Canopies To Be Removed from Future World and more

ccmuffin2

I look forward to to getting under those canopies in the hub after walking up the incline to the hub . Its a great place to take a moment to decide what direction your gonna head off to , There is not many places to even get shade in Epcot that I can think of. Also at night they reflect the light back to the ground. I Like that the Wand is gone ! I like the idea of leaving a legacy.I think it would be great in the future that my son could show his son when he was a kid his father took this picture so he could see it in the future..I think they should move COP to Epcot where it would get more attention it deserves.But I think people who think because you complained about the Massive wand and how much you hate it they took it down ,You will just complain about every thing you hate and they will do that too..I suggest you go to Sea World you would love it ..I walked in there and I thought was 1982 ...Its just what you guys want ....

tirian

Sorta like it was, at least as far as the water: (image from themeparks.com)
normal_earth002.jpg

This looked much more futuristic than anything in Future World right now, except for the M:S facade.

p.s. To anyone who doesn't understand why some of us wish Epcot would return to an "EPCOT Center" aesthetic, THIS PICTURE shows "why."

WDWcouple

you EPCOT purists scare me... Im glad the wand is gone too... but take one win at a time.... bask in it....... and giggle till you cry.....

PS we all know the LaL monoliths will be there for 14 more years.... lets deal with it and focus on the real tragedy at EPCOT..... bringing back Becks in the Germany pavillion

juan

When did they do that? Remove all that, that is? Cause it does look amazing...I would've loved to have seen it like that!

I actually don't remember it ever being that way - probably around 1990 or the Communicore -> Innoventions transformation ('94)

jmuboy

I hate the wand, don't care for LAL, and am TOTALLY indifferent to the canopies. So I am really ambivelant to this change. I'm still thrilled about SSE getting lots of TLC.

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
In order to aleviate confusion, I have changed the title of my first post to reflect my misjudgement.

Sorry about that. Although I did realize and corrected my mistake in a later post.

Anyway, I strongly believe that the rest of the canopies will go bye bye soon.

jt04

In order to aleviate confusion, I have changed the title of my first post to reflect my misjudgement.

Sorry about that. Although I did realize and corrected my mistake in a later post.

Anyway, I strongly believe that the rest of the canopies will go bye bye soon.

Easy mistake. It is obvious to me that the trend is towards a more minimalist appearance to alleviate all the clutter. The picture that was posted that everyone is raving about could be recreated (or something like it) And with fiber optics and LED lighting maintenance would be easier. Bottom line is, I expect, and hope, this is part of the "greening" of FutureWorld and will put the emphasis on natural elements and state of the art lighting.
(Think Sylvania) Have a nice day....:cool:

djramone

This looked much more futuristic than anything in Future World right now, except for the M:S facade.

p.s. To anyone who doesn't understand why some of us wish Epcot would return to an "EPCOT Center" aesthetic, THIS PICTURE shows "why."

It looked cool and futuristic then, but now, I think the photo kind of looks like the center court of a shopping mall in 1985...

Expo_Seeker40

I thought all the mellenium additions made it look like an old shopping mall court area too!!!! :eek:

Where you could pass the fountain with 50 gazillion pennies in it, and take a stroll into DEB, spencers, Sears Outlett, and the arcade.

Innoventions Plaza has wayyyy too much stuff going on in it. Rather than be simple and allowing the kind and innocent Disney guest to either march into world showcase or go into future world east or west.........or pay money for a souvenier.....Innoventions Plaza is cluttered with multi patterened sidewalks, weird whirly gigamodos, faded tarps/tents/ a random pin shop, random flower beds and trees, did I mention the numerous cables going everywhere?

Let alone the pink, purple, and tans don't really help "cool" you down when you factor in the florida sun. The cremes and lighter blues of old communicore plaza, the extra ponds, etc all made it more pleasing etc.

Of course it was supposed to be simple. They wanted you to get your butts moving and go on and see other attractions, not just gawk at the maze of stuff that has become of Innoventions Plaza.

Let alone Communicore used the floor to ceiling windows.

......but yeah I'll take the wand and stars going over the tarps anyday. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom