Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

wannabeBelle

Any chance this is a test for a new show featuring them or could it just be an annual holiday/seasonal offering? Hopefully you can find out.

I'm going to be visiting Epcot guest services if I head there next month. I'd like to see the show and support them, simply because they're good and they've been so loyal to that company for so long. They deserve the support.
Thanks KMan, Im sure Guest Services will be happy to listen to you!!!! LOL LOL As of right now, this is a resurrection of a holiday offering that was done last year. There is no reason to believe this will be extended as of now. If I hear anything different I will be sure to let everyone know!! Marie

wannabeBelle

On our trip last week we made a stop at Guest Relations and told them how much we would love to see Off Kilter play again. Explained that while the Lumberjacks are talented, its just not the place I would expect to see them and the sound of chainsaws is very unwelcome.. Said I felt like we were riding Kali River Rapids.. lol. Felt better after talking to guest relations, but knew in the back of my mind that we would most likely never see them back. Same feeling I got when we expressed our opinion about the Adventurers Club closing.

Oh well.. At least I got to talk to them, and if enough do then maybe someone will listen.
We gotta try though, right Dubman?? Marie

Kman101

Thanks KMan, Im sure Guest Services will be happy to listen to you!!!! LOL LOL As of right now, this is a resurrection of a holiday offering that was done last year. There is no reason to believe this will be extended as of now. If I hear anything different I will be sure to let everyone know!! Marie

Ah, completely forgot that was offered last year. Doh. LOL

pipenut

I too saw this show just this past Thursday and despite the number of "thumbs down" comments here, the crowd was standing room only, and about 5 rows deep at that. Take that for what it's worth.

And I personally found it hilarious that the sounds of duelling chainsaws could be heard as far as the bridge into the France pavilion! LOL! I envision the rest of the WS pavilions rising up against the noise pollution.

Disneyhead'71

I'm anxiously awaiting the retirement of Voices Of Liberty to make way for an Old West Sharpshooting/Bull Riding demonstration. Nothing represents 'merica better than guns and bull.

And there is little need to worry and the gun noise. The chainsaws will mask it.

JCtheparrothead

I heard this more than i saw it on my trip in October/November and it is just as bad in person. My 2 boys that love loud noise and breaking thing asked me to leave 1.5 minutes into the show. Please Disney, make this science project disappear.

Ralphlaw

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but the Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan, Alaska is very popular for the cruise line guests on the Wonder. Perhaps that was the inspiration for bringing it to Epcot. Regardless, it's not very exciting if you don't have log rolling and tree climbing. Plus, at Ketchikan you look down from the stands, so you're not staring up at lumber butts the whole time. Lame, and it just doesn't work in Florida.

CDavid

Chainsaws in EPCOT Are about as bad as it gets.

Oh, I can think of a legitimate use for chainsaws in Epcot:

images

JWG

I'm going to guess a more permant looking structure for them with better guest spacing barriers. not it's just the old stage with wood barricades keeping guests back. Probably something more "finished".

Mike S

Canadian Holiday Voyageurs have started!!!! Finally no more lumberjacks, at least for a while. Also I was checking out the new band in the UK, much more traditional Gaelic band, The Paul McKenna Group. Definitely not bad at all!!!! Stop by and check them out!!! Marie
I'm at the park now so I'll go see them if I can. Shame the Lumberjacks aren't here, I was almost looking forward to the sound of chainsaws :rolleyes:

wannabeBelle

I saw the rest of the video and I am pretty darn impressed, Looks like EPCOT really did save the best for last. They are pretty impressive. Much more traditional than Off Kilter but extremely talented musicians in the Gaelic type of music. I thought it was pretty awesome!!!! Show times are at 11am, 11:50am, 12:45pm, 1:40pm, 2:35pm, 3:35pm and 4:50pm. as per the article on the main page. As always check your entertainment guides in the park for any updates!!!! Enjoy it!!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom