Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

jt04

while that is true, they can get rid of it someday in the future if they ever chose. Not during any of our lifetimes probably.

If Frozen becomes a true classic franchise I wouldn't be surprised to see it as part of MK 2.0. At which point the M&G could get relocated and freeing up that pad. IMO.

aladdin2007

If Frozen becomes a true classic franchise I wouldn't be surprised to see it as part of MK 2.0. At which point the M&G could get relocated and freeing up that pad. IMO.

I would be all for that myself, its just MK doesn't always have room for everything. however epcot is becoming MK 2.0 really.

jt04

I would be all for that myself, its just MK doesn't always have room for everything. however epcot is becoming MK 2.0 really.

Somebody should write a book about Epcot Center's approval process. I'm sure it is fascinating.

As for the MK, it has a supringly large amount of space. I spend too much time on google maps.

:oops:

HauntedMansionFLA

Somebody should write a book about Epcot Center's approval process. I'm sure it is fascinating.

As for the MK, it has a supringly large amount of space. I spend too much time on google maps.

:oops:
How is Epcot becoming MK 2.0?? Is that good thing? It would make the FP+ system work better with all of the choices to spread out the crowds. Any thoughts??

jt04

How is Epcot becoming MK 2.0?? Is that good thing? It would make the FP+ system work better with all of the choices to spread out the crowds. Any thoughts??

I think it was inevitable. Stockholders love IPs. The Disney management loves IPs. And I would guess at least 90% of guests approve. Largely because the children of guests favor experiences with franchises they are familiar with. It will definitely drive people to the other parks as you mentioned.

Before anyone calls me out, yes I am aware not every guest brings kids with them. It is still Disney's main customer base.

TimeDuck

This will get a LOT of poop hurled at me.
This is coming from a former skipper and a person who made many a contribution to contraband Jungle Cruise jokes that are still circulating around those rivers today...
The Jungle Cruise has slipped past the point of no return, quality wise.
Unless they're going to hire equity actors for the skippers on the boat
there isn't hope for it being the great attraction it was fifty years ago.
I say
get rid of the Jungle Cruise at MK
and create a new version of Jungle Cruise centered around the new film using shanghai pirates tech without the live skippers
and stick it in the Brazil pavilion as I believe that the new movie takes place in the Amazon.
Put a giant Moana mountain ride where the Jungle sat in MK.
MK needs the land for a high capacity family attraction
and Brazil needs a cracker jack new ride.

Things have to change and I don't think Jungle would still be around in its current form if Uncle Cigarettes was still kicking.

This is a surprisingly solid idea (pending the quality of the upcoming Jungle Cruise, which I'm a little weary about given what they're going for).

I think everything bad about Magic Kingdom is where it tries to be a bigger-budget Disneyland.

WDWTank

This is coming from a former skipper and a person who made many a contribution to contraband Jungle Cruise jokes that are still circulating around those rivers today...
I say
and create a new version of Jungle Cruise centered around the new film using shanghai pirates tech without the live skippers
and stick it in the Brazil pavilion as I believe that the new movie takes place in the Amazon.

Things have to change and I don't think Jungle would still be around in its current form if Uncle Cigarettes was still kicking.
FIRE MOUNTAIN could be put there! :D

Phicinfan

Sommerhaus is between Mexico and Norway, and with Frozen 2 coming out next year, Disney isn’t going to get rid of that M&G.

Brazil’s slotted to go between Germany and Italy.
I wonder and this is only my thinking out loud - if they made the M&G replaceable incase they did to the major overhaul of Mexico for Coco and convert the M&G for that......

Of course that would require Disney to be thinking ahead....and not simply reacting to what was popular..

tomast

I think it was inevitable. Stockholders love IPs. The Disney management loves IPs. And I would guess at least 90% of guests approve. Largely because the children of guests favor experiences with franchises they are familiar with. It will definitely drive people to the other parks as you mentioned.

Before anyone calls me out, yes I am aware not every guest brings kids with them. It is still Disney's main customer base.

I think IPs belong in Disney parks, when I was a child l went there with the fantasy of visiting the kingdom where my favourites characters lives,at that time we can even go and see Mickey´s house! and at that time l found strange not to be able to see some character anywhere more over any new character that was currently hyped in all wdw. I think all mayor IP MUST ideally have a ride, because at the end thats what Disney company is, their IPs are what make them what they are.

Having said that my favorites rides include HM, Splash M, Space M, Tower of Terror (the ip do not add anything), Soarin, TestTrack among other. I really enjoy non-ip rides and they add a lot to my WDW experience.

Summarizing IPs must be on Disneys Parks,( maybe some park like epcot would work perfecty well ip-less) but Ips do not transform a bad ride into a good one (Adding an IP to a "carnival ride" does not make it a good Disney ride, just because it has some stickers of a disney character) and a good ride is good even if it has no IP.
the worst I saw is when they took a classic Disney ride and add a stupid IP overlay. I also think that they must be more carefull choosing the IPs Tron and Pandora does not seem as a huge adittion BUT FoP ride and a new roller coaster on MK ARE excelent adittions despite the chosen IP. To round out the idea, there are lots of NEW great IPS and some OLD great IPS as well that are not well reprecented on WDW (Tron is not one of those). So there is a lot of work to do to gave them decent rides but they cannot kill any ipless ride more to do this.

righttrack

I say

I think you're right. The reverence we have for original attractions like this won't get us much further than this generation. WD would have been merciless to revamp and make things great again by replacing things with the best he and his team could dream up. We keep CoP of course and IaSW as is and the partner's statue as a way to remember. To the others, what should go must go. Things must be of the scale things were when Epcot opened. E+ ticket plus the proper theming and immersion that goes along with it. If I, a gen-Xer thinks Jungle Cruise is kitschy then what do my kids think? What will their kids think? Would they even care?

ABQ

Not related to Brazil at all, but I happened to see this image on Reddit in a WDW history sub and, perhaps because I was too young to recall, but I had no idea this took place. Doubt we'll see something this over the top when any new pavilion comes to Epcot.
22529050_10154843115236625_1421352267875494630_o.jpg

Text taken from AVgeekert.com:

Oct 18, 1982, some aviation history was made in Central Florida when two Concordes, one from Air France, and the other from British Airways, made a dual simultaneous landing at Orlando International Airport (MCO).

It was the first time the famous droop-nosed supersonic passenger jets landed side by side on parallel runways.

But the simultaneous landing was no coincidence, it was a publicity stunt organized by Walt Disney World to hype the arrival of the sponsors of exhibits at Disney’s newly opened Epcot Center’s British and French pavilions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not related to Brazil at all, but I happened to see this image on Reddit in a WDW history sub and, perhaps because I was too young to recall, but I had no idea this took place. Doubt we'll see something this over the top when any new pavilion comes to Epcot.
22529050_10154843115236625_1421352267875494630_o.jpg

Text taken from AVgeekert.com:

Oct 18, 1982, some aviation history was made in Central Florida when two Concordes, one from Air France, and the other from British Airways, made a dual simultaneous landing at Orlando International Airport (MCO).

It was the first time the famous droop-nosed supersonic passenger jets landed side by side on parallel runways.

But the simultaneous landing was no coincidence, it was a publicity stunt organized by Walt Disney World to hype the arrival of the sponsors of exhibits at Disney’s newly opened Epcot Center’s British and French pavilions.
Yep. It happened.

Fun fact; it happened as Communicore was being dedicated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom