Can something be done about people using words of swear?

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I suggest we go easy on the original poster. My read is that English might not be her native language. I think her point is valid and that some of us have become more immune than others.

... on the other hand, it may be that the guys were returning from a seafood buffet and what was overheard is "You are full of carp."

Really....

It's possible...

Kinda sorta

Pepper's Ghost

I suggest we go easy on the original poster. My read is that English might not be her native language. I think her point is valid and that some of us have become more immune than others.
nope.gif

Walt Disney1955

Ignore it. There is not much you can do about profanity unless it is directed at a person in a threatening manner using threats. If you overhear it in a private conversation, just ignore it. Not everyone has been taught by their parents to keep their language clean in mixed crowds.

Daddyoh

SERIOUSLY ? How can you expect that you or Disney have any control over EVERYONE in the world and how they speak ? Do we have over the hill expectations about that. That's not to say that public profanity is acceptable but you can only "control" so much. I imagine kids have heard alot more than what we think at school and if brought up properly and respectfully they being resilient will ignore what they need to out of respect for their family. Maturity is a "work in progress".

MorphinePrince

It doesn't impact you, so stop being a prude. Frankly, I find those who feel "above" profanity to be such bores. Of course, growing up in the rural American South, I've come to despise most standards of "decorum" because there nothing short of hog wash 🤷‍♂️

Mousse'

It all comes down to class. It is an excellent chance to point out to your children if they want to grow up having none or as a shock jock/standup clinic, they can swear when circumstances are inappropriate for such.

And I’d posit everyone swears - the word they utter may not be one we’d all recognize as such, but the emotional state is what defines the moment. My wife swears better than any sailor I’ve met, but never in public.

Unless of course the person is just using it in a truly casual way, and I’d bet if that is the case you kid doesn’t notice or has already figured it out (…and if they’re asking you they’re yanking your chain).

Finally, best applicable movie quote: Nicholas Cage, Faceoff “You watch your F*#&IN' MOUTH…”

mergatroid

Talking of the other C word. As a child I never realised what the character 'Cupid Stunt' played by Kenny Everett meant. Only later in life did it dawn on me :eek:

kenny-e1476113917413.jpg

danyoung56

Wait a second. It just hit me - all this time the C word we were talking about is CRAP? And that's what all the fuss is about? Heck, my minister father would use that word all the time!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom