Canopies To Be Removed from Future World and more

cooleo

Also, as mentioned a while back, a temporary, pre-fabricated food service building is to be installed in the American Adventure most certainly for the Food and Wine Festival.
http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=29189445&file_num=20070545859&doc_status=S

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=29189444&file_num=20070545858&doc_status=S

NOTE: This says the Pre-Fab building will be installed along WS (World Showcase) by the American Adventure Pavilion Food Kiosk. I don't think this is going INSIDE!!!!:eek:

Jerm

OK since I can't get the page to come up at all we are not talking about the purple ones going into the pin store? Anyone have a pic of the area that is going to be changed?

Champion

Hey...I like the twirly things! They're just starting to look faded now.
Which weird lights are you talking about, btw? ...Hopefully not the fiberoptics in the sidewalks...those are too much fun!
And I didn't mind the canopy so much, either. It does mess up pictures of SSE. But I thought it looked kinda cool. I liked it better than the wand. And, with stripping down FW as much as they are, I'm afraid non-vets are going to complain even more about how everything is concrete. I don't mind all the concrete so much, cause I was introduced to WDW during the EPCOT Center era....but I know some people don't like it.

What you have to realize is that when you're dealing with the EPCOT Center nutcases, ANYTHING that has been added is bad.

Epcot82Guy

All bashing posts aside...

I never really minded the canopies. I am sort of indifferent, so if they go or stay, I think it works. I do like the whirligigs, though. They are in need of an update/paint job, but I think they add a nice element to the plaza and some kinetics which were somewhat lacking in the original Communicore plaza area. The one thing I wish would return (which can't) is some additional water and some greater interaction between Innoventions and the plaza. When the darkened and closed it in, I think it was a big mistake.

raven

Personally I liked the canopies. It brightened up the area and filled in the vast space of that area very nicely.

jasondiff

Canopies:
canopies.jpg

Hummer1676

It looks like there getting rid of the halfpipe canopies around Fountainview. It doesn't say anything about removing all the canopies. I believe they will keep the rest. I think they are going to reopen Fountain View. At least they should, it would be an extremely cool bar for adults. You get amazing views of the water shows. I take it as a good sign.

It also says Fountain View Canopy Structure removal under the project name. 3rd items on the left at the top 1st page.

For people who don't know where we are talking about, in the picture above it is on the bottom left, just left of the fountain.

ROEFan88

Canopies:
canopies.jpg

I think I can say I'm a genuine fan of this particular millennium addition, but i suppose they should come down with the wand. But I do think they really add a little flair to the Innoventions area, and they make for a nice photo with SSE (wandless) in the background. What concerns me more is how the floor was redesigned to echo them (I'm assuming it wasn't like that before...) - somehow I can't see them correcting this to correspond. It seems like a far more expensive job to get rid of the diamonds on the floor - I hope they don't just leave it, they'll look stupid on their own.

Jerm

It also says Fountain View Canopy Structure removal under the project name. 3rd items on the left at the top 1st page.

For people who don't know where we are talking about, in the picture above it is on the bottom left, just left of the fountain.

That is what I thought from what everyone was talking about. So everyone that is all happy about that place becoming suntan land again, don't get your hopes up too high.

J

jt04

That is what I thought from what everyone was talking about. So everyone that is all happy about that place becoming suntan land again, don't get your hopes up too high.

J

I was hoping for some trees so Epcot could improve it's carbon footprint:rolleyes:

Or just because trees would look better than that 80's style canopy

tirian

And that's exactly why I like the canopies. I hate the "spatran" look...bare and cold...ugh. :hurl:

I'm indifferent regarding the canopies, but I do hope that Epcot's Future World will eventually get most of the aesthetic makeover proposed in Project Gemini: lots of trees, fountains, and water ponds.

jasondiff

I'm indifferent regarding the canopies, but I do hope that Epcot's Future World will eventually get most of the aesthetic makeover proposed in Project Gemini: lots of trees, fountains, and water ponds.

Sorta like it was, at least as far as the water: (image from themeparks.com)
normal_earth002.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom