Can something be done about people using words of swear?

Weather_Lady

I don’t get that sense at all.

ESL was just my impression. Her syntax and grammar were off, and some of her diction was just weird: it reminded me of some of the things I read, written by students, when I was studying to teach English as a Second Language. For example, "words of swear," "grownup would never say such thing," "it register that is exactly what he say," "I ask my children" (but intending past tense), "locker room with the fellows," "filth what he say," "not exact sure," "be hear by us," "he shout to his friend," etc.

It's also possible she's just a really poor writer. Maybe I was trying too hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.

LittleBuford

ESL was just my impression. Her syntax and grammar were off, and some of her diction was just weird: it reminded me of some of the things I read, written by students, when I was studying to teach English as a Second Language. For example, "words of swear," "grownup would never say such thing," "it register that is exactly what he say," "I ask my children" (but intending past tense), "locker room with the fellows," "filth what he say," "not exact sure," "be hear by us," "he shout to his friend," etc.

It's also possible she's just a really poor writer. Maybe I was trying too hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.
I took “words of swear” to be an attempted genteelism, but perhaps you’re right. If her post was earnest, I do hope she hasn’t been too badly stung by all the comments it generated!

DiSnEyF@n

I’m not going to lie…. I legit thought this post was about the “see you next Tuesday” C-word…. Not about the word “crap”… I’m not condoning anything and not judging anyone… just surprised is all.

Willmark

You’re not the only one who looked side eye at the initial post.

RScottyL

While I agree that a Disney theme park is not the best place to use swear words, there is no way to completely control it.

If you hear an occasional word, then just let it go!

If you are in line and someone is using them left and right, you might let one of the CMs know. They may just give them a reading of the rules and warn them, unless they heard it themselves!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You’ve heard of her? You must not have been living under a rock. /s
I wonder if she used any of her words of swear around the Chief Executive...

200w.webp

Willmark

Might be time for one of my line by line eviscerations.

A few went away with the political forum but two still remain:

Retort in the Katiebug thread:

Smack down in the Rodrigo thread:

A few ideas are starting to formulate for the reply…

Last edited:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
was that from johnny dangerously?

Indeed it is.

The OP has violated his fargin rights.

“Imma gonna put your bells in a sling you bastage.”

You somanabatchin' icehole!

Don’t you bullshtein me, search the sum nom batch

If only Johnny Dangerously was streaming somewhere. I need to see it and I'm pretty sure my VHS tape is long lost...

danyoung56

I’m not going to lie…. I legit thought this post was about the “see you next Tuesday” C-word…. Not about the word “crap”… I’m not condoning anything and not judging anyone… just surprised is all.

I thought the same thing! It only took a couple hundred posts for me to figger out that the word in question was "crap". Amazing!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom