Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

Only Morocco has government sponsorship.

It is highly, highly unlikely the government of Brazil would be paying a single cent towards a Brazil pavilion.

The idea that all the Brazilian tourists who chant will be spending all their time in the Brazil pavilion chanting is absurd. Do you see people of other countries hanging out in their national pavilion doing stereotypical things?
I was in Prague and in the center city square, there they were...a whole group of Brazilians walking in circles chanting with Brazil flags... Same trip I was in Portugal and there they were at the airport, walking in circles chanting...
I DO honestly believe there will frequently be groups of Brazilian tourists walking in circles, waving Brazil flags and chanting... I think it is just their cultural thing...

Creathir

Any idea of the resort level? I'm hoping for moderate...but with the CBR/CSR renovations, I'm doubtful.
Any chance of CBR becoming a Deluxe? New transportation, new dining (which could be signature), location....
The insiders have been indicating resort levels are for the most part being removed.

Disney is apparently in the process of regrouping by geographic region (Epcot resorts, DHS resorts, MK resorts, etc) and flattening out the overall resort differentiators.

AndrewsJ

Any idea of the resort level? I'm hoping for moderate...but with the CBR/CSR renovations, I'm doubtful.
Any chance of CBR becoming a Deluxe? New transportation, new dining (which could be signature), location....
It will be Ultra Deluxe and difficult to book. Especially during festivals and Holidays. Not fact just my thoughts. I would like to see one resort with all levels of accommodations. Value through deluxe.

MCast

The insiders have been indicating resort levels are for the most part being removed.

Disney is apparently in the process of regrouping by geographic region (Epcot resorts, DHS resorts, MK resorts, etc) and flattening out the overall resort differentiators.

Interesting. Would one assume that being geographically closer to one park would cost more than another? (Ex: MK resorts being more expensive then Epcot ones)

AndrewsJ

I think the best option would actually be to use the same basic concept/ride system (especially the "dueling" tracks) and make a Mt. Fuji coaster for Japan. Having that in the backdrop of the Japan pavilion would be impressive especially from across the lagoon. Instead of the Abominable Snowman, they could use a "monster" like Godzilla or some other Kaiju (or just avoid that concept entirely and use some cultural based show scenes).

A Matterhorn type ride would be a great compliment to what exists in Epcot and would have wide appeal -- those wanting more thrilling rides in the park, Disney nostalgia buffs, people who feel the WS pavilions are boring, etc. I think cloning a popular ride like that to another park is the most likely way we'd see a non-IP ride added to Epcot.
I love this idea!

Creathir

Interesting. Would one assume that being geographically closer to one park would cost more than another? (Ex: MK resorts being more expensive then Epcot ones)
That's MY theory, but we have not heard that.

Obviously there are major differences from All Stars and the GF... and pricing I would assume will continue to be representative of that, but my takeaway has been that "moderate" resorts are for the most part going away...

Biff215

They may blur the lines between resort levels, but room size and resort design can't be changed easily. Disney is crazy if they think guests will pay anything close for a moderate what a deluxe costs. I'd guess that what is now CBR will remain as a moderate and the DVC addition will be considered a separate dexuxe villa resort. Just no way they're going to lower prices IMO.

Since there's no way they're stopping, I'd prefer DVC go back to standalone resorts, just not sure how I feel about them being close to or in the parks. If it could work anywhere WS might be it though.

Getting a new country would be a win no matter which they choose or what attraction/show it may have. It's about time!

KrazyKat

Would be great if the new resorts were connected to EPCOT so you could walk right into the park like DGC. Another perk of staying there and avoiding the crowds at the main entrance. ;)

Creathir

Careful what you wish for.
Coming soon:
Spaceship Earth returns as "Deathstar 3.0" where you can stay in your own room right in the heart of Epcot.

Garbage Conpressor suites and Landing Bay studios are available starting October 2021!

A Emperor Quarters DVC penthouse suite is also available for only 1200 points per night!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Mouse3268

I could have missed it, but has there been any discussion in here as to what the attraction here would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom