Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

ABQ

.. and would work as a hell of a feeder to the DTD show too. Seems like a no brainer to me... put one of those strength pair guys out there. Many people don't really know what to expect from a Cirque show.. so a street version a few times a day would be a great intro and get people to want more..
We had something similar to the strength pair, maybe even more interesting when the Kristos ran at Epcot. That was a great big of entertainment, replaced by nothing.

NearTheEars

Agree with that. The emcee really isn't up to the job. It requires a good amount if charisma and stage presence. As scripted, the show depends on the competition between the red shirts and blue shirts and who'll win. For that to work you have sell the concept to the audience and give them a reason to believe it. The emcee doesn't do that and the performers also have to have byplay between each other to support the concept.

This troup doesn't sell the concept and as such the show just sits there with no excitement and is currently a dud. Maybe they can get better but they've got a long way to go.

And as a Canadian I'm sick of that lumberjack/woodsman stereotype. It's never been part of my life and I've lived in some very rural areas as well as urban areas of the country. Come on Disney, find something else to represent my culture and there is lots including street acts like Cirque du Soleil that started as a street act in Montreal. That would be great streetmosphere.

It needs to be more fast paced. They need some energy and I think it would be OK. One of the events they just made one cut through the log. Wasn't very exciting. When you see those Lumberjack games on TV they are quickly making several cuts up and down. Lots of energy.

Ranch Dressing

Oh boy. Saw this show and i have to say Disney has reached an all time low in family entertainment.

20141112_164821.jpg

wogwog

Good news if you will be at Epcot any time for the rest of this year. A WDW manager sent me this since I have ridiculed this so called entertainment. To be fair I have not seen it but have had nothing but horrid comments from friends who have.

"The Canadian Lumberjacks Show will be on a brief hiatus to welcome our holiday entertainment to Canada, The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs, who explore the holiday customs of the various regions of Canada through music. The Canadian Lumberjacks Show will resume on January 4."

wannabeBelle

I have seen it last year, the back up band is the members of Off Kilter, who all got called back this year for this show. The female vocalist is the new part of this as are the songs. They are the more traditional songs, not anything done by Off Kilter. I typically sit on the half wall by the guitarist, Randy so I did for this show as well. I couldn't tell if the chick who was the featured vocalist was singing in French or English, even at that close range. I swear she looked like an animatronic!!! It was really not great and am hoping for some changes for this year, but in any case, I'm sure it is better than the lumberjacks!!! Marie

Kman101

I'm sort of wondering if the lumberjacks will even return? I know Disney wouldn't admit a mistake but to have it just ... vanish. I could see that. Every time I see this thread bumped I hope it's news that the lumberjack show is either being totally re-tooled or removed.

Late to the news but it's nice to see they are bringing back Off Kilter's members, and total kudos to them (the bands members, not Disney) for doing it. Likely for their fans.

wannabeBelle

Kman from your mouth to Iger's ears!!!! At this point, I can tell you most of the fans I know would be thrilled to have the guys back. The only problem now is if it will happen in time. The CHV show is a great stop gap to give Disney's management some time, but it is only like a month or so. I know if I knew I was going to be unemployed, I would be looking for another job already. If the guys manage to find employment separately the chances of getting Off Kilter back in it's current format are slim to none. I hope that if they are leaning that way, the decision is made sooner rather than later. If they wait too long, they may not have the option!! Marie

Kman101

Kman from your mouth to Iger's ears!!!! At this point, I can tell you most of the fans I know would be thrilled to have the guys back. The only problem now is if it will happen in time. The CHV show is a great stop gap to give Disney's management some time, but it is only like a month or so. I know if I knew I was going to be unemployed, I would be looking for another job already. If the guys manage to find employment separately the chances of getting Off Kilter back in it's current format are slim to none. I hope that if they are leaning that way, the decision is made sooner rather than later. If they wait too long, they may not have the option!! Marie

Any chance this is a test for a new show featuring them or could it just be an annual holiday/seasonal offering? Hopefully you can find out.

I'm going to be visiting Epcot guest services if I head there next month. I'd like to see the show and support them, simply because they're good and they've been so loyal to that company for so long. They deserve the support.

Dubman

On our trip last week we made a stop at Guest Relations and told them how much we would love to see Off Kilter play again. Explained that while the Lumberjacks are talented, its just not the place I would expect to see them and the sound of chainsaws is very unwelcome.. Said I felt like we were riding Kali River Rapids.. lol. Felt better after talking to guest relations, but knew in the back of my mind that we would most likely never see them back. Same feeling I got when we expressed our opinion about the Adventurers Club closing.

Oh well.. At least I got to talk to them, and if enough do then maybe someone will listen.

wannabeBelle

Ya know what a lot of people are complaining about that and maybe if enough do, someone will listen. I love Off Kilter and would be so happy to see them brought back. I know it seems like it might be worthless with all the complaints and letter writing, but how much worse would you feel if you did nothing?? Also the gentlemen in the band and their subs know how loved they are and that means the world to them. There are a few of the band members on the Save Off Kilter page on Facebook so we do get some live feedback. I hope that this is a way to keep the band around and together for a bit more to make a decision to move the lumberjacks to a more appropriate venue and put back Off Kilter. I cant see any other reason to bring back that particular combination when they could have outsourced this to a third party provider very easily. As of right now, there has been no news given to the band on them coming back though. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom