• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

Kram Sacul

It's not an argument, it's a fact. You don't like the type of changes, I get it, I don't like them all either. But if they work, then they are doing something right. DCA seems to be busier than ever these days.

And sorry but if you seriously think replacing a cheap kiddie land that had literally carnival rides in it is somehow a better fit than a land with with rides people above the age of 10 can ride and modern attactions this kind of says it all.

ABL was also an IP shoehorned into the park in desperate attempt to cash in on the name. Which is also why these arguments are just weird. You're basically complaining Disney is getting rid of of their IPs for another one although ABL didn't fit the theme anymore than people claim Marvel does. And one people actually care about Marvel. As much as people claimed they loved ITTBAB I bet it was hardly ever more than half full. Last time I went it was 20 people in the theater. Is that 'standing the test of time' to you? What exactly is the argument then? Its the exact same thing. Its surprising ABL lasted as long as it did.

I could understand TOT and agree with people who hated to see it go for GOTG. That, we're in complete agreement with your premise. But with ABL, its not even a debate for me.
I’m not even talking about Bugs Land, you goof. lol You were talking about DL and how it had to change with the times. Good thing they replaced that old castle and mountain with something more hip and edgy.

britain

Advertisement
I’m just wondering if there will be a stick placed in about the same spot as last time.

;)

fctiger

I’m not even talking about Bugs Land, you goof. lol You were talking about DL and how it had to change with the times. Good thing they replaced that old castle and mountain with something more hip and edgy.
LOL if they did that then obviously I would agree with you! C'mon. I didn't say ANY changes. I'm talking about changes that they think will be progress for the park. SWL is that example.

And everything is subjective, right. I will give you a great example and where I argued just like you are now. When IASW decided they wanted to add Disney characters to the ride, this was 10 years ago now (wow). I was livid over the idea! I wrote post after post how it was wrong, it went against what Walt Disney was portraying, Disney was just pushing more IPs, it was sacred, etc, etc, etc. I went on multiple rants about it for about a year lol. Many people agreed with me of course, but others were telling me its not a big deal, its just a way to get kids to identify with the attraction, blah, blah, blah. They honestly sounded like sell outs to me (I never said that though...I didn't want to get banned).

And you know what, they were right! I honestly thought (at the time) there would be so much outrage about it for so long that in time Disney would change it back to normal. It never happened of course and now when I take my kids and nephews they love it! All the old foogey's like me who was yelling and screaming its the end realized it worked because you never hear about it today. Ever. Believe me it was a big deal at the time. But people adapt and people like us here only look at things through a certain prism. I just don't do that anymore and I stopped doing it after that.

Now none of that means EVERYTHING they do is legit. But I now look at these things through my family eyes who don't spend a minute on the internet discussing theme parks. We were at DL for four days a few weeks ago, they loved it as much now as they always have. Not a single complaint about Pixar Pier. We had such a good time we all now have Aps after not having them for six years (since CL opened). But we only go to the park once a year and we live 25 mins away. Theses 'controversies' only live on the internet. My mother has been going to that park since the first year it opened. She loves all the changes. But she also loved DCA when it opened, so not the best judge of character there lol. In other words, I take these things a lot more in stride now. I guess I turned into my mother.

Now that said, if they replace the Castle for Stark Tower, that will probably rile up a few more people than just the internet. ;)

Last edited:

TROR

Cancel Marvel land. Get rid of Mission Breakout. James Gunn is a scumbag and Guardians of the Galaxy is dead.

Anyways, saw Ant Man 2 the other night. Super cute and wholesome movie but I can't remember much but the post credit scenes. Taking Star Tours tech and making a ride exploring the Quantum Realm would make a lot of sense so I fully expect a Captain America simulator.

britain

Cancel Marvel land. Get rid of Mission Breakout. James Gunn is a scumbag and Guardians of the Galaxy is dead.

Anyways, saw Ant Man 2 the other night. Super cute and wholesome movie but I can't remember much but the post credit scenes. Taking Star Tours tech and making a ride exploring the Quantum Realm would make a lot of sense so I fully expect a Captain America simulator.
Remarkably wholesome, and yet managed to avoid the 'PG' kiss of death rating somehow.

Disney Irish Bruh

Well aren't you the just a little ray of sunshine on the internet today. ;):p:cool:

TP2000

Can't wait! Bring on Marvel land!!!!
Agreed, but according to the neighbor lady this is gong to take some time.

Believe it or not, it’s the Mickey’s Runaway Railway E Ticket north of Toontown that will be a thing before the full Marvel Land arrives.

That was definitely NOT the plan a couple years ago, when they were going to try and pull crowds out of Star Wars Land with a big new thing in DCA. But the sudden shift in political climate in Anaheim’s city hall ruined Plan A. So they are now on to Plan B that will add on a few years to the timeline.

That said, later in the 2020’s Marvel Land should be very cool.

britain

Believe it or not, it’s the Mickey’s Runaway Railway E Ticket north of Toontown that will be a thing before the full Marvel Land arrives.

That was definitely NOT the plan a couple years ago, when they were going to try and pull crowds out of Star Wars Land with a big new thing in DCA. But the sudden shift in political climate in Anaheim’s city hall ruined Plan A. So they are now on to Plan B that will add on a few years to the timeline.

Did she happen to say if an Antman and the Wasp shooter like the one going in Hong Kong is a part of the Anaheim plans?

Old Mouseketeer

This should be good. North of Toontown? I foresee some major musical chairs backstage. Uuugghhhhh!

mickEblu

Believe it or not, it’s the Mickey’s Runaway Railway E Ticket north of Toontown that will be a thing before the full Marvel Land arrives. .

Just goes to show it’s never over until the fat lady sings. Who would have thought that Toontown would still be around in the mid 2020’s? The Mickey Ride saved Toontown. How fitting. Which means DHS sucking saved Toontown.

So what are we looking at for the Mickey ride you think? 2023?

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

I think someone mentioned there would be a new consolidated structure for entertainment and music. ?And the parade building.

I don't know if that was @TP2000 or @GiveMeTheMusic
I believe someone postulated that there could be some kind of consolidation, but managing the logistics of building something new where there is no room before tearing something down requires moving some function permanently off-site. I can see several approaches, all of them painful for anyone who has to work there day-to-day.

mickEblu

I believe someone postulated that there could be some kind of consolidation, but managing the logistics of building something new where there is no room before tearing something down requires moving some function permanently off-site. I can see several approaches, all of them painful for anyone who has to work there day-to-day.
Bye bye rehearsal hall. Rehearse at school kids. This man needs his Mickey ride.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Just goes to show it’s never over until the fat lady sings. Who would have thought that Toontown would still be around in the mid 2020’s? The Mickey Ride saved Toontown. How fitting. Which means DHS sucking saved Toontown.
Which means the collapse of functioning studios in Orlando saved Toontown.

Which means the failure to make toons in Orlando saved Toontown in Anaheim.

Kram Sacul

So if the new Mickey ride is going to be in Toon Town is it going to use the same questionable art style or will they change it to something that would fit the current TT aesthetic? Serious questions.

TP2000

Is the Frozen E Ticket for DL still on the table?
Haven’t heard a word on that over drinks. They seem to be excited about Mickey’s Runaway Railway slotted in on the north side of the park now.

Did she happen to say if an Antman and the Wasp shooter like the one going in Hong Kong is a part of the Anaheim plans?
Nope. That movie and character never came up, it was more about how the Avengers mega-coaster was sent back to the drawing board which puts the whole Marvel Land timeline years later than it was supposed to be. A one-two punch of the Eastern Gateway put on ice, then the Avengers coaster sent back to the designers for a full rethink, equals a scramble to Plan B with nothing to take attention off of Star Wars until the early 2020’s.

I went and saw the new Antman movie just this evening with younger family, and it was surprisingly good. A fun summer family flick!

Last edited:
Top Bottom