Canopies To Be Removed from Future World and more

Enigma

Account Suspended
Yes, but the design style at Mall at Millenia is already outdated.

The carpet is always dirty, too. ;)

In what sense is it outdated? Its a very nice design...everytime I take people there for the first time they are impressed with it. I was using the mall as just one example of stuff outside Disney that is very nice compared to the tacky stuff they try to throw at us in the parks nowadays.

tirian

In what sense is it outdated? Its a very nice design...everytime I take people there for the first time they are impressed with it. I was using the mall as just one example of stuff outside Disney that is very nice compared to the tacky stuff they try to throw at us in the parks nowadays.

Hence the wink at the end. :)

Shaman

Call me torn.

Hi Torn! :wave::lol:
:lookaroun

Anyway...whatever happened to the rumors of doing away with parts of Innoventions and the current plaza to make that whole area more earthy...with a huge garden and more fountains and stuff. I think that would be great.

I've always felt that Innoventions is a HUGE waste of space...an ugly almost always vacant waste of space. :eek: :lookaroun

:shrug:

EPCOT.nut

I've always felt that Innoventions is a HUGE waste of space...an ugly almost always vacant waste of space. :eek: :lookaroun

:shrug:

I remember when I really liked it and spent quite a bit of time there. It has to be challenging to come up with stuff to WOW us.

TinkerBell9988

Anyway...whatever happened to the rumors of doing away with parts of Innoventions and the current plaza to make that whole area more earthy...with a huge garden and more fountains and stuff. I think that would be great.

You mean, Project Gemini?

:lol: I think that's dead now, hopefully. But I am all for making the whole Innoventions Plaza area look earthy. It would be reminiscent of what it used to look like in the 80's.

tirian

You mean, Project Gemini?

:lol: I think that's dead now, hopefully.

Actually, the only questionable aspect of Project Gemini was turning SSE into a thrill ride. The other plans, such as a space pavilion, bring the Little Mermaid characters into the Living Seas, adding on to the Land pavilion, and revamping WoL and Imagination would have been good changes for Epcot.

In case you didn't notice, many of the Project Gemini plans actually did happen!

Regarding Innoventions Plaza, this is the only area of Future World that feels like concrete and steel; the rest of Future World has gorgeous landscaping. Even though I don't hate the canopies, I have to admit that this entire area would be much more aesthetically pleasing if it returned to its Communicore-era landscaping. The whirlygigs would look great among trees and ponds!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Actually, the only questionable aspect of Project Gemini was turning SSE into a thrill ride. The other plans, such as a space pavilion, bring the Little Mermaid characters into the Living Seas, adding on to the Land pavilion, and revamping WoL and Imagination would have been good changes for Epcot.

In case you didn't notice, many of the Project Gemini plans actually did happen!

Regarding Innoventions Plaza, this is the only area of Future World that feels like concrete and steel; the rest of Future World has gorgeous landscaping. Even though I don't hate the canopies, I have to admit that this entire area would be much more aesthetically pleasing if it returned to its Communicore-era landscaping. The whirlygigs would look great among trees and ponds!

You mean like all the signs throughout the rest of Future World?

Too bad they're all broken. It's gotten to a point where it needs to be scrapped and rebuilt and in that process rethought. The directional signage is in abysmal shape throughout Future World and is all based on Innoventions. Scrap it all and start fresh.

EPCOT.nut

You mean like all the signs throughout the rest of Future World?

Too bad they're all broken. It's gotten to a point where it needs to be scrapped and rebuilt and in that process rethought. The directional signage is in abysmal shape throughout Future World and is all based on Innoventions. Scrap it all and start fresh.

I never noticed the broken signs! But I have thought some of the placement and directions are a bit off.

TinkerBell9988

I know all about Project Gemini, including the Rainforest Rollercoaster that was "supposedly" going to be built between The Land and The Living Seas, and about the elaborate gardens and ponds that were to replace Innoventions.

True, most of the plans for Project Gemini DID go through, but altered slightly. I believe Epcot is better off now than it would have been with Gemini. Especially concerning the Time Racers redo for SSE. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom