Buena Vista Street (2012)

sponono88

Original Poster
Reservations are now being accepted for the new Carthay Circle Restaurant! Call or email to make your reservations, the restaurant officially opens on June 15th.

Click on the link to see a description and photos of the menu:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...staurant-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

The 256-seat restaurant (200 inside, 56 on a terrace) on the second floor of the building is open daily for lunch and dinner. Diners at Carthay Circle Restaurant can also enjoy reserved center stage viewing at the World of Color nighttime spectacular.

To request reservations, call 714-781-DINE, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., or email reservation requests to dine@disneyland.com.

sponono88

Original Poster
A press release sent out today highlights some of the delicious menu items you will find in Buena Vista Street:

http://disneylandnews.com/2012/05/1...ing-role-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

ANAHEIM, Calif. – Food plays a starring role in new restaurants along Buena Vista Street and in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park, with six fast-casual restaurants and a new premier dining spot. “The diverse cuisine really tops off the guest experience,” says Chef Ed Wronski, director of food and beverage concept development for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.

Along Buena Vista Street

Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge

Signature dining at the Carthay Circle Restaurant upstairs (200 seats indoors, 56 seats on the terrace), with a 68-seat lounge downstairs. Hours 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
Open for lunch and dinner with a market-inspired menu created by Andrew Sutton, executive chef for Napa Rose and the Carthay Circle Restaurant, with Chef de Cuisine Gloria Tae running the kitchen.
Menu includes five varieties of sustainable fish, both wild and farmed, in dishes such as sushi-grade yellowtail, grilled with jerk spice and topped with tropical salsa, and Sierra Golden trout roasted with couscous, lemon and oil. Lunch menu includes udon noodle bowl with red Thai curry broth and Angus burger with Tillamook cheddar cheese.

Features hand-crafted cocktails, California beers from smaller breweries, wines from around the world with a strong focus on California vineyards, and lounge cocktails based on popular drinks from the 1930s including martinis and classic punches.

Spanish Colonial Revival architecture, inspired by the original Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937. Features include custom tiles, custom plaster finishes, ornate woodwork.

Each guest who orders an entrée and an appetizer, or an entrée and a dessert, will receive a ticket to a center-stage viewing area for the nighttime spectacular, “World of Color.”
Reservations are recommended: 714-781-DINE.

Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe

Quick-service and bakery with 134 seats inside, 44 outside with a view of Carthay Circle
Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing, pastries and hot breakfast sandwiches
Showcases Starbucks coffee drinks, with baristas in 1920s-inspired attire.

Signature sandwiches with kettle potato chips, including roast beef and cheddar, turkey Reuben, paneer and roasted vegetable, and salami with olive tapenade.
Two house soups daily, such as vegetarian cream spinach, chicken tortilla, lentil, Portobello barley, hearty meat stew, classic chicken noodle, vegetable minestrone with pasta, and cheesy enchilada

Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream

Hand-scooped ice cream in waffle cones, sundaes (hot fudge, mocha, mint, strawberry)
Chocolate-dipped ice cream bars (milk or dark chocolate)

Mortimer’s Market

Fruit and beverage kiosk with whole and cut fresh fruits, bottled water and juices, and soft drinks
According to Disney legend, Walt Disney created Mickey Mouse on a train trip from New York to Los Angeles in March 1928. He called his creation Mortimer Mouse, but wife Lillian objected, saying Mortimer was too formal. So Walt changed it to Mickey.

wild01ride

Noticed today that there are tarps up around the former Elephant podiums at the entrance to Hollywoodland.
Curious if they're refreshing them or re-theming them??:shrug:

sponono88

Original Poster
Noticed today that there are tarps up around the former Elephant podiums at the entrance to Hollywoodland.
Curious if they're refreshing them or re-theming them??:shrug:

Based on previous concept art, it looks like they will be rethemed. It seems like they may be sticking around for a while longer to act as a subtle barrier between BVS and Hollywood Land.

Here are some new photos from Dateline Disneyland showing the latest progress at BVS,

Signs and advertisements are being added throughout the land, here we see a painted sign above the side of a building visible from the monorail:

IMG2905-L.jpg

And another one on the opposite side of the bridge:

IMG2961-L.jpg

Painting a new sign on one of the brick building walls:

IMG2988-L.jpg

This one has been completed already:

IMG3122-L.jpg

Mortimer's Market has a sign now:

IMG2967-L.jpg

Umbrellas are now in place at the Carthay Circle's 56-seat outdoor terrace

IMG3214-L.jpg

source: http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...hotos/22946818_xn2q38#!i=1843950373&k=PHhzFXJ

sponono88

Original Poster
Special preview events are now available for purchase for Annual Passholders and D23 Members, details below (also a really cool new graphic of the park!)

buenavistast.jpg

Experience the all-new Cars Land and Buena Vista Street days before the Disney California Adventure Park grand re-opening to the public on June 15, 2012. Annual Passholders can explore the town of Radiator Springs and experience the California Walt Disney met in the 1920s!

Annual Passholders may purchase up to 8 tickets. All members of your party must be present and show a Disneyland Resort Annual Passport valid as of the date of the event for which the ticket was purchased — either June 9 or June 10, 2012. Event admission includes a 1-Day 1-Park Ticket to Disney California Adventure Park for the entire day.

To celebrate this preview, Disneyland Resort is donating a total of $500,000 to Children's Hospital Orange County and the Anaheim Community Foundation.

Tickets are available for purchase here: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/spe...ture-grand-reopening-preview-for-passholders/

nemofinder22

What a cool graphic! It's everything DCA should have been at opening in 2001.

A great way to preview DCA! 50 bucks seems like a bargain if you want to avoid the opening day madness and to say that you previewed the place.

sponono88

Original Poster
Get your Red Car Trolley souvenirs at Los Feliz Five and Dime - here's a preview of the new collection!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...llection-at-disney-california-adventure-park/
rcm201095SMALL.jpg

rcm849361SMALL.jpg

“Our goal was simple,” Lisa explained. “Provide authenticity to the trolleys and railways systems of yesteryear.”

“There is a passion and romanticism around the Red Car Line as it harkens back to a time in SoCal when we had a great public transportation system with beautifully designed trains – alternative travel at its best, kids,” Tyler jumped in, going on to explain that “It was the inspiration from the trolley engineering blueprints being used to create the Disney California Adventure park vehicles, along with color palettes, old time tickets and collateral from the 1920s and 1930s that really drove home the concept for the Red Car Trolley collection. We wanted this program to excite young train fans, appeal to adult retro character fans and really become an homage collection for vintage transportation enthusiasts.”

But it was Brian who broke it down for us even further. “For the kids we tried to give the trolley a personality, something that would encourage them to play, dream and use their imagination. Sitting beside that is a more hyper-stylized version that we knew would appeal to an older audience. But the big key for us in creating this program was to make it feel very nostalgic, complete with vintage era-appropriate graphic styles, features and characters, especially when it came to the technical trolley version, where we were able to use mechanical and rail aspects to produce the look.”

sponono88

Original Poster
New MintCrocodile photos (5/17)

More handpainted work on Buena Vista St, here we see the Buena Vista Bugle building:

i-KDKbHBd-M.jpg

i-WCwGCDL-M.jpg

Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe

i-dZxpnsz-M.jpg

Elias and Co. building (the following are still a work in progress)

i-cCh8qN4-M.jpg

And another for the Carthay Circle Theatre:

i-rHr2VjG-M.jpg

A glimpse of the new stained glass in Fiddler Fifer and Practical Cafe:

i-4pqLcNB-M.jpg

More stained glass at Clarabelle's

i-C996DKt-M.jpg

Less than a month left to go!

i-qPVq2JN-M.jpg

source: MintCrocodile

nemofinder22

Get your Red Car Trolley souvenirs at Los Feliz Five and Dime - here's a preview of the new collection!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...llection-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

What ever Red Car Trolley merchandise that is in the first picture, top left corner(with the characters) I must have it!!!

I have to say the merchandise department has been really doing a great job with the DCA merchandise. I don't think I've seen such great merch from them in years!

BVS looks better and better every week. Between the painted signs, stained glass, tile work, and lighting I don't know what I like the most!

sponono88

Original Poster
What ever Red Car Trolley merchandise that is in the first picture, top left corner(with the characters) I must have it!!!

I have to say the merchandise department has been really doing a great job with the DCA merchandise. I don't think I've seen such great merch from them in years!

BVS looks better and better every week. Between the painted signs, stained glass, tile work, and lighting I don't know what I like the most!

I'm also curious about the trolley figure with the eyes. Lots of great stuff, don't know what I want to buy first!

Here's a great new article that talks about some of the new entertainment and characters we'll see on BVS - as well as a description of the Big Top Toys interior which sounds really cute:

Minnie Mouse Plush is one of the many toys, plush, and playsets to be offered at Big Top Toys. This shop is described as "a Dream Room", with a colorful circus tent theme and murals depicting Mother Goose themes. Photo by Karl Buiter.

Entertainment plays a major role in placing park visitors into the world of the 1920s. A key element is the Red Car News Boys. These ambassadors will ride the Red Cars; hawk the news of the day, and sing the many great songs of the period. Creative Director of Entertainment for the Disneyland Resort Alan Bruun remarked how these news carriers embodied the spirit of a young Walt and would be a key element for the area theming.

In addition, Citizens of Buena Vista Street will provide what Disney calls "Catch and Release" entertainment. The citizens include Calvin the Cop; Mollie the Messenger; Fifi the Photographer and World Traveler; and Donna the Dog Lady who does not realize her dog is a hand puppet. Chip and Dale dressed as Little Rascals complete with slingshot; Goofy wearing a Zoot Suit; and Mickey will be primary characters in this 1920s world.

The travelling music act on Buena Vista Street will be Five and Dime. They are five jazz musicians from Chicago who picked up a talented singer "Dime" along the way. They'll be playing atop their moving jalopy.

Lots of great info and plenty of photos, see the full article here:

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance...05/On-Your-Mark-Get-Set-Almost-Ready/695496/1

sponono88

Original Poster

Californian Elitist

HOLY RAVIOLI!!!!! This is so amazingly beautiful!!! I can't believe this is California Adventure, the Disney park I've been visiting for the past eleven years. I never thought it would look like this.

sponono88

Original Poster
HOLY RAVIOLI!!!!! This is so amazingly beautiful!!! I can't believe this is California Adventure, the Disney park I've been visiting for the past eleven years. I never thought it would look like this.

Pretty amazing difference, isn't it?

Elsewhere in BVS: The Buena Vista Bugle sign looks complete

i-9x2h4Zz-M.jpg

Another new sign in the building behind Elias and Co.

i-PSDLZzc-M.jpg

A closer look at some of the details along the BVS buildings

i-ckxw7zC-M.jpg

i-DLQgLjK-M.jpg

i-DfVfSHz-M.jpg

The new FF&P Cafe marquee

i-sC5v3cs-M.jpg

A closer look reveals the music note details..

i-QpNRDC3-M.jpg

The BVS sign above the trolley stop

i-fztRRhM-M.jpg

source: MintCrocodile

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom