Bye Snow White

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I love the classic Disney Attractions, but its time for some to be replaced. I think the new Pooh ride was a good replacement for Toad. Now shouldn't Snow White's Adventures be next. If they could put in a Toy Story ride in its place would anyone care???

First of all, I love the Snow White ride and truly believe that an attraction for that movie should remain in Fantasyland. Toy Story has no place in Fantasyland. Besides, we already have the Buzz Lightyear ride in Tomorrowland. It would be kinda redundant.

Grumpy56

If they took out Snow White I would really have to cry. Not only is it a great movie but a classic in every sense of the word. The ride has been scaring little children for too long for it to be taken out. Fantasyland wouldn't be the same without looking up and seeing the Kwicked Ween, I mean Wicked Queen, peeking out from behind her curtains aboove the ride entrance.

Erika

*gasp* Snow White is the original Disney Princess (of the full-length features) and kids still adore her! I think the ride needs to stay.

Is the ride not receiving much attention lately? The last time I went was almost 2 years ago but it seemed to still be very popular, especially with the little girls.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What if they put in a Disney Princess Ride?? I just hate to see the park go stale with 30 year old rides. Walt didn't want the park to stay the same forever! Now that they have a Animal Kingdom is the Jungle Cruise necessary? Do you know how much land that attraction takes up??

Erika

The ride may be 30 years old to you and me, but to most of the kids who go on it, it's brand new.

I still like the cheesiness of the Jungle Cruise :lol: even if I do prefer the Kilimanjaro Safari. I assume you do too, judging by your avatar.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I love the Jungle Cruise! I'm an ex skipper. They could make so many cool upgrades to the attraction. It's the same as it was in 1971! They could add rapids, new scenes, an earthquake in the temple, etc.

mickeyfanatics

How about if we stop destroying old rides to make new. Revitalize Snow White with some new AA. Then, build a new ride elsewhere. There is plenty of land.

DisneyWorldGuru

First things first.

They have a Lion King attraction, but it is being replaced by Mickey's Philler (sp?) Magic.

They also have a Beauty and teh Beast attraction at MGM.

I loved Toad and when it closed I was crushed.

Snow White is great to. Disney would not yank it because it has a high attendence.

-Brent

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
When Walt took attractions out at Disneyland to put in Mansion, Pirates, and Big Thunder was he crazy???!! He wanted to the parks to change.

DisneyWorldGuru

I dont think it was Walt who put in BTMRR.

Also, he replaced rides that were NEVER popular.

Snow White is. That is why it wont be replaced anytime soon.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by JungleJim
What if they put in a Disney Princess Ride?? I just hate to see the park go stale with 30 year old rides. Walt didn't want the park to stay the same forever! Now that they have a Animal Kingdom is the Jungle Cruise necessary? Do you know how much land that attraction takes up??

To be blunt, Jungle Cruise is one of the worst piece-of-crap, waste-of-time attractions in all of WDW and needs to go. It's awful. It has the worst animatronics in the World and some of the lamest, most un-amusing CMs in any attraction. Give me torch and a wrecking ball and it would disappear in no time.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Excellent Idea!

Your point is well taken. In consideration of the huge amount of real estate taken up by the Jungle Cruise, I just don't think a few cornball jokes justify its continuation. I say rip it out and put in "Davy Crockett Terminator". Davy could kill a "bare" at the age of three. He could then grin a "bare" down and then move up to killin' "injuns". Finally, we would find ole Davy at the Alamo gettin' hiself killed by Mexican terrorists. These are just the highlights. :lol:

Snow White 27

I Love Snow White!

I love that ride! If they took it out I would be so bummin, Snow White is my favorite disney character! Plus when we go to WDW every year that is always one of the first rides!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The fact is that the ride still draws a good crowd, even in the off-season...it's a favorite for kids...which is the age group it's aimed at :)

kaos

When Walt took attractions out at Disneyland to put in Mansion, Pirates, and Big Thunder was he crazy???!! He wanted to the parks to change.

No attractions were removed to build these attractions. Both Pirates and the Haunted Mansion added to a completely new land at the bend in the river, New Orleans Square.

Actaully, for Big Thunder, the Indian Reservation and the Crystal Geyser Mine Train areas were used, but both attractions had long since been closed.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
All the attractions draw big crowds. You still need to move the park forward and continue to update. Why do they change the parades every two years? If it draws a crowd and kids like it just keep it the same for the next 30 years..........right?

kaos

All the attractions draw big crowds. You still need to move the park forward and continue to update. Why do they change the parades every two years? If it draws a crowd and kids like it just keep it the same for the next 30 years..........right?

Umm... The parades do not cycle every 2 years.. More like every 10 years. Spectromagic debuted in the early 90's, and was only interrupted by an opportunity for WDW to run the MSEP that they built for DL. The Disney Moments parade ran for 5 years. The water pagent has run since 1972.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom