Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaminpower10

Have had a few ideas for logical (to me) new pavillions to WS. Sorry if these have been called out in other posts to some extent, but thought it would be fun to share some ideas here.

Greece - with a dark ride around Greek Mythology narrated by Philoctetes (Danny Devito). Greek food is very popular, and outside of that country being literally broke, it makes a lot of sense to tie in an IP without it being too IP heavy or going away from the culture.

Brazil - unique attraction tied in with an S.E.A. that is to some exploration in the Amazon that ties into all the other S.E.A. concepts

India - Building off of the "Disney India" films that have been released recently (I believe around 10 of them) and Indian food is all but absent from the park

Africa - With Africa not being represented at all in EPCOT, Egypt or one of the more "famous" countries makes sense to ease it in, however with no IP tie-ins or real connections with the country it becomes are to pinpoint any one country. Ideally, they would create a new film based on African Mythology, like they did with Moana and Polynesian mythology, which could be a direct tie to a future movie release.

Tahiti - With the success of Moana, it would be a really easy country to add. While yes, Motunui is not Tahiti, it would be a fairly easy tie in to this new country. Could include a stage for a group to do the Haka as well as cuisine from around Polynesia

Last edited:

Otterhead

Last edited:

James Norrie

India - Building off of the "Disney India" films that have been released recently (I believe around 10 of them) and Indian food is all but absent from the parks

Africa - With Africa not being represented at all

India: Thank god there are no Indian eateries on property, not enough facilities...
Africa: But we have the Outpost...:facepalm:

jaminpower10

And yes, I know India and Africa are represented well in Animal Kingdom, and that might preclude them from being in the World Showcase, but I feel like it could work to have them in EPCOT as well.

Sir_Cliff

I just find Brazil an odd choice on the heels of the Olympiad. But I can't say it isn't happening, because I don't know that for a fact.
I really don't get what the Olympics have to do with the likelihood of a WS pavilion. It wasn't a complete disaster that has seen Brazil expelled from the community of nations. Based on all the other pavilions, the Brazilian government also probably wouldn't be the main sponsor of any new pavilion and may not be a sponsor at all. Whatever Brazil's current economic problems, there are still plenty of rich Brazilian companies and individuals to put money into various elements of the pavilion and who might be keen to promote the country's image in the United States. Not to mention people who would see dollar signs attached to selling steaks and caipirinhas to the tourists.

WDW1974

Wasn't trying to attack you here at all. Just pointing out that different people hear different things. That's why this is a rumors board. Sorry for mixing up the year. I try so hard to avoid moving into the post-truth society everyone else seems to be living in.

And all is cool. I sometimes fly off the handle too quickly because I am constantly under the gun here because I want to see WDW destroyed, ya know. That should be obvious by my vitriol for paying $32 for two cheeseburger meals at the Liberty Inn AFTER a 20% AP discount that weren't as good as fresh Wendy's, let alone Fuddrucker's so ... what were we talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

WDW1974

Your confusion might be coming from this...

If SWL in Anaheim is in 2019, then "years before", would mean that Florida's SWL would be at least 2021.

It was subsequently debated that Spirit's 'years later' was not literal and just based on his personal appraisal of Disney's track record in getting things done and not reliant on any insider information, if I'm characterizing this correctly.

Pretty much. But when uttered, I was still going on the desire by Disney to open the SWE in Anaheim by Christmas 2018, so if you take years out to mean two (maybe I meant seven, right?) then my 2020 date would still apply.

And as of right now, FL hasn't caught up to CA ... whether it will or not remains to be seen.

WDW1974

I really don't get what the Olympics have to do with the likelihood of a WS pavilion. It wasn't a complete disaster that has seen Brazil expelled from the community of nations. Based on all the other pavilions, the Brazilian government also probably wouldn't be the main sponsor of any new pavilion and may not be a sponsor at all. Whatever Brazil's current economic problems, there are still plenty of rich Brazilian companies and individuals to put money into various elements of the pavilion and who might be keen to promote the country's image in the United States. Not to mention people who would see dollar signs attached to selling steaks and caipirinhas to the tourists.

The Olympics were a costly fiasco. The city never should have been awarded them. But because of the optics, it would look awful if Brazil's government threw any money Disney's way. As to companies from the nation, even they may take heat for doing so. But that at least is possible. I'd love to see it happen. But I won't believe it until then.

disneyC97

I'm excited to see what that project entails...a well designed revamp would go a long way to improving EPCOT.

ABQ

That would not surprise me in the slightest.

As it stands, the popular source of corporate caffeine could end up relocating slightly in Futureworld, depending on which final plan of the central spine project they go with.
3-29-2017 7-11-06 AM.jpg
3-29-2017 7-11-06 AM.jpg

Ah, finally a permanent use for Odyssey. :banghead: Why they won't just put it back in service as a restaurant is mind boggling.

RoysCabin

Why aim so low? A C or D level attraction? You know if they at least aim for an E they will value engineer it down to a C or D...If you aim for a C or D attraction they will end up just building a gift shop...lol
Sad but seems to be true... EPCOT would be amazingly relevant and not have to depend on the festivals for attendance if they had just built the attractions they originally planned... TDO's own lack of action refurbishing, refreshing and updating attractions led to the state the park is currently in...

Eh, not about aiming low, more about maintaining the overall vibe of World Showcase while also expanding its attraction offerings. I get the concerns about Disney "value engineering" on things, but I appreciate WS's laid back atmosphere and rides that are more in line with El Rio or Maelstrom contribute to that feeling, especially paired with good films and other experiences.

I can certainly see the argument for getting a headliner closer to the bottom half of the Lagoon, but it's about the general vibe I appreciate in WS.

Bocabear

Eh, not about aiming low, more about maintaining the overall vibe of World Showcase while also expanding its attraction offerings. I get the concerns about Disney "value engineering" on things, but I appreciate WS's laid back atmosphere and rides that are more in line with El Rio or Maelstrom contribute to that feeling, especially paired with good films and other experiences.

I can certainly see the argument for getting a headliner closer to the bottom half of the Lagoon, but it's about the general vibe I appreciate in WS.
I also do very much appreciate the vibe of World Showcase... Not saying we need thrill rides in World Showcase, but some attractions more like El Rio, (but better done), More things to do other than shop and eat... Just don't want their first expansion in 20 years to be a carousel or spinner ride, or another live show...they really need to build some decent attractions and additions here...

wdwgreek

Whether or not Brazil is the new pavilion, the WS is going to need another D or E on that side of the pavilion (assuming it's somewhere between France and where EA was going to be built) to balance out the crowds.
Mexico- C
Norway- C (with stupidly long lines)
America- D/E (?)
France- E(? or is this a D?)
UK- B (if it's a ride, no confirmation there other than it won't be a carousel or ferris wheel).

As long as it's the newest thing in the park, Frozen is going to have the longest lines in the WS. Rat should definitely help break the crowds up by Mexico, Norway and China, but it will create a crowd problem on the International Gateway side of the park. A people eating attraction is going to be needed in the new pavilion.
For what its worth Frozen is a D ticket by the tech alone, and America is certainly a grandiose E ticket with some of the most amazing AA's in WDW.

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

Africa - With Africa not being represented at all in EPCOT, Egypt or one of the more "famous" countries makes sense to ease it in, however with no IP tie-ins or real connections with the country it becomes are to pinpoint any one country. Ideally, they would create a new film based on African Mythology, like they did with Moana and Polynesian mythology, which could be a direct tie to a future movie release.
IMG_28352-e1353269306496.jpg

918139c7cab4a04599d75a9bffa817b5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom