Brazil in World Showcase (Confirmed by Vinylmation?)

njdan

You say that fairly definitively. It's the fifth largest country in the world both in geography and population. It has a rich history and strong culture. What scale are you using to determine "far better additions?"
Yes you are right on Brazil being one of the biggest countries with a large cultural history
but my question is how would they add to the World Showcase?
Many countries have many things culturally they can add but I think the World Showcase need more rides. I cant think of a good ride for Brazil unless it was a river ride(Amozon River), However I THINK DISNEY HAS A LOT OF river rides(Jungle Cruise, Splash Mnt.,
Kali RR, Malstrom, Mexico boat ride ect. LOve the idea of a new country hope they can come up with good attractions

Mansion Butler

I cant think of a good ride for Brazil unless it was a river ride(Amozon River), However I THINK DISNEY HAS A LOT OF river rides(Jungle Cruise, Splash Mnt.,
Kali RR, Malstrom, Mexico boat ride ect. LOve the idea of a new country hope they can come up with good attractions
So if it's quality, another boat ride can't be done? Imagineers can't think of something unique that isn't a boat ride just because you can't? What rides are there that naturally fit other countries with rid systems that aren't similar to something Disney already has that you can think of?

scottnj1966

If another showcase country does show up in the near future don't you think some permit or basic plan would have been leaked by now.

I am all for another land, I wish it would be something else other than
Brazil, and not for any of the reason's I've heard here, I want more good restaurants and I do not like latin type food. I know its a personal preference but thats my reason :)

I just had a thought. What if they do build a country and it has no ride at all. That is a strong possibility also. I think rides should be in each land, start with adding them to all the countries missing one. If it's a boat ride, that is fine with me because I enjoy seeing what each country has to offer in a ride and not just a boring theater.

Silver Figment

I'm not sure whether or not i believe this rumor but something new for the WS would be welcomed by me, Brazil probably isn't my first choice but still, new is good in this case.

Huge number of South American visitors. No South American representation. Sounds like a no brainer decision to me.

The countries that get mentioned here a lot don't send many visitors to WDW. Thats a big part of the equation. Yes, its here for others to learn about the countries, but Disney wants it to be a two way street.

agree 100%. with as many brazilian tour groups that go through wdw each year, there was little doubt that this rumor was true. i'm curious what kind of attraction they will have though. i hope its now another 360 degree movie

redshoesrock

If another showcase country does show up in the near future don't you think some permit or basic plan would have been leaked by now.

Not necessarily. A big advantage for WDW over competitors like Uni or SeaWorld is that they are their own little fiefdom (WDW is the Reedy Creek Improvement District and the RCID is WDW). Meaning that while Uni, SeaWorld, and the rest have to submit their plans to Orange County for approval, who then have to send their people out to the site, many meetings, blah blah blah. Whereas Disney has to submit their plans to...the Reedy Creek Improvement District...which is Disney. Or, as a high-level Uni exec grumbled, "Disney could design something Friday night and start building it Monday morning."

So there might not be a set building plan yet.

Mickey is King

Pretty much all of the countries in WS have had their own dark histories (and in some cases present) like all countries do. The goal of the WS pavillions is to present each countries' rich culture and positive qualities and ignore the political aspects be it past or present.

Yeah, your right. I guess if we wanted to beat up on a certain country theat might come, or already is in WS we could beat up on Mexico...ya know, put a scene in the ride where you cross by the border and see a shoot out between border patrol agents and druglords as you pass by in the boat.:lol::lol:

(is ment to be taken as a joke)

flavious27

Not necessarily. A big advantage for WDW over competitors like Uni or SeaWorld is that they are their own little fiefdom (WDW is the Reedy Creek Improvement District and the RCID is WDW). Meaning that while Uni, SeaWorld, and the rest have to submit their plans to Orange County for approval, who then have to send their people out to the site, many meetings, blah blah blah. Whereas Disney has to submit their plans to...the Reedy Creek Improvement District...which is Disney. Or, as a high-level Uni exec grumbled, "Disney could design something Friday night and start building it Monday morning."

So there might not be a set building plan yet.

True, but disney still has to submit permits to OC.

darthokeefe

Think large Show building filled with indoor and outdoor rainforrest boat journey with thrill component (ala Jurrasic Park) and overhead a Peter Pan type rainforrest canopy ride over the treetops looking down on a portion of the River ride.....Hey a Guy can dream cant he..

Actually if they are adding to WS BRAZIL makes the most sense it can be advertised on disneys BIGGEST GROWING MARKET FOR TRAVEL (south America) and give those customers a sense of pride and ownership.......

Im all for it

RSoxNo1

While I definitely agree that a Brazil pavilion would be a welcome addition to World Showcase, it's going to be tough to defend a rainforest attraction in anything but a South America land in the Animal Kingdom.

MarkTwain

While I definitely agree that a Brazil pavilion would be a welcome addition to World Showcase, it's going to be tough to defend a rainforest attraction in anything but a South America land in the Animal Kingdom.

Brazil is a lot more than just rainforests, y'know. :lookaroun

Check out this animation about Rio de Janeiro from Disney themselves, from the Three Caballeros' lesser-known companion film, Saludos Amigos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBq4VEBFq4

Or this atmospheric montage from the Three Caballeros, about a Brazilian seaside town called Baia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O7eu7XxNBs

I think if you had a cable car skyway ride or Mr. Toad-style ride through Rio, a fancy Brazilian steakhouse, hourly Carnival street-party style entertainment, some samba dancers, and a small recreation of a rainforest, I think you'd have a pretty solid Brazilian pavilion. Probably a lot more built-out than most of the World Showcase pavilions, in fact.

RSoxNo1

Brazil is a lot more than just rainforests, y'know. :lookaroun

Check out this animation about Rio de Janeiro from Disney themselves, from the Three Caballeros' lesser-known companion film, Saludos Amigos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBq4VEBFq4

Or this atmospheric montage from the Three Caballeros, about a Brazilian seaside town called Baia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O7eu7XxNBs

I think if you had a cable car skyway ride or Mr. Toad-style ride through Rio, a fancy Brazilian steakhouse, hourly Carnival street-party style entertainment, some samba dancers, and a small recreation of a rainforest, I think you'd have a pretty solid Brazilian pavilion. Probably a lot more built-out than most of the World Showcase pavilions, in fact.

I'm aware, but most of what has been suggested is a Rainforest based attraction. For me, a rainforest attraction should be a priority in the Animal Kingdom not Epcot.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm aware, but most of what has been suggested is a Rainforest based attraction. For me, a rainforest attraction should be a priority in the Animal Kingdom not Epcot.

I doubt Brazil would want to build their pavilion at DAK though. :lol:

jav

Brazil

Brazil is a superpower. They have nuclear energy never an accident, deep water oil producer never an accident, one of the biggest hydroelectric plans in the world, cars that run on alcohol from sugar cane for 30 plus years, same american cars sold here, just running on cheap renewable energy, Embraer manufactures the most advanced airliners in use by many airlines around the world, including Jetblue and many other american airlines, military jets, space program, the amazon, the amazon river, multicultural, multilingual, the food is amazing, the best steaks ever, music, dance, arts, geography, etc, etc. I'm not brazilian, never been there.

flavious27

Agreed. Though I see a South American land being more than just a 35 acre rainforest and amazon land. I would like to see the Andes represented.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm aware, but most of what has been suggested is a Rainforest based attraction.
Based on what I've seen, the attraction for Brazil would not be entirely rainforest based. I'm sure it will be a part of it, but certainly not all.

Scuttle

Based on what I've seen, the attraction for Brazil would not be entirely rainforest based. I'm sure it will be a part of it, but certainly not all.

Any chance of a ride system like Indiana Jones? Make a few tweaks here and there and a different storyline about a rainforest and we have ourselves a new country and a new e-ticket!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom