummer1676

This is to funny. I think people just read the title of the thread and don''t bother to read everyone elses post. Like Epcotmark says, just read the spec. sheet and it tells you what is being done.

jmvd20

This is to funny. I think people just read the title of the thread and don''t bother to read everyone elses post. Like Epcotmark says, just read the spec. sheet and it tells you what is being done.

I think some people are still talking about the large awnings in the area because some people who are reliable have said that they will be removed in the near future. Even though the NOC linked by the OP is for the Fountainview and not the main awnings. However it still appears that the days are numbered for the Millenium Awning package.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom