Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

aladdin2007

A combiation of the first two. I consider it the proposal phase.
There have been discussions and there is art, but they are a ways away from a real plan and budget.

Good to know, so were sorta kinda in the same phase Spain was a few years ago, though Brazil is sounding a tad stronger/hopeful perhaps.

raven

I thought it was funny how that vinylmation thread didn't make more of a splash at the time...

Raven: feel free to be even less quiet if you like. :)

With all the negative posts about Brazilians on this board I didn't dare post anything back then. I've actually known they've been looking into adding the country for over a year now but never said anything simply because it was all still "concepts" which can be simply thrown around for ideas. I didn't want to stir the pot if it wasn't going to make it past that. But plenty of concepts are drawn up every day. Some really cool ones right now that I'd love to tell people...but I can't. :animwink:

misterID

Would there be a ride with it?

Actually even though its hard to believe at times by the way some of the current pavilions are, each plot is the same size. 3 acres each. Norway looks like one of the biggest because of its castle like fortress and of course they used up their entire plot from the getgo basically, while others still have expansion room. Im picturing Brazil on the first of the two plots next to Germany right along the canal between that and China,,,,,or over between France and Morocco, its time for that area to fill in a bit.

Really? Wow, never knew that. Some of them look tiny. That space between Morocco and France would be a good spot, too.

redshoesrock

Likely would be.

My best guess: an Amazon rain-forest boat ride, like a souped-up more thrilling Jungle Cruise. I'd almost guess a river-raft ride, but with DAK already having Kali River Rapids I don't know if that would fly with current management. Plus you'd have to wonder how you shoehorn in a ride like that with the inevitable Brazilian steakhouse, X number of shops, and all the "Brazil ornamentation", whatever icons they end up choosing.

JWG

Ha ha, thats good. Have you been to Fogo? Ohana is about the same as fogo as red lobster is to ruth chris. Yes both places are all you can eat, but Fogo offers 15 different cuts of meats, ohana has 3.

I have been to both. And I'd expect nothing less from Disney even at Epcot. I feel it's as good a similarity as Le Cellier is to a real steak house. Our last trip I thought most of our dining experiences were meh at best.

'Ohana is as good a comparison to Fogo as most TS locations are to their public counterpart at this point.

Mansion Butler

My best guess: an Amazon rain-forest boat ride, like a souped-up more thrilling Jungle Cruise. I'd almost guess a river-raft ride, but with DAK already having Kali River Rapids I don't know if that would fly with current management. Plus you'd have to wonder how you shoehorn in a ride like that with the inevitable Brazilian steakhouse, X number of shops, and all the "Brazil ornamentation", whatever icons they end up choosing.
I know they already have Kali, but if they did something like Grizzly River Run, but through a rainforest (and an abandoned temple maybe?), I would do it every damn day in Epcot. Having two raft rides wouldn't bother me in the least.

I know my hopes are unimportant and irrelevant, though.

Guess again....
(Don't, actually...just a figure of speech.:D)
A ferris wheel!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I think that it is going to come down to how much sport Brazil is willing to provide to Disney. By support I mean money to pay for construction and operations once opened.

ariel90

I think Brazil is a cool place I wonder how it will look as a pavilion. I think that some countries should have come before it though.

bstiles

If it is a roller coaster it would most likely be indoors because disney would not want to mess with the sight lines in world showcase. Just my thought.

aladdin2007

If it is a roller coaster it would most likely be indoors because disney would not want to mess with the sight lines in world showcase. Just my thought.

True, unless maybe its towards the back of the plot and in a thick jungle like atmosphere, or in a mountain of some kind? I really need to read up on Brazil's features and scapes.

gamblepsu

To be fair, what would you have represent America at the pavilion? A McDonald's or 50's Prime Time Cafe? I wonder if a themed table service option in America would go over considering you can get that everywhere else outside of World Showcase. Other than DDP and free dining making every restaurant a must-do of course.
If you've ever been to 'Founding Farmers' in DC or something similiar they have elsewhere, i truly believe it could work. It's 'American' cooking (with a nod to Soul/Comfort food) all done with Sustainable ingredients. I guess it's similar to the restaurant in the Land Pavillion now that I think of it, but it's more upscale.

Mammymouse

I know it takes years for a project to go from concept to "build" - but - with all the Fantasyland expansion going on now is it reasonable that TDO would give the full speed ahead on another large project? I guess it would depend on what support Brazil is willing to offer, and there, I've answered my own question. Just thinking outloud, sorry!

aladdin2007

I know it takes years for a project to go from concept to "build" - but - with all the Fantasyland expansion going on now is it reasonable that TDO would give the full speed ahead on another large project? I guess it would depend on what support Brazil is willing to offer, and there, I've answered my own question. Just thinking outloud, sorry!

True all comes down to money support I guess, Im wondering how much sayso TDO would have? Wouldnt this be out of Glendale to say yay or nay?

Also since we were talking about rides a few posts back, what if instead they go with just carnival games/rides? :cry: im thinking chesterhesters here and thats not what I want to be thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom