Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Rodan75

“We have a hot new ride to annou... ooooooohhhhh... crap.”

LOL. It seems like it is never a great time to announce anything for Brazil (at least since the Olympic build up). If they do announce a Brazil pavilion they will need to proactively address the Amazon by doing some donation for reforestation to avoid social media backlash. They may also inadvertently trigger some backlash because of the recent anti-LGBTQI statements by the government, but I think the Amazon will be the bigger deal short term.

Princess Leia

Hey @Pinkpearl , hope this helps.

To quote, you can simply click the ‘quote’ button, and any post you want to respond to will be able to be found when you click ‘Insert quotes’ at the bottom where you typically reply.
B100DD89-C750-4F01-8AAA-2E3E8978781D.jpeg
58CBE883-126F-4F7F-AE4B-85879BF6AFB2.jpeg

As for tagging people, type in the @ symbol, along with their username (as I demonstrated above)

DonaldDoleWhip

To be clear, the current situation in the Amazon certainly isn't funny, and I don't think anyone's laughing at it.

However, I'd say there's some absurd humor in the timing of D23's potential Brazil announcement (which eager Disney fans are tweeting about positively) juxtaposed against a very real crisis for Brazil (and the world, on an ecological scope). That tweet brings the juxtaposition front and center, and I'd hope it actually informs some people who've only been thinking about Brazil at Epcot.

Pinkpearl

To be clear, the current situation in the Amazon certainly isn't funny, and I don't think anyone's laughing at it.

However, I'd say there's some absurd humor in the timing of D23's potential Brazil announcement (which eager Disney fans are tweeting about positively) juxtaposed against a very real crisis for Brazil (and the world, on an ecological scope). That tweet brings the juxtaposition front and center, and I'd hope it actually informs some people who've only been thinking about Brazil at Epcot.

I can take a joke but sometimes I don't always recognize them but yeah.
The timing is bad for the announcement.

If they did a charity or donated and brought it up. That would be cool.
They donated to Notre dam, donate to amazon watch.
It needs to be brought up and talked about.

SpaceMountain77

So I have seen some speculation that this picture could be a mad hatter type tea party idea in UK maybe? If so, and you look at backround really hard is that whitish structure in the back the merry go round? Some of this is my speculation as well

To me, the performers seem to be suggestive of a Cirque du Soleil troupe. With the Mad Tea Party lanterns, chair, and teacups in the background and performers in the front, I had wondered if this picture captures a space between the United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions.

Alternatively, it could simply be a flexible space within the new Festival Center.

Sir_Cliff

well...not when they started, some of them did have to do with the governments
I guess Norway and Morocco were outwardly sponsored by their respective governments. Other than that, my impression was that government involvement was very minimal. For Mexico, for example, I remember that despite Disney meeting with the Mexican president and trying to wine and dine government officials, they provided next to no actual support for the pavilion.

Sir_Cliff

It Brazilian businesses, not the Government, that Disney is dealing with.

Perhaps the Brazilian Pavillion won't even be announced tomorrow. :eek:
Yeah, I saw @marni1971 mentioned it as a 50/50 possibility on another thread which was interesting. The darker part of my soul would be kind of amused if the "to be announced Sunday" blank poster was for the Wakanda pavilion. The reaction in the room as people struggled to interpret the announcement would be quite something! :oops:🙁😢😭🤬🔥

PorterRedkey

Yeah, I saw @marni1971 mentioned it as a 50/50 possibility on another thread which was interesting. The darker part of my soul would be kind of amused if the "to be announced Sunday" blank poster was for the Wakanda pavilion. I think the reaction in the room as people struggled to interpret the announcement would be quite something!
Wakanda Forever! (but not in Epcot)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom