News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

mickEblu

My Bothan spies have reported in. It appears they have put up construction fencing backstage behind the bugs theater and are digging up the asphalt. They also report seeing the AA Hopper figure back behind Guardians. Over the past weeks they have been removing anything that can be reused from the theater before major demolition.

Bring on the store and meet n greets!

mickEblu

And a C Ticket spinner in the Bugs Theater building! 2020 here we come!

Lol. Can.Hardly.Wait.

This C ticket spinner in ITTBAB really bothers me. This is obviously some temporary thing until phase 2 right? That’s a whole lot of real estate for ANOTHER spinner at DCA.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And a C Ticket spinner in the Bugs Theater building! 2020 here we come!

I'm still questioning if this is real or just you saying spinner tongue-in-cheek because its not some huge D/E ticket. Even if there were delays I just can't see them putting in another spinner like Maters or any of the 15 others at DCA. If so why close Bug Land at this point, just leave it open until Marvel plans are ready.

I rather them just build the M&G and stores than to get a spinner.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Do we know which audience Marvel Land is going to target? Kids? Teens? Adults? All? Considering MB is a thrill attraction, i'm curious as to what's going to come in place of Bug's Land.

Phroobar

Do we know which audience Marvel Land is going to target? Kids? Teens? Adults? All? Considering MB is a thrill attraction, i'm curious as to what's going to come in place of Bug's Land.
I hear they are moving the Haunted Mansion there but from an ant's perspective. It will be huge!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I hear they are moving the Haunted Mansion there but from an ant's perspective. It will be huge!

I can see it now..

giphy.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Gasp! Roger is my favorite Fantasyland style darkride attraction. The sets, the original show scenes, the vehicles, the effects...its a piece of beauty!

To each their own, right....

To me Roger isn't that fun of a ride itself. Its the queue that I enjoy. But the on-ride experience isn't appealing to me. I'm not a big get dizzy until you wanna throw up type of ride goer. But like I said to each their own.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You don't have to spin but I get your point bruh.

I've tried, the cars spin by themselves if you do nothing. As is the nature with any type of tea cup style ride, which is what Roger basically is. You have to almost break your hands trying to get it not to spin. I think I almost broke the steering column on the car I was in the last time I went on it trying to get it not to spin. It kept clicking like it was skipping gears.

NateD1226

I've tried, the cars spin by themselves if you do nothing. As is the nature with any type of tea cup style ride, which is what Roger basically is. You have to almost break your hands trying to get it not to spin. I think I almost broke the steering column on the car I was in the last time I went on it trying to get it not to spin. It kept clicking like it was skipping gears.
That is a perfect example of why I don't get on Rodger Rabbit

Professortango1

That's weird. We oftentimes steer the car so it travels normally. It's not incredibly easy, but its not wildly difficult either. Even if you don't spin, the car only casually rotates like Pooh or Alice.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That's weird. We oftentimes steer the car so it travels normally. It's not incredibly easy, but its not wildly difficult either. Even if you don't spin, the car only casually rotates like Pooh or Alice.

I've been on it a dozen times and every time car has spun on its own like you are on the tea cups. Now as the rider you are given the ability to spin it faster if you want, again just like the tea cups. But it doesn't just casually rotate, you actually have to stop it from routing. I'm mean there is a reason why it has spin in its name.

And as I said in my previous post I've felt like I've nearly broken the steering column trying to get it to not spin. And to that point, with it spinning I think you miss so much of the scenery that its almost a waste.

Maybe it depends on the car you get, maybe I've just been unlucky. Point is that I have absolutely no desire to keep the actual attraction around. Other than the queue itself, to me there is no redeeming value to the attraction. Sorry, it may work for you, but doesn't work as an attraction for me, but that is just my opinion. As others have said, not everyone has to like every attraction. And not everyone will want to keep an older attraction around.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What’s the silliness about going on Cartoon Spin and not wanting it to spin?
Some people don't like spinning but still want to experience the attraction with their families.

You miss a lot of the scenery just pointing straight ahead.

Guess that means you don't know how to turn your head. You must miss a lot of scenery on attractions like Pirates because you're just pointing straight ahead and not spinning.

BasiltheBatLord

Guess that means you don't know how to turn your head. You must miss a lot of scenery on attractions like Pirates because you're just pointing straight ahead and not spinning.
His point is that the sets in Cartoon Spin are designed to be viewed from 360 degrees, which is fairly unique. Turn your head around on Pirates and more often than not you'll just be seeing spotlights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom