Buying luggage.....where to look?

pixie1115

I need to buy some luggage, I am looking to get the most value for my money. I don't care what brand it is as long as the quality is ok..I mean I wouldn't want the zipper popping the first time we use it. I have been looking online at target and such...is there anywhere better to look?

swimmom

I don't know where you live, but I have bought some good luggage at a decent price at Carson Pirie Scott when they have bonus buy sales. Bergner's is the same, but I don't know if they have the same kind of sales.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We didn't want a luggage set, we just wanted rolling duffles. We got them at Kohl's on sale 60% OFF. They always have luggage on sale. Today (the 17th) they have 50-65% off all luggage

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

I would say if you have an innovation luggage store around you you might get a good deal there. But remember, no matter how much quality you think you have the airlines can still ruin your bags in one trip! We had a good deal at K-mart, nice looking, seemed durable, but they still broke off one wheel and tore one outside zipper and black stains on both. Tried for 2 weeks to get compensation and never recieved anything. At least nothing inside was ruined. So it wasn't a total loss. But you have to keep that thought in the back of your mind all the time. It's something you don't want to think about when your on vacation, but still you have to keep your eyes open. And in fact we have to do that in 25 days for the 15th time, but I think if you don't over pack your bags I don't believe you need to worry at all. Good luck.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I work at Walmart and it seems like they always have luggage on clearance, as they get new "models" in and want to get rid of the old ones.

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

I buy luggage when it goes on sale at Dillards. I recently bought a large suitcase and a large roling garment bag by Samsonite for $90 each. This was a great deal since they usually go for $400 each.

Upvote 0
We have a couple sets of luggage that are starting to show their age, so I bought the set from Disney Shopping. I got it with an online discount code for 39.95 shipping included ;-) The biggest one is a nice size too and is expandable.

Upvote 0

KelsaBels

I bought my luggage at ebags.com, and I LOVE it! There is usually a discount link at mousesavers.com and if you sign up on the site you get e-mails with links with big discounts. The luggage that I got there has held up VERY well. Good luck!

Upvote 0

CMSomeday

Go through www.mousesavers.com and link to www.ebags.com. You can get a great deal on sets of luggage from top of the line makers, and you get an added discount when going through that website. We bought a 5 piece set from them and got it for what you'd usually pay for 1 or 2 suitcases retail.

Consider getting a distinctive color so that it is easy to find on baggage claim if you fly alot.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

yazmin182

:wave: Try Disney's online store, we just bought a Mickey luggage set for around $60.00

I bought one of those too, the red ones! They look awesome, can't wait to use them on my next trip.

I also love Marshalls and TJ Maxx like someone else said, you can always find really good brands and quality for at least half the original cost. Sometimes you can't find the whole set but sometimes you do, you just have to keep looking.

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

I'm a frequent (weekly) flyer and my favorite piece of luggage is an LL Bean roll aboard I bought at Target. This workhorse has survived trip after trip with very little wear. However, I rue the day when it does finally wear out, as this particular line is no longer made. But I will be looking for another LL Bean replacement for durability.

I also have a set of luggage from Samsonite that does better than average, although I have had to have the handle fixed on one piece. I bought it at a Samsonite outlet store.

One suggestion is to wrap a luggage strap around your piece lengthwise. (You can buy these at discount stores in the luggage section.) This makes for easy identification and also provides some backup closure just in case your zipper does break.

Also, one other hint... don't forget that TSA may open your bags for search once you have checked them. Mine are probably checked about 50% of the time. AND, I have learned that they don't always re-zip outside pockets well. I have picked up my bags more than once with end pockets open. I've learned not to put anything in outside zippers that is easy (or very sad) to lose.

Upvote 0
Tuesday Morning is an excellent place to find discount luggage. They usually have swiss gear and some designer ones. But if you are not worried about fancy they have ones that are built for "ruggedness," I never buy fancy luggage because the airport men always throw the heavy suit cases on the belt and they get all banged and bruised up. I always get black luggage too. The suit case I bought at Tuesday Morning was $50 bucks and it was HUGE with a lot of space and nice wheels, I HATE crappy wheels.

Happy Bargaining.

-BAJA

PS-I also bought a 5 or 6 Piece Luggage set at Macy's during Christmas. That was a really good deal.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

Value City has the good high quality luggage at very good prices. That is where we will be getting luggage for our honeymoon in September. The only thing with them is that you may not be able to get a complete matching set.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

We bought LL Beans largest rolling duffles that they had and were able to fit everything for my wife, my 3 yr old son, and myself in them for a 12 day trip. They are very well made and I use mine on my fishing and hunting trips also. The problem was that we bought so much stuff while we were there that we couldnt fit it all in to come home and had to buy a suitcase down there. We didnt have a way to leave the property and had to go with what they had in the Pop gift shop. I bought the largest Mickey themed suitcase they had and it was like $169. We paid less then $100 a piece for the LL Bean duffles.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

wdw - we got 2 rolling duffles just for that purpose. We are taking 2 for our 5 day trip in 20 days because it will be holding 3 peoples thing, along with DS's baby food, diapers and such. We know we are getting a few things to bring home and instead of having to ship them, we will have luggage space instead. We got ours from Kohl's for about $20-25 each

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
wdw - we got 2 rolling duffles just for that purpose. We are taking 2 for our 5 day trip in 20 days because it will be holding 3 peoples thing, along with DS's baby food, diapers and such. We know we are getting a few things to bring home and instead of having to ship them, we will have luggage space instead. We got ours from Kohl's for about $20-25 each

I used to do the same when mine were babies. One suitcase was full of diapers, baby food, disposable toys (like inflatable floats or cheap beach toys)etc and would be used for souveniers, etc on the trip home.

Upvote 0

tink68

I bought some at JCPenney. They were Protocol brand. They were on sale for a great price and you got a good size carry on roller bag plus an overnight size bag. They come in lots of colors. I got me bright red and my daughter bright blue. They sure are great because if you do check them they really stand out instead of the normal dark blue and black that everyone else checks. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom