Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

PalisadesPkteer

Hey Lee.

Is this Brazil possibility farther along than the one for Spain? About the same or was Spain really not all that possible.

Sounds like concept art etc for Brazil but wondering how far the possibility for Spain got.

Also wonder if the possibility of Peru being added a while back got very far.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Hey Lee.

Is this Brazil possibility farther along than the one for Spain? About the same or was Spain really not all that possible.

Sounds like concept art etc for Brazil but wondering how far the possibility for Spain got.

Well Spain got far enough to have a sign outside saying "Spain Coming Soon!"...that's pretty far IMO

NoChesterHester

Outstanding landmark. There's also the spectacular Iguazu Falls, which many people know from the end of Crystal Skull.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Falls

Kinda hard to recreate either of these, but hey.

Great stuff. Gorgeous.

The Canada pavillion has the small scale "Rockies.". Amazing what they can do with some forced perspective. I bet they could pull it off.

This Brazil pavilion could be very different than any other currently in World Showcase. Rather than based around recreations of great man made architecture we could see a very naturalistic pavilion design.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Just a quick map of the existing "world" showcase

worldshowcase.gif

I think if they added Russia, Australia and Brazil, it would be a lot more complete

aladdin2007

worldshowcase.gif

I think if they added Russia, Australia and Brazil, it would be a lot more complete

I totally agree that would be great, fun map there too! Sounds like we need to relax awhile about Brazil though, its sounding like its way too early for this to be official, just like all the others in the past. :(

marihalfen

This is what I see for this pavillion:

- Very green, forest like scenary. The architecture would be based on the work of Oscar Nyemayer. Something like this:
oscar_niemeyer1.jpg

- A huge sugar-loaf on the back (it could house a store or restaurant, like the Mexico pyramid)
pao-de-acucar-300x200.jpg

- A permanent show plaza, where acts of different Brazilian dances (like frevo and forró) would play, and maybe some soccer tricks. They could actually teach these tricks to people. It would be really cool!

- The Copacabana beach sidewalk pattern on the floor
153800934_7d49011fc4.jpg

- A great sit down restaurant like Fogo de Chão, which was already mentioned, with a samba/carnaval show
churrasco1.jpg
more-samba-ladies.jpg

- Some bio-diversity exposition, displaying the unique animals and plants of the many regions of Brazil

- Meet and greet with Zé Carioca

I'm sorry if I posted too many pictures. I just wanted to make some good publicity for Brazil. Trying to win you guys votes! :sohappy:

Seriously, I'm so happy about this! I hope it comes true!

Sir_Cliff

Oh good! A pavilion where Americans can go in and be as loud, rude and disruptive as they want!
:lookaroun
Oh the irony!

Always love to see all the happy people who apparently love the idea of Epcot and World Showcase go to town with the negative stereotypes and calls for more European countries to be added whenever such a rumour pops up.

imagineer boy

worldshowcase.gif

I personally think Australia would be better off as a new land at AK.

I think Spain and Russia would make good additions though.

sublimesting

What about the statue of Jesus Christ the Redeemer that stands over Rio de Janiero overlooking Sugarloaf Mountain and the rest of EPCOT Center.

BobMoriarity

WDW lately has become 'Little Brazil' as it hosts thousands of annoying, ill-behaved, loud, and lack of English-speaking tour groups.

I wish they had BRAZILLIAN TOUR GROUP THREAT WARNINGS posted before we booked our trips. There is no other group of international tourists that are nearly as annoying at the world. Seriously, during my last trip I had two problems with Brazillian tour groups. One was during a three hour wait for FANTASMIC. I tried speaking to the tour group leader but she claimed she did not understand english.

They are horrible in the parks and effect my enjoyment.

That said, if Brazil was added to EPCOT I would hope any attraction would include "Aquarela do Brasil".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBq4VEBFq4

Mansion Butler

I'm sorry if I posted too many pictures. I just wanted to make some good publicity for Brazil. Trying to win you guys votes! :sohappy:

Seriously, I'm so happy about this! I hope it comes true!
I don't mind, but Brazil has had my vote for a long time. It's a very obvious choice at or near the top of the list of what's not already there.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom