Bring your dog to Magic Kingdom day?

Minnie1976

Is this a joke? If not why would anyone want to take a dog to an amusement park if they didn't have to. Also is there a place designated for these dogs to do their business in each park. When we were there recently, we saw a real big service dog.

AEfx

And to some, a dog is a pain in the ___.

The "dog people" are funny. Like, the people who are invited to your house and just assume you want some big smelly dog coming with them and walking around your house. I don't think so, LOL. Those people don't get an invite to my house after that. Especially because I am allergic to dogs - cats are fine (as long as there aren't more than 1 or 2) but dogs being around and I'm a mess all day.

It's not just that, though. It reminds me of people who think we should have to put up with their kids behavior as well. Obviously at WDW kids are expected, but just in general - if you are at a nice restaurant and someone lets their 2-year old scream for an hour and expects you to put up with it, they are wrong. Kids make noise - but a screaming kid for an hour is a screaming kid, and they are screaming for a reason. That's why after a minute or so, the parent removes the child from the restaurant. It may ruin their dinner, but it's their kid - so it's better to have one person's dinner interrupted than to ruin the meal of 100 people around you.

Thing is, people don't see it that way. THEY paid to be there, so WE should have to put up with it. Certain dog people act similarly.

(Preparing for someone to yell at me for comparing dogs to kids, but the truth is the people that exhibit bad dog behavior consider them as such.)

I'm just fine with my kitty who is lovable and sweet and then goes away for half the day to sleep. I think that's my real personal reason I don't care to be around dogs - so dang needy, LOL. Like toddlers who never grow up. ;)

acishere

The "dog people" are funny. Like, the people who are invited to your house and just assume you want some big smelly dog coming with them and walking around your house. I don't think so, LOL. Those people don't get an invite to my house after that. Especially because I am allergic to dogs - cats are fine (as long as there aren't more than 1 or 2) but dogs being around and I'm a mess all day.

It's not just that, though. It reminds me of people who think we should have to put up with their kids behavior as well. Obviously at WDW kids are expected, but just in general - if you are at a nice restaurant and someone lets their 2-year old scream for an hour and expects you to put up with it, they are wrong. Kids make noise - but a screaming kid for an hour is a screaming kid, and they are screaming for a reason. That's why after a minute or so, the parent removes the child from the restaurant. It may ruin their dinner, but it's their kid - so it's better to have one person's dinner interrupted than to ruin the meal of 100 people around you.

Thing is, people don't see it that way. THEY paid to be there, so WE should have to put up with it. Certain dog people act similarly.

(Preparing for someone to yell at me for comparing dogs to kids, but the truth is the people that exhibit bad dog behavior consider them as such.)

I'm just fine with my kitty who is lovable and sweet and then goes away for half the day to sleep. I think that's my real personal reason I don't care to be around dogs - so dang needy, LOL. Like toddlers who never grow up. ;)

Good thing we aren't related. Every holiday involving a family get together everyone brings their dog. Thanksgiving there were like 8 dogs roaming around my cousin's little house.

AEfx

Good thing we aren't related. Every holiday involving a family get together everyone brings their dog. Thanksgiving there were like 8 dogs roaming around my cousin's little house.

In that case, people know before hand I would assume (and you all like dogs).

The people that kind of offend me are those that you invite over for dinner, and they suddenly bring their dog with them without any notice.

It's just kinda rude, IMO - I have allergies, and my home isn't terribly 'dog friendly'. I probably would say yes if they asked, just to be polite and a good host, but at least then I could take some sudafed and get the most dog-unfriendly stuff in another room.

Aloha

As cute as it may seem, bringing a dog to WDW is not a good idea. First they could get overheated and to be honest what can they do at a theme park? It's not like they can just hop on splash mountain!

DABIGCHEEZ

Some people just don't get it. A dog is........... A DOG, not a person. They were not meant to have bows in their hair and claws polished, be pushed around in strollers, or be allowed in stores or restaurants. Not that we plan to go back to WDW for a few years... but this might make me not return at all, if WDW ever allowed this.

We are dog owners and we love our "Lucy" not as a family member, but as a family PET! She does not come with us on family vacations and you know what... she doesn't even care, because she is a DOG!!!

Mickey_777

Original Poster
My initial post suggested a day where you could take your dog on a walk thru Magic Kingdom early in the morning PRIOR to the park opening. Similar to what they do for marathons. Since nobody reads, people started posting about how dog owners are morons for wanting to take thier dogs to WDW during normal park hours. Nobody said that.

ddbowdoin

pre park hours... that is fine, but then what is the point?

during park hours, all I can think of is some little Pomeranian yapping all day

Disneybird

My initial post suggested a day where you could take your dog on a walk thru Magic Kingdom early in the morning PRIOR to the park opening. Similar to what they do for marathons. Since nobody reads, people started posting about how dog owners are morons for wanting to take thier dogs to WDW during normal park hours. Nobody said that. People just started dishing it out like the topic was Obama or something.

Since you edited out your initial post, it's hard to see what it said originally. I think the responses of most people on here including myself, were in jest and not to be taken seriously and I didn't notice anyone stating that dog owners are morons. I have owned dogs myself but I'm certainly not going to take them on vacation with me. I have also seen people with dogs in their lap while driving (one woman had 4). How safe is that? The government wants to tell me I can't have a phone on speaker in my car because it's distracting, but I can drive with 4 dogs in my lap and it's okay. :veryconfu

The Mom

Premium Member
pre park hours... that is fine, but then what is the point?

You get to walk through the park with your dog? :shrug:The Marathoners don't go on/into any attractions until later, yet seem to enjoy the experience of running through the parks. The same might be true for dog owners, especially those who enjoy taking long walks. My neighbor has been known to take a 6 - 8 mile walk with his dog, but 4 miles early, and 2 -3 in the evening, is his normal routine.

Mickey_777

Original Poster
Since you edited out your initial post, it's hard to see what it said originally. I think the responses of most people on here including myself, were in jest and not to be taken seriously and I didn't notice anyone stating that dog owners are morons. I have owned dogs myself but I'm certainly not going to take them on vacation with me. I have also seen people with dogs in their lap while driving (one woman had 4). How safe is that? The government wants to tell me I can't have a phone on speaker in my car because it's distracting, but I can drive with 4 dogs in my lap and it's okay. :veryconfu

4 dogs in ones lap would be very unsafe...honestly I removed my initial post cause I thought the thread would be closed quickly with all the animosity I was starting to see.

PhilharMagician

My initial post suggested a day where you could take your dog on a walk thru Magic Kingdom early in the morning PRIOR to the park opening. Similar to what they do for marathons. Since nobody reads, people started posting about how dog owners are morons for wanting to take thier dogs to WDW during normal park hours. Nobody said that.

I cannot walk thru MK before it opens now, so why should someone that has a dog be allowed to do it? :hammer:

Heck it almost looks like the dog days are already here with the increadible increase in service animals in WDW over the past few years.

Ilovewishes

I am very much a dog person and my dog is my fur-baby but I would never take her to WDW with me. Sure, if the opporunity arose, I would love pictures of her in front of the castle but Disney is my holiday. The only time I don't have to walk her or hurry back to her cos she has been left too long and might have an accident etc.

Plus, during park hours, she would be too scared to do anything except cower in a corner. Too many people and too many noises and that's before you introduce the giant mouse and fireworks!

That being said, we met a gent with a service dog at MK when we were there in October and it was the gentlest, most well behaved animal I have ever met. He said he brought it there often and it always knew where the ice cream parlour was and wouldn't go past until it had a cone!

I can't see that well behaved service animals would pose a problem as long as their owners were responsible.

Unfortunately, a few dog owners give the majority a bad name (but that's a rant for another time!):lookaroun

rsoxguy

No need to worry. It will still be legal for your dog to talk on the phone in the car, as long as it's not the one driving.

lighteningqueen

If they do I won't go anymore. This is for people and some people don't act like people as it is. I sell at a venue once a month that is covered and people can bring their dogs. Just because they could when it opened 102 years ago. It makes me sick people bring them so you can look at them.. WHO cares. They start fights with each other the owners pull them down isles pooping because the do not turn around and see they need to go. People step in it, they ______ on things, anything..Besides I guess you also think they can come into the restaurants and CS places cos they cannot be alone. NO WAY Please Disney do not even do this EVER!!!! Our dog stays home where he is happy and can go potty anytime he wants and no other dog trys to bite him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom