Brazil in World Showcase (Confirmed by Vinylmation?)

disneydevil1

No wonder people complain about the attitude of Cast Members...if you represent the lot of them.

Whats wrong? A line is a very basic thing, you learn about them in preschool, how come Brazilians have no concept of them? And what is so hard about the fact that if you see no language pin under a person's name tag that means they only speak english? I mean i do not see people coming up to me speaking in Swedish, no they ask me if anyone speaks Swedish and if not they ask me in English, it is not hard.

foxrcr54

hmm

So, did you go to The American Adventure in Epcot? Why would you visit an attraction about the USA in the USA when you're from the USA?

And this is the mentality that allows for the destruction of our country. We take almost everything for granted.

I tell you why you go to the American Pavilion even if you are from the USA.

Voices of Liberty- they are amazing and the songs have the spirit in which this country was founded.. which has disappeared.

Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps- On my recent visit (this last August) they did the pledge of allegiance. There were nearly 20 kids there and I would say only 5 of them knew it.

Moreover, adults did not take off their hats, or put their hand over their hearts, or at the very least stand at easy and take pride in this.

Its a shame they don't allow the pledge in schools anymore, I grew up with this and I am younger than 30.

In any event, while the food could use a little beefing up, the pavilion does a great job of telling the story of America and is truly a tasteful tribute to our founding fathers.

I would say that is Brazil comes in, they should do something with
Capoeira, the afro-Brazilian dance/martial arts. It is a staple in their country and I think would show the true arts of what Brazil is about.

No one can argue that the food in Brazil is amazing!

jabay

A Brazil Showcase, great now you will know where to find all of the annoying Brazilian tour groups in one place:brick: Just follow the vuvuzelas:ROFLOL:

G00fyDad

But if they make the Brazil Pavilion does that mean that the CM's working there will need to emulate their country by being rude, sarcastic, and downright annoying to everyone in WDW? Every single Brazilian tour group I have seen has been that way. "Excuse me. I need to let a friend of mine in the line with me." you allow this, then... "Okay everyone, come on!" and 15 more idiots come crashing in the line. Go ahead, act like it doesn't happen.

HMF

But if they make the Brazil Pavilion does that mean that the CM's working there will need to emulate their country by being rude, sarcastic, and downright annoying to everyone in WDW? Every single Brazilian tour group I have seen has been that way. "Excuse me. I need to let a friend of mine in the line with me." you allow this, then... "Okay everyone, come on!" and 15 more idiots come crashing in the line. Go ahead, act like it doesn't happen.
Isn't that the equivalent of asking that Cast Members in the American pavilion be lazy and overweight and other countries Cast Members portray other stereotypes?

G00fyDad

Isn't that the equivalent of asking that Cast Members in the American pavilion be lazy and overweight and other countries Cast Members portray other stereotypes?

So what you're essentially saying here is that Americans have tour groups at WDW that sit around the parks lazy and overweight? Try reading my entire post instead of only part of it and popping off with a smart*** comment. I've been to Brazil and people there do not act rude and obnoxious. I was referring to the TOUR GROUPS at WDW genius. Got anything ELSE intelligent to say?

G00fyDad

I didn't really understand the purpose of the Vinylmations. I mean, what are you supposed to do with them? You can't carry them around and show them all off like you can with pins. PINS FTW! :king:

I'd say they are more for kids and collectors. I have a Goofy collection of over 200 peices right now and I got a Goofy Vinylmation for the shelves.

We Be Pirates

I think it would be a bad idea. Not that Brazil isnt a beautiful country with a rich culture but talk about isolating the menu selection in world showcase. Mexico , Spain and now Brazil...Best part about the World Showcase is you are giving an opportunity to sample the world w/o having to travel the world...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think it would be a bad idea. Not that Brazil isnt a beautiful country with a rich culture but talk about isolating the menu selection in world showcase. Mexico , Spain and now Brazil...Best part about the World Showcase is you are giving an opportunity to sample the world w/o having to travel the world...

Well, Spain isn't in the World Showcase. And as for cuisines, there's more differences between the three than there are similarities.....

johnvree

I would like to see something from South America given that continent's lack of representation. Brazil seems to be the logical choice given its size and prominence in the region. I'd love to see a rodizio restaurant with about 25 different cuts of meat brought to and carved at your table.

As far as Brazilians being loud and rude... I can tell you that Brazilians are very carefree and laid back and are about as friendly a people as you will meet. The one thing that may lead to the perception that they are rude is that it does seem that people who speak Portuguese seem to speak it very, very loudly. Not sure why.

As far as adding Brazil for marketing purposes...I believe it is very difficult to travel from Brazil to the US. It's not easy for most Brazilians to get a travel visa and then hop on a plane to come to Florida. It can be a time consuming and expensive process.

majortom1981

hmm

I might be alone in this but I think brazil would be great. They have to make sure to put in a brazilian bbq joint MAybe with a dinner show. I have been to a couple of brazilian dinner shows and they were pretty cool.

Have a ride that takes you on a boat tour of the amazon or a tour of brazil and that could be a cool pavilion .

lpereira

What Epcot doesn't need in another country is a repeat of what's already there. Canada, US, UK- do you really need Australia? India, Egypt, Indonesia would all be good if they wanted to go with non-Western culture country. Russia or Brazil if they wanted to add another Western culture country. BUT wouldn't they want to fix Future World first?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Why should Australia be in Animal Kingdom....they are not know for their wildlife besides Kangaroos.......

Actually, both the Australian Outback and Great Barrier Reef are known for their wildlife diversity. And with Africa and Asia already being lands at AK, Australia is a great fit.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom