Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - Classic or Not

Is SRS a classic?

• Total voters

Poseidon Quest

The ride has become a staple of the Magic Kingdom experience, but I wouldn't really consider it a classic. It's just an acceptable ride that pads out your day that also has ridiculously long waits because Disney won't address capacity issues in the park. The Disneyland version with its interactive elements like a real shooting gallery is an improvement, though still not anyone's favorite.

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The ride has become a staple of the Magic Kingdom experience, but I wouldn't really consider it a classic. It's just an acceptable ride that pads out your day that also has ridiculously long waits because Disney won't address capacity issues in the park. The Disneyland version with its interactive elements like a real shooting gallery is an improvement, though still not anyone's favorite.
my teacher is a massive disney hater, she hates the parks and it's her favorite, she said she loved loved loved it. It also... kind of is my favorite

In my opinion, yes it is a classic.

Is that opinion clouded by the fact it was my favourite attraction as a kid? Probably. But I still think it stands on its own. There are some definite issues with it, (projection tunnel, mounted blasters, maintenance problems) but the attraction itself is still one of my favourites.

AndyS2992

The Disney World version is absolute trash. The Paris one, the targets light up and make sounds when you hit them, they also cause things to happen when you shoot certain targets whereas Disney World one gives no feedback whatsoever so you don't even know if you're doing it right. The guns in Paris are not mounted like they are Disney World and everything in the Florida version seems to be broken and in a poor state. Needs a complete modern overhaul.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
It’s fun for the family. We love looking at pictures of the kids over the years there with intense looks on their little faces.

There’s alot of room for improvement. I don’t think it’s such a classic that needs to be left undisturbed. Update it.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
In DL its called Astro Blasters and Id much rather they replace it with maybe a Wall-E themed experience
I feel like Wall-E's day is done. For a while, I thought it would have staying power, but it seems like the buzz is gone. And hopefully they don't try to sequel-ize it. I think the time for a Wall-E attraction is over, just in my opinion.

thomas998

It has been neglected enough to be a classic. Frankly if they aren't willing to maintain it properly they should tear it down. I cannot remember the last time that my family was able to ride the damned thing and all of us have a car that spun properly and gun that shot properly. Some part of the ride is always broken.

celluloid

It's only still there in its current decapitated form because it is the one ride of Tomorrowland that most kids and the general public that want more or can't do Space Mt actually want to do in Tomorrowland.

Which as a Peoplemover and CoP fan it hurts, but I'm their current states I get it too.

ppete1975

I feel like Wall-E's day is done. For a while, I thought it would have staying power, but it seems like the buzz is gone. And hopefully they don't try to sequel-ize it. I think the time for a Wall-E attraction is over, just in my opinion.
just because the parks dont utilize him doesnt mean he isnt popular. His funko release and sales along with the ardent fans that exist for the movie might disagree.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
just because the parks dont utilize him doesnt mean he isnt popular. His funko release and sales along with the ardent fans that exist for the movie might disagree.
But looking long-term, I don't see an attraction based on Wall-E being built NOW. It might get cheers if it were announced at D23, but is it going to be a long-term success? That's iffy in my book. Certainly not as beloved as the character of Buzz Lightyear, even despite the awful new movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom