Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmuboy

Please remember I said possibly.

I will faint if the feeble vision-less leadership of Parks and Resorts could even get ONE country pavilion approved and built. Much less three!!! After all it’s been 30 years (think about that number for a minute) since the last country was added. So I have ZERO expectations we'd see Brazil and if we do it most certainly won’t be with a ride and will no doubt be the tiniest excuse of a pavilion built yet. And I find it laughable we'd ever see 3 in the next ten years. Now I trust marni1971's words 100 percent. Its Disney I don’t trust. Want to hear the story of the huge theater they are building over in MK on Main Street? The one they just announced. Or the "bold new vision" for the Future of Epcot that seems to be headed to the canceled projects files at WDI rapidly. Expect nothing and Disney World will surprise you. Otherwise I feel like our hopes are going to be slashed by magic and marketing spin otherwise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You understand the Brazilian government isn’t financially involved in the pavilion don’t you?

Yep...and the Brazilian economy - including their businesses - will fall with next global recession...which makes the idea of building a pavilion silly from the start - in longterm perspective.

Those tour groups come off borrowed/bad credit...when you look at it objectively.

HauntedMansionFLA

1000%...

And boy, is that Gonna make financial fallout for 5 years at Disney parks fun to hammer on this time.
The fallout in 2001 was a lot worse for the parks. People were afraid to travel by plane. Usually there are crashes every seven or eight years so we are due. The stock market in the past few weeks have been unnerving. So, a lot of these rumored attractions won’t come around unless you count armchair wishing. Iger has to protect the company and make sure the WHOLE company remains healthy. It’s a little more than building rides all over the place.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The fallout in 2001 was a lot worse for the parks. People were afraid to travel by plane. Usually there are crashes every seven or eight years so we are due. The stock market in the past few weeks have been unnerving. So, a lot of these rumored attractions won’t come around unless you count armchair wishing. Iger has to protect the company and make sure the WHOLE company remains healthy. It’s a little more than building rides all over the place.

My tenure was 2000-2003...so I know full well.

What I was referring to was the way they jacked up the prices not only before...but during the last crash.

That was - in fact - the second biggest crash in world history...and the seeds were planted.

You remember? "They'll just discount...free dining...people will come"

The hook package they advertised - if you recall on tv - was $1600 for a week at all stars for a family of 4...

Price that now and see how big the discount would have to be to hit that during the next crash?

It can't be done. Their mistake - because I've lived how clueless they are - is that they think the next will be "adjusted" for inflation.

Like a $1600 2010 package can easily go for $3100 in 2020...

Lol...it doesn't work that way. Iger has set them up for huge failure in this particular manner. Get your popcorn. The next one is gonna sink that stock...hard.

Just a prophecy.

HauntedMansionFLA

My tenure was 2000-2003...so I know full well.

What I was referring to was the way they jacked up the prices not only before...but during the last crash.

That was - in fact - the second biggest crash in world history...and the seeds were planted.

You remember? "They'll just discount...free dining...people will come"

The hook package they advertised - if you recall on tv - was $1600 for a week at all stars for a family of 4...

Price that now and see how big the discount would have to be to hit that during the next crash?

It can't be done. Their mistake - because I've lived how clueless they are - is that they think the next will be "adjusted" for inflation.

Like a $1600 2010 package can easily go for $3100 in 2020...

Lol...it doesn't work that way. Iger has set them up for huge failure in this particular manner. Get your popcorn. The next one is gonna sink that stock...hard.

Just a prophecy.
Totally agree. Bobby should get out before the roof crashes but the ego will get in the way. We stayed at the AKL at a fraction of what it cost now. Plus, zero lines. Great value.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Totally agree. Bobby should get out before the roof crashes but the ego will get in the way. We stayed at the AKL at a fraction of what it cost now. Plus, zero lines. Great value.

He's got 1 1/2 feet out the door...but that espn is really taking the air out of the golden parachute on the NYSE...

...the guy has been squirming to leave for awhile and that's not gonna change...he's ready to cut the bait at the first sign of trouble.

raymusiccity

He's got 1 1/2 feet out the door...but that espn is really taking the air out of the golden parachute on the NYSE...

...the guy has been squirming to leave for awhile and that's not gonna change...he's ready to cut the bait at the first sign of trouble.

5 years ago Disney stock was trading around $60.00, now it's at $106.00. ESPN is a mere write off at his rarified level of benefits package. He's squirming because he's running out of places to stash his pension money.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep...and the Brazilian economy - including their businesses - will fall with next global recession...which makes the idea of building a pavilion silly from the start - in longterm perspective.

Those tour groups come off borrowed/bad credit...when you look at it objectively.
Believe me, I agree. I have little interest in it if it comes with no attraction. Negotiations have been going on for well over a year now. The world has certainly changed a bit since they began.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
5 years ago Disney stock was trading around $60.00, now it's at $106.00. ESPN is a mere write off at his rarified level of benefits package. He's squirming because he's running out of places to stash his pension money.
He agreed to stay on until 2021 as a result of the Fox deal, so he's kind of stuck until then (barring some kind of scandal or illness.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

In practicality...what's the difference?

He was was the happiest guy on earth when it was $122 - thinking It was headed to $150 - and has been a tad surely since...

Stock watchers can't seem to decide if disney is:

1. The most stable thing ever
2. A house of cards
3. A volatile mixture of both

2 of those are disasterous for CMB.

Remember: espn has comprised basically 40% of their walkaway PROFIT...not revenue...

That's a hell of a "writeoff"

Last edited:

CrescentLake

Good question...but it's outside the existing map if they are...and until vertical construction even that could be a parking lot conversion

It was a sarcastic question, because we have photographic proof they are clearing the land and permits have been filed to begin at the very least preliminary work. So...while obviously it is not a done deal until we observe vertical construction, I think we have a MORE than reasonable confirmation that work is indeed progressing as if it is happening.

That and we have absolutely no indication from our insiders that it won't happen. I think those who are questioning this are cynical at best and grasping at straws at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom