Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Otterhead

Once everything else was on solid footing, they have now turned their attention to the parks.
And as I understand it, a lot of that money has been tied up until recently with Shanghai and Hong Kong, but is now being funneled more stateside to give WDW much needed love.
The tiki room is a complete bore. Every time I go people get up and leave early because they just cant sit through it (Orlando and Anaheim).
Never once have I seen someone leave early (except for the usual screaming babies that parents apologetically run out the door with). What you see as a bore, I see as a charming, fun, relaxing spot to enjoy a show and watch kids and parents sing along.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It is an opinion but do you think they would be removing an attraction if they did nto feel they had space or an attraction not being maximized?

This is being oblivious to the reality that someone's business justifications for something may not necessarily be customer serving or beneficial.

But lets not mistake opinion with fact. Opinion..Most people could care less..Fact- It is being taken out for business reasons to be replaced by something the company deems more valuable to them and to provide a better option for the guests. How about that???

That's funny, you lecture about mixing opinion with fact.. and then proceed to do exactly that.

Relax a little bit Francis. Everyone on here has opinions. Wait, could that be because its a public forum? Probably so. Whether you agree, like, disagree, dislike, matters not one little bit and if thats an issue for you, maybe you should stop taking things so seriously

This coming from the poster whose insertion into the thread was to tell others their opinion about losing the existing attraction they know isn't worthy...

Why not wait and see before deciding that anything they do is not a good idea?

If your opinion is you don't want to lose the Tiki Room.. it doesn't matter what the replacement/plan is. This is not hard thinking to follow..

If noone has any idea what they ARE doing, how can you be so sure it wont be better than what is already present? You are "assuming" they dont know what they are doing

No, we respect the history that the company has proven time and time again that changes are not always customer serving, and that many creative decisions of recent times have been subpar. And when we are talking about trading a concept from Walt himself, that essentially established the medium the company is known for... the standard is pretty high.

When you've been let down time and time again... why would you expect people to not be pessimistic about the outcome? You're going on and on about opinions, then basically trying to shut others down because they don't align with your 'they know what they are doing!!!' opinion.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
And as I understand it, a lot of that money has been tied up until recently with Shanghai and Hong Kong, but is now being funneled more stateside to give WDW much needed love.
Also true. People may not like the fact that Disney spent billions over the last few years on SDL, but they aren't running the company. The BoD approved it, so it was built.

ryguy

I can see why they would want to replace it. I will be disappointed if it closes for something like club 33 that 99% of guests will never be able to see or use.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The tiki room is a complete bore. Every time I go people get up and leave early because they just cant sit through it (Orlando and Anaheim). In my own opinion "Under new management" was far better and actually funny. Not sad at all to see it go, and now Jose doesn't need to complain about his siestas getting shorter and shorter because they will be permanent.
Thank you for saying it's your opinion.

Sigmundooze

Thank you for saying it's your opinion.
Don't get me wrong, I actually like the concept but it is very dated and dull (again my opinion). A good idea may be to use the tech in things like turtle talk with crush and monsters inc laugh floor but with the animatronics. That could be very interesting if they wanted to keep the IP going but breath life into it.

Kman101

Also true. People may not like the fact that Disney spent billions over the last few years on SDL, but they aren't running the company. The BoD approved it, so it was built.

But should they have neglected the parks in Florida for investments elsewhere? It isn't like they couldn't do both. I find it to be an excuse but what's done is done and they are investing now (whether some agree with how they're spending it or not isn't the point). It was OK to rest on their laurels for a decade as they spent money elsewhere, on multiple resorts at the same time?

I know what you're trying to say but to me not spending money in WDW because of spending elsewhere is just an excuse.

rushtest4echo

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the concept but it is very dated and dull (again my opinion). A good idea may be to use the tech in things like turtle talk with crush and monsters inc laugh floor but with the animatronics. That could be very interesting if they wanted to keep the IP going but breath life into it.

Burn the heretic.

Bocabear

The tiki room is a complete bore. Every time I go people get up and leave early because they just cant sit through it (Orlando and Anaheim). In my own opinion "Under new management" was far better and actually funny. Not sad at all to see it go, and now Jose doesn't need to complain about his siestas getting shorter and shorter because they will be permanent.
Everyone has an opinion...unfortunately your opinion would result in a loss of another attraction that would most likely never be replaced...just transformed into another retail store or crappy Meet & Greet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seriously? You had to edit out the very next sentence that addresses your point. Very sad.

I am suggesting they be replaced by something like the immensely popular BATB restaurant and major E-tickets and expanded lands. The only way to spin that as a negative is to misrepresent what was said. Like I said, sad.
To answer your question none of what you posted is happening.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My thoughts on this will likely be somewhat controversial amongst the super purists but I would be OK with the Birdies getting a revamp. I didn't mind the "Under New Management" show all that much, sure it was silly but it was IMO executed well and had the fire not happen it would likely still be in play today. That said, I can see why purists would want to keep the birdies and show untouched.

If a Moana overlay must happen (or if it's even being considered) I'd rather an overall vs a complete teardown. My dealbreaker or stipulation however would be to somehow keep the original show intact. Offer BOTH shows with clearly marked showtimes for each show. This way they can keep the original and have a Moana version.

deWild

The show has become increasingly debilitated over the years. The AA's remind me of Furbies whenever I see the show; more often than not I see their beaks move and the audio lags behind. Time for a change.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Crush and Monsters are a boring waste of space.

Just pointing out how opinions can vary.

matt9112

nope

"an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state."

Theres no concept of fair competition. Consider Trademarks, Patents, and Copyrights...

Oh I didn't mean what America has now....you know a system that rewards monopolys and oligarchs and continues to increase the barrier of entry across the board. :)

Mike S

I don't believe the Stitch tale. I believe it is making the rounds because multiple people have heard it. I believe they are killing the attraction. It follows other information I have, but am vetting a bit before putting out.

I think CBJ is relatively safe now. It pulls in good numbers and gets good guest satisfaction scores from what I'm told.
Good. CBJ is my favorite. Tiki Room is good too though and this just sucks :(

Also, I guess missing this thread is what I get for only looking through my alerts recently.
It's possible. I have raised that question with a few folks. ... Bars and upscale attraction and character based dining initiatives are very in (wait for Star Wars). Very average locations like Jock Lindsey's are doing very well by selling 'specialty' mugs and weak drinks to OCD fans.

Besides, there is another high end dining experience coming to the MK that fanbois will be dying to get in.:D;):cool:
It's Haunted Mansion isn't it. Sorry for being late.

lazyboy97o

Of course not. What he stated is that the reason for less park investment was that the other areas of TWDC needed the money more to fix the issues left by the previous regime. Once everything else was on solid footing, they have now turned their attention to the parks. Do I agree with all of their decisions? Heck no.
That is just a rationalization. There is no cleanup crew going from business unit to business unit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was pretty full last time I went....on off sesson....sooooo

As I've said upstream, at peak times, everything is full. But at off peak, certain attractions become virtual walk-ons while others still have a sizable queue. TR, CoP, PMover, HoP... they all become walk-ons. And even when the TR is nearly full... that's still a bad sign becuase that means there weren't even enough people in the queue to fill it up and no one is waiting outside when a show begins for the next show.

I'm not arguing getting rid of TR... I enjoy it. But, it's at the bottom of the popularity list (going by bodies attending), even if the attendance is upticking.

As I also mentioned above, there's a problem than MDE doesn't list TR, CoP, or some of these other lesser-attended attractions in their Wait Times tab. This keeps people from seeing that they are an easy walk-on if they're looking for something to do.

Burn the heretic.

That's way too harsh.

Shun. Shun the unbelievers. Shunnnnnnn....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom