Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - Classic or Not

Is SRS a classic?

• Total voters

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I'm afraid they're going to replace Welker's voice with Stanton's one day. They fixed the pterodactyl so we know they still care about this ride. Stanton's voice has become deeper and more Vader like in recent years, as opposed to the Moltar type of voice he had earlier on. But if they replace Welker with Knight, then I won't be that sad.

DonniePeverley

The attraction is an utter disgrace. Shameful that in the year 2023, with ticket costs as high as they are, we are served up nonsense like this. This isn't even one for the looney 'nostalga brigade' to get excited about either.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
The attraction is an utter disgrace. Shameful that in the year 2023, with ticket costs as high as they are, we are served up nonsense like this. This isn't even one for the looney 'nostalga brigade' to get excited about either.
I'm a fan of this ride solely because it has Zurg. I don't care about his different voice either (this was during production of TS2); I just like his arch dialogue.

(Also, do my posts keep triggering the spam filter?? I've noticed alot of them have gone missing, including one about Zurg's voice in this ride.)

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Zurg was voiced by Ken Mitchroney, his original character designer, in this ride. I think that's why they haven't refurbished him with Stanton's voice.

Virtual Toad

I made my point. The nostalga brigrade will be in soon, so i wish you farewell my dear friend.
As a member of the nostalgia brigade, I would argue that Delta Dreamflight (like IYHW before it), Timekeeper, Alien Encounter, TTA, and the FedEx Space Mountain are the true classics of WDW's Tomorrowland, because as a whole they were so much more than the sum of their parts.

I saw Buzz the week it opened, and when it was brand new (and a reasonable wait pre-fastpass), it had potential, but it has simply not aged well. Give me the aforementioned attraction combo any day of the week.

ETA: And let us not forget Carousel of Progress. Because really, can it get any more classic than that?

ETA2: And Mission to Mars. And the Skyway. And America the Beautiful sponsored by Monsanto. Sigh, Toad is getting old.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

The only reason this ride is considered bad is because it breaks down EVERY TIME.

Although that's not always a bad thing. When I rode it in November it broke down for about a minute but I was within range of a high points target. I made good use of my time and kept blasting away. I ended up getting into the top category group. I'm usually ranked in one of the lower groups. :)

Last edited:

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
As a member of the nostalgia brigade, I would argue that Delta Dreamflight (like IYHW before it), Timekeeper, Alien Encounter, TTA, and the FedEx Space Mountain are the true classics of WDW's Tomorrowland, because as a whole they were so much more than the sum of their parts.
S.I.R. and Zurg were the best characters in the '90s Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom