Buena Vista Street (2012)

sponono88

Original Poster
The Disney Parks Blog has some awesome new photos of the Red Car Trolleys testing

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...he-track-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Clang! Clang! Clang! … went the Red Car Trolley as it started making test runs through Hollywood Pictures Backlot (soon to be called Hollywood Land) at Disney California Adventure park recently. Take a look at these photos from Disneyland Chief Photographer Paul Hiffmeyer!

red118492SMALL.jpg

Paul also grabbed this shot from inside the trolley – check out these fun ads for some of the food and merchandise locations that will be featured on Buena Vista Street.

red223849SMALL.jpg

red338291SMALL.jpg

sponono88

Original Poster
Carthay Circle Theater's marquee is being painted, with some new lights popping up as well

6887785710bb25de0728o-L.jpg

Below the marquee

7033875325568d4a081co-L.jpg

Snazzy new lights on the exterior

6887776414a6cc0ef966o-L.jpg

70338677856b29a64814o-L.jpg

Just outside the main gate, a planter is being built with new trees and palms

IMG3098-L.jpg

This is one of the two planters that will complete the look of the main entrance gates

IMG3131-L.jpg

source: Dateline Disneyland

nemofinder22

I LOVE those light fixtures on the Carthay!

Entertainment that will be part of Buena Vista Street has now officially been announced.

They include-
Citizens of Buena Vista Street
The Red Car News Boys
Five & Dime

Missing from the list are the Friendly Sisters.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...a-street-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

When you enter Disney California Adventure park this summer, you’ll step back in time to Los Angeles of the 1920s and ‘30s on Buena Vista Street. One of the keys to creating a truly immersive environment like this is populating it with interesting and believable characters, so Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment has been hard at work developing the unique personalities and show experiences that will bring the new entrance avenue to life.

sponono88

Original Poster
I LOVE those light fixtures on the Carthay!

Entertainment that will be part of Buena Vista Street has now officially been announced.

They include-
Citizens of Buena Vista Street
The Red Car News Boys
Five & Dime

Missing from the list are the Friendly Sisters.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...a-street-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

I know they had scheduled auditions for the Friendly Sisters, but i'm not sure if they'll be included in the final entertainment lineup. It may end up being too similar to Minnie's Fly Girls? It also wasn't listed in the official CM guide so who knows.. Regardless, everything looks great!

These three shows for BVS, plus the new Mad T Party, World of Color, Aladdin, Pixar Play Parade, Minnie's Fly Girls, Paradise Garden bands, and the new entertainment at Cars Land -- quite an amazing lineup of entertainment!

Five and Dime:

fiv338912SMALL.jpg

Red Car News Boys:

new228914SMALL.jpg

Citizens of Buena Vista Street:

cit118932SMALL.jpg

source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...a-street-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

TP2000

I can't wait to hear what the repertoire will be for Five and Dime, especially with the girl singer.

The jazz age has such potential, and it's a theme Disney really hasn't explored in its parks like this before. So much fun!

Californian Elitist

Joining in! Buena Vista Street, along with everything else that's going on at DCA is going to be so incredible. I'm so glad TDA and the Imagineers took their time with this massive project. California Adventure really will be the best second Disney gate after all is complete.:sohappy:

TP2000

From today's always-excellent Dateline Disneyland, a few updates from Buena Vista Street.

Here's the Carthay Circle Theater looking at it from the side, as seen when exiting Hollywood Land. Rumor is those elephants are coming down this week, and will be replaced with studio gates.

IMG0106-L.jpg

As glimpsed from a speeding train of the Disneyland Monorail fleet, the entrance plaza of Buena Vista Street is coming along. The Red Car Trolley stop is getting its rockwork installed, and the buildings behind it will be the entry restrooms and lockers.

IMG0260-L.jpg

The opposite side of that new DCA entry plaza, showing Oswald's Filling Station and the Visitors Center under construction. This will be home to the Guest Relations/First Aid/Lost Kids complex, as well as an entry into the Los Feliz Five & Dime store.

IMG0267-L.jpg

All compliments of Dateline Disneyland.http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-...ls-matterhorn-progress-lego-dragons-more.html

Disneyfanman

From today's always-excellent Dateline Disneyland, a few updates from Buena Vista Street.

Here's the Carthay Circle Theater looking at it from the side, as seen when exiting Hollywood Land. Rumor is those elephants are coming down this week, and will be replaced with studio gates.

IMG0106-L.jpg

As glimpsed from a speeding train of the Disneyland Monorail fleet, the entrance plaza of Buena Vista Street is coming along. The Red Car Trolley stop is getting its rockwork installed, and the buildings behind it will be the entry restrooms and lockers.

IMG0260-L.jpg

The opposite side of that new DCA entry plaza, showing Oswald's Filling Station and the Visitors Center under construction. This will be home to the Guest Relations/First Aid/Lost Kids complex, as well as an entry into the Los Feliz Five & Dime store.

IMG0267-L.jpg

All compliments of Dateline Disneyland.http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-...ls-matterhorn-progress-lego-dragons-more.html
I visited over the weekend (last visit a couple of years ago) and the scale of the remodel is astounding. The whole feel of the park is different, and it really starts as you are approaching the entrance with the Carthay looming up in the background behind the entrance. The young adults in our party announced that DCA is now their favorite Disney experience. We stayed open to close (last time we scheduled a full day but left after 6 hours). World of Color was packed. It felt like the close of the day at Epcot with all of the stuff going on. An amazing day.

sponono88

Original Poster

Here's a photo taken today by @TheDLGazette -- the elephants are gone!

http://t.co/rQm3nEti

sponono88

Original Poster
An update from Al Lutz today:

EDITOR’S NOTE 4/11: The Intolerance elephants and the Taste Pilots Grill plane were removed yesterday. The elephants were long planned for removal, but the plane rehab was a late request from John Lasseter who gave Bob Iger a list of things to approve during Iger's latest Anaheim visit last month. Not wanting to let Lasseter have all the glory, Iger demanded that the big oak tree in front of the Practical Cafe be moved over 15 feet, at considerable expense. Lasseter returns this Friday to check on his list of fixes for DCA, and the revolving Condor Flats marquee is now in his gunsights to be rethemed. After spending 1.2 Billion to fix DCA, these last 60 days of construction will be a whirlwind of extra free money from the Burbank brass. Anaheim hasn't had it this good since Walt was here! - Al Lutz

TP2000

An update from Al Lutz today:
EDITOR’S NOTE 4/11: The Intolerance elephants and the Taste Pilots Grill plane were removed yesterday. The elephants were long planned for removal, but the plane rehab was a late request from John Lasseter who gave Bob Iger a list of things to approve during Iger's latest Anaheim visit last month. Not wanting to let Lasseter have all the glory, Iger demanded that the big oak tree in front of the Practical Cafe be moved over 15 feet, at considerable expense. Lasseter returns this Friday to check on his list of fixes for DCA, and the revolving Condor Flats marquee is now in his gunsights to be rethemed. After spending 1.2 Billion to fix DCA, these last 60 days of construction will be a whirlwind of extra free money from the Burbank brass. Anaheim hasn't had it this good since Walt was here! - Al Lutz

My, my, my. Wonders never cease at DCA this year!

nemofinder22

Wait Iger and Lasseter in the parks?!?! this must mean DCA is getting anther E-ticket soon ;) :cool:

I hope the Condor Flats sign retheme is true the current one(font wise) is quite DCA 1.0.

Texas84

Kind of bummed about Condor Flats. We have two USAF families going to DCA for the first time ever. Will Taste Pilots Grill still be there?

sponono88

Original Poster
Kind of bummed about Condor Flats. We have two USAF families going to DCA for the first time ever. Will Taste Pilots Grill still be there?

don't worry, Condor Flats isn't going anywhere anytime soon :) The restaurant hasn't closed, they are only updating the facade and perhaps changing the land entrance marquee.

Cosmic Commando

I think Taste Pilots is safe. There are two issues at play here: making sure that Condor Flats does not intrude on Buena Vista St and transitioning Condor Flats from a more contemporary aviation theme to a WWII-era or close to it airfield. The spinning Condor Flats sign was contemporary and would've stuck out on Buena Vista St. I don't remember the Taste Pilots plane, but I would guess it will be back with a vintage, maybe even military paint job. If anything, I'd bet your USAF friends will like Condor Flats even more than they would if they saw it now.

And MAN, my eyes just about bugged out when I read that note from Al Lutz! Oh, to have that anywhere at WDW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom