Canopies To Be Removed from Future World and more

jt04

I thought all the mellenium additions made it look like an old shopping mall court area too!!!! :eek:

Where you could pass the fountain with 50 gazillion pennies in it, and take a stroll into DEB, spencers, Sears Outlett, and the arcade.

Innoventions Plaza has wayyyy too much stuff going on in it. Rather than be simple and allowing the kind and innocent Disney guest to either march into world showcase or go into future world east or west.........or pay money for a souvenier.....Innoventions Plaza is cluttered with multi patterened sidewalks, weird whirly gigamodos, faded tarps/tents/ a random pin shop, random flower beds and trees, did I mention the numerous cables going everywhere?

Let alone the pink, purple, and tans don't really help "cool" you down when you factor in the florida sun. The cremes and lighter blues of old communicore plaza, the extra ponds, etc all made it more pleasing etc.

Of course it was supposed to be simple. They wanted you to get your butts moving and go on and see other attractions, not just gawk at the maze of stuff that has become of Innoventions Plaza.

Let alone Communicore used the floor to ceiling windows.

......but yeah I'll take the wand and stars going over the tarps anyday. :)

I agree 100% with you when you say it does not "cool" you down. Not just because of the psychology of the colors but all those cables, pipes, spinning things and support tubes ABSORB heat all day and then reradiate it. Any gain from the "shade" of the canopies is lost due to radiant heat plus they block any breeze! More grass and plants and water and cooling fountains would be much better IMHO of course. I hate all that millinium stuff and it has really started to look run down too.

tirian

It looked cool and futuristic then, but now, I think the photo kind of looks like the center court of a shopping mall in 1985...

Which shopping malls in the 1980s had ponds, real trees, and uncluttered spaces?

The triangles and neon in the current plaza look much more outdated than organic forms.

Anyway, I agree with everyone else: I don't care about these canopies as long as the wand is gone! :sohappy:

Figment82

So I played my usual role of major dork today and took numerous photos of Fountain View - just in case... :lookaroun

The drinking cups were still in their dispensers, the soda fountain was still there ready to go. There was even a manager walking around inside checking on things. It was quite eerie, actually. Like a place frozen in time.

Figment82

So you guys think the current Innoventions Plaza is too busy and cluttered??

I don't see it... :shrug:

:p

1153286492_3277c23da4.jpg

Hummer1676

I think some people are still talking about the large awnings in the area because some people who are reliable have said that they will be removed in the near future. Even though the NOC linked by the OP is for the Fountainview and not the main awnings. However it still appears that the days are numbered for the Millenium Awning package.

10-4 I guess i'm not staying in the loop. I have to admit that i do like it pre millenium. I like good landscaping over concrete anyday. Plus the extra water features around made it look really nice.

Only time will tell.:wave:

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
I really like that night shot. I think that the canopies mak SSE pictures llok even nicer. However, they are a bit stale now and I'm glad too see them go (soon).

ftwildcmpr

Apparently some people have nothing better to do than complain about one thing or another. If you do not like the way it looks DON"T GO! I have been going to all Disney World parks since day one and have never found anything to complain about. My family and I go at least twice a year and enjoy every trip. We are just thrilled just to get the chance to go and spend time together as a family. The look has nothing to do with it. It is spending time with family and friends. Personally I like the wand and canopies, but it will not keep me from going if they are not there. It changes nothing. My family and I will continue to visit disney regardless of how they change it.

MythBuster

NOTE: This says the Pre-Fab building will be installed along WS (World Showcase) by the American Adventure Pavilion Food Kiosk. I don't think this is going INSIDE!!!!:eek:

It's going in front of the American Gardens theatre on the left hand side replacing the current drink cart. It is going to be bigger and will have more options. It will be called the "AA Marketplace"

Pongo

First off, I love that picture of the old Epcot. The one with the ponds and trees. It really is beautiful, and I'm too young to remember that, but I wish I did. It looks really beautiful.

However, as a regular park goer of the present, I have to say that Innventions plaza is one of my favorite places to be in all of Walt Disney World. The canopies are nice -- they add a little something I can't put my finger on. I enjoy them. And the whirligigs add some very nice kinetics to the area -- one of the things I like best about it. Do I want to see this go? Not really. Would I like to see the old version restored? Actually, yes.

Call me torn.

tirian

Apparently some people have nothing better to do than complain about one thing or another. If you do not like the way it looks DON"T GO! I have been going to all Disney World parks since day one and have never found anything to complain about. My family and I go at least twice a year and enjoy every trip. We are just thrilled just to get the chance to go and spend time together as a family. The look has nothing to do with it. It is spending time with family and friends. Personally I like the wand and canopies, but it will not keep me from going if they are not there. It changes nothing. My family and I will continue to visit disney regardless of how they change it.

I added the bold. We're just having a conversation about our personal preferences. No one is planning to boycott Epcot over a canopy.

Most people are capable of talking about this stuff without involving emotional outbursts.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Local carnivale? Nothing local ever looks that good.

Not sure where you live but Ive seen local stuff in my neighboorhood that looks much nicer. Even in the Orlando area go to a place like Mall of Millenium look how nice and clean the design is. Its not all tacked up to the hilt with gaudy cheap stuff thrown all over the structures.

comics101

Not sure where you live but Ive seen local stuff in my neighboorhood that looks much nicer. Even in the Orlando area go to a place like Mall of Millenium look how nice and clean the design is. Its not all tacked up to the hilt with gaudy cheap stuff thrown all over the structures.

It's cheap, but adds a nice touch to the Innoventions Plaza area. As I said, it's much cooler than a carnivale would look, and has a touch of future to it. Why are you always so negitive about WDW? More specifically Epcot?

tirian

Yes, but the design style at Mall at Millenia is already outdated.

The carpet is always dirty, too. ;)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The real irony is that these "things" don't provide any real shade and don't provide cover from rain and overall serve no purpose other then aestetic - which lately is lacking as they're so faded in color it's nearly impossible to determine their original color short of looking at photos of 1999.

EPCOT.nut

Hey - we're just talking Disney. It's no BFD, OK! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom