Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - Classic or Not

Is SRS a classic?

• Total voters

Stupido

But looking long-term, I don't see an attraction based on Wall-E being built NOW. It might get cheers if it were announced at D23, but is it going to be a long-term success? That's iffy in my book. Certainly not as beloved as the character of Buzz Lightyear, even despite the awful new movie.
I dunno, Wall•E seems very loved. He’s universally considered most player’s favorite Villager in Dreamlight Valley. Check out their reddit, and you’ll see nonstop posts about him. I also noticed that I heard “Put on Your Sunday Clothes” many times while I was on Mainstreet two weekends ago, I’ve never heard it in the parks before. Plus they just updated EPCOT’s parking lot to include him and Eve. Personally I think Wall•E is a better fit for EPCOT as opposed to Tomorrowland, but I’d gladly take an attraction anywhere for it.

FettFan

They should have moved Buzz to DHS’s Toy Story Land because there’s so little to do over there.

Also at DHS, build that Woody’s Roundup animatronic show that was once rumored to replace CBJ.

ppete1975

But looking long-term, I don't see an attraction based on Wall-E being built NOW. It might get cheers if it were announced at D23, but is it going to be a long-term success? That's iffy in my book. Certainly not as beloved as the character of Buzz Lightyear, even despite the awful new movie.
i feel toy story and even cars waning in popularity compared to where they were 10 years ago.

No Name

It’s the only non-spinner ride that’s been at every Disney castle park. It’s a classic known throughout the world. Space Mountain can’t say the same!

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The land, yes. But it doesn't feel like the toy aisles are overflowing with Cars merchandise the way they were a decade ago.
20230512_171954.jpg

5thGenTexan

I guess it depends on who you are. I visited WDW when If You Had Wings was in that location. Didn't ride Delta Dreamflight in 1992 when I was there. To me its just a replacement for something I remember riding and enjoying as a kid.

So no... not a "classic"

EOD K9

There was a time in my life when I went on that ride when it was called, “If You Had Wings”. I remember the theming and the music. Good times.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
This ride is a CLASSIC. This ride is to me what Snow White was to Ben Miles, despite only having rode it once. Reason why because it matches the aesthetic a little-known Cartoon Network character, Swayzak from Toonami has. Given I love Justice League at Six Flags Great Adventure, I would MARATHON this ride now.

I like the WDW version better because of Zurg's voice. I know the DL version is Andrew Stanton, but he sounds way too stupid. Kinda like Solomon Grundy from Injustice or Moltar when he's angry (as opposed to Zurg in the movie sounding like regular Moltar.) Frank Welker sounds like the villain Zurg should be. Also, the DL version is based on the TOYS, while the WDW version is based on the CHARACTERS the toys came from. I like that better.

RIP BLoSC. Probably the most brain-pleasing thing ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom