Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not related to Brazil at all, but I happened to see this image on Reddit in a WDW history sub and, perhaps because I was too young to recall, but I had no idea this took place. Doubt we'll see something this over the top when any new pavilion comes to Epcot.
22529050_10154843115236625_1421352267875494630_o.jpg

Text taken from AVgeekert.com:

Oct 18, 1982, some aviation history was made in Central Florida when two Concordes, one from Air France, and the other from British Airways, made a dual simultaneous landing at Orlando International Airport (MCO).

It was the first time the famous droop-nosed supersonic passenger jets landed side by side on parallel runways.

But the simultaneous landing was no coincidence, it was a publicity stunt organized by Walt Disney World to hype the arrival of the sponsors of exhibits at Disney’s newly opened Epcot Center’s British and French pavilions.

That picture is all kinds of awesome, thanks for sharing!

RSoxNo1

I think IPs belong in Disney parks, when I was a child l went there with the fantasy of visiting the kingdom where my favourites characters lives,at that time we can even go and see Mickey´s house! and at that time l found strange not to be able to see some character anywhere more over any new character that was currently hyped in all wdw. I think all mayor IP MUST ideally have a ride, because at the end thats what Disney company is, their IPs are what make them what they are.

Having said that my favorites rides include HM, Splash M, Space M, Tower of Terror (the ip do not add anything), Soarin, TestTrack among other. I really enjoy non-ip rides and they add a lot to my WDW experience.

Summarizing IPs must be on Disneys Parks,( maybe some park like epcot would work perfecty well ip-less) but Ips do not transform a bad ride into a good one (Adding an IP to a "carnival ride" does not make it a good Disney ride, just because it has some stickers of a disney character) and a good ride is good even if it has no IP.
the worst I saw is when they took a classic Disney ride and add a stupid IP overlay. I also think that they must be more carefull choosing the IPs Tron and Pandora does not seem as a huge adittion BUT FoP ride and a new roller coaster on MK ARE excelent adittions despite the chosen IP. To round out the idea, there are lots of NEW great IPS and some OLD great IPS as well that are not well reprecented on WDW (Tron is not one of those). So there is a lot of work to do to gave them decent rides but they cannot kill any ipless ride more to do this.
A healthy balance is what we're asking for, but beginning with Pandora Disney is going to be building 10 consecutive attractions in WDW based on intellectual properties.

Kman101

I think IPs belong in Disney parks, when I was a child l went there with the fantasy of visiting the kingdom where my favourites characters lives,at that time we can even go and see Mickey´s house! and at that time l found strange not to be able to see some character anywhere more over any new character that was currently hyped in all wdw. I think all mayor IP MUST ideally have a ride, because at the end thats what Disney company is, their IPs are what make them what they are.

Having said that my favorites rides include HM, Splash M, Space M, Tower of Terror (the ip do not add anything), Soarin, TestTrack among other. I really enjoy non-ip rides and they add a lot to my WDW experience.

Summarizing IPs must be on Disneys Parks,( maybe some park like epcot would work perfecty well ip-less) but Ips do not transform a bad ride into a good one (Adding an IP to a "carnival ride" does not make it a good Disney ride, just because it has some stickers of a disney character) and a good ride is good even if it has no IP.
the worst I saw is when they took a classic Disney ride and add a stupid IP overlay. I also think that they must be more carefull choosing the IPs Tron and Pandora does not seem as a huge adittion BUT FoP ride and a new roller coaster on MK ARE excelent adittions despite the chosen IP. To round out the idea, there are lots of NEW great IPS and some OLD great IPS as well that are not well reprecented on WDW (Tron is not one of those). So there is a lot of work to do to gave them decent rides but they cannot kill any ipless ride more to do this.

Well said. IPs have gotten a largely 'bad rap' so to speak likely due to poor implementation of them into the parks (and the fact that only ip-based things get approved, more or less so it's frustrating for many that they've lost sight of the fact that not everything tied to an IP can bring guests in).

For me, IP really has never been the problem, it's been the execution (and I think the hatred towards IP is sometimes misplaced in certain context). I love and cherish so many non-IP based rides but I don't begrudge "IP" being used, I just wish they'd do a better job and not *just* depend on it ... but nice post. (And I also think some need to acknowledge that people view the parks differently, I think most could find common ground on the IP thing if they tried)

prberk

Once again I will say that "EPCOT" is an IP itself. A place dedicated to exploration and innovation. When it is well-done, it shines and complements the other parks as its own IP. Think of the amazing show at the end -- it is not based on a cartoon IP. Instead it beautifully renders the ideas of EPCOT itself. It inspires wonder and awe and discovery, the way the park should.

And another thing I have long held is that the company could remember the importance of TV. For EPCOT a show could easily be done there that celebrates achievements and innovation -- and along the way remind us of the park (just like Walt did for Disneyland through his show). It could easily be a Saturday morning show or a show for The Discovery Channel or streaming, perhaps with the Disneynature imprimatur.

Anyway, they just need to remember what an amazing IP they already have at EPCOT (or even Epcot) when done right -- the concept itself.

aladdin2007

I haven't kept up with this thread, so my apologies if this has already been mentioned. But new aerials from Bioreconstruct show something happening behind Africa in WS.

the other thread is saying this is for the new night show based on permits. so Im wondering (martin, or anyone else) does that mean we will not see new pavilions/attractions in this area in the future? These were the largest expansion pads left so to speak.

jt04

Could be. And then relocated to the roof of whatever eventually gets built there. I think it has been discussed in Martin speak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom