Boy dies after riding Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

DisneyRoxMySox

wdwishes2005 said:
The colbert report has better reporting than the orlando sentinal....

Hahaha. :lol:

In response to a few posters, the reason we are flaming the media is because they have very little facts. Even the facts they have, they mess up. :rolleyes:

Spine_DR

This roller coaster is tame compared to many others out there like Cedar Points Top Thrill Dragster pushing you to 122 in 3.9 secs and the King da ka. This is most likely a case of a congenital defect like the child who died on Mission Space some people are basically just ticking time bombs it could be the heart or something like an Os Odontoidum were your first vertibra in your neck ist stable on the second one and the wrong motion will cever your spinal cord at your . WDW sees so many people through the gates that this kind of thing is bound to happen now and then its like lighting strikes or lottery wins chances are low but there, and things like this do happen at other parks like Six Flags Parks but its more news worthy when it happens at WDW.

DisneyJill

Videoteck said:
YO THATS SO FREAKIN TRUE!

Get this story....
A year ago I went to Disney, I was waiting in line at Buzz, I looked over where the "bugies" come in and 1 buggie had a foriegn guy in it! When it was time to get off the ride they guy actually stayed on!!!! was he thinking!

P.S. CNN is just as negative as the others. Also saying that the family had bad judgement, means they are idots.

This has nothing to do with anything regarding this story and is actually pretty offensive. The fact that the person was foreign is completely irrelevant and seeing as how you know 0% of WHY he rode around, you have no basis for telling and re-telling the story. In the future, perhaps we could keep the race comments to ourselves?

dandaman

MicBat said:
ORLANDO -- Here are comments from some people at Disney-MGM Studios this afternoon. They were interviewed after a 12-year-old boy died after riding on the park's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.
Sandra Duncan, of Allen, Texas, who was visiting with her daughter, 42, grandson, 13, a friend of her grandson, 15: "Of course it worries me, I don't want my kids on it?It's just so sad because the kid's life was cut short."
Larry Wagner, retired schoolteacher from Hammond, La.: "It seems like things have changed a lot in respect to safety. I'll tell you I'm not surprised that this has happened?We come here every year, we've been coming here for the last 20 years?I think the lack of safety is an issue these days, the workers nowadays let people do what they please."
Eugena Pruitt, 64, of Virginia: "They should inspect and find out what is causing the deaths. Three in one year?that's more than average."
Rene Boylan, 41, of Easton, Pa., whose 7-year-old was on the roller coaster the other day and came back wanting to go on it today: "This breaks my heart. It really worries me now about roller coasters. I might start rethinking some of these rides for him. The roller coasters seem to be going to extremes now. I might be more cautious as to what I let him go on?(Disney) might have to rethink the height requirements so you don't have so many young kids going on them."
Chris Swift, 30, of Cheshire, England: "I've been on the ride, it's a calm coaster compared to most?I would let my kids go on the ride if they wanted to."

Naturally, it's a Slantinel report. Why post any good comments near the top when people read the first few paragraphs as it is? :rolleyes:

Also experiencing a death in the family recently, my heart goes out to the Russell family. Still, I think the media should get whacked in the head with a shovel a few times. (Evidently, they already have.)

dandaman

Mr Bill said:
I wonder how many people the Sentinel interviewed before deciding to publish these quotes...

Interviews? It's the Sentinel. Probably pulled names and phrases out of a hat. :brick:

themack618

I think people need to start reading those 20 warning signs BEFORE they get on the ride. Thats what they are there for, yet people ignore them....hence a situation like this.

Badger Brent

This is sad, my prayers go out to the family.:(

I seem to recall a gentleman jumping out of his flume on Splash Mountain a few years ago. That may be one of the deaths included in the number. If I'm mistaken, forgive me. Just thought of that person and thought I would post.

Timmay

Videoteck said:
Hes saying that dying happens everyday. But when someone dies at Disney its much more important than any other death. or at least thats what it seems. but all deaths are bad.

Actually, he said people die on Disney property "all the time"...I contend that is false.

I think people need to start reading those 20 warning signs BEFORE they get on the ride. Thats what they are there for, yet people ignore them....hence a situation like this.

Really, and you know this how, exactly? What information do you have at this time that leads you to believe this poor boy or anyone in his family might have known he had any kind of medical condition which may have caused the death?? We know nothing at this point. Funny how people still want to start placing the blame.

DisneyRoxMySox

MicBat said:
I found these quotes from "park guests" at the Sentinal website to be quite ammusing...

Comments from Disney-MGM visitors

A Sentinel Staff report
Posted June 29, 2006, 5:02 PM EDT

ORLANDO -- Here are comments from some people at Disney-MGM Studios this afternoon. They were interviewed after a 12-year-old boy died after riding on the park's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.
Sandra Duncan, of Allen, Texas, who was visiting with her daughter, 42, grandson, 13, a friend of her grandson, 15: "Of course it worries me, I don't want my kids on it?It's just so sad because the kid's life was cut short."
Larry Wagner, retired schoolteacher from Hammond, La.: "It seems like things have changed a lot in respect to safety. I'll tell you I'm not surprised that this has happened?We come here every year, we've been coming here for the last 20 years?I think the lack of safety is an issue these days, the workers nowadays let people do what they please."
Eugena Pruitt, 64, of Virginia: "They should inspect and find out what is causing the deaths. Three in one year?that's more than average."
Rene Boylan, 41, of Easton, Pa., whose 7-year-old was on the roller coaster the other day and came back wanting to go on it today: "This breaks my heart. It really worries me now about roller coasters. I might start rethinking some of these rides for him. The roller coasters seem to be going to extremes now. I might be more cautious as to what I let him go on?(Disney) might have to rethink the height requirements so you don't have so many young kids going on them."

Unbeleivable. :rolleyes: :veryconfu

Timmay

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Unbeleivable. :rolleyes: :veryconfu

Not really...what else would you expect?? Objective reporting?:lol:

Fox News just took down a headline on their site that had a picture of RnR saying "Death Coaster?". At least someone with some smarts changed it pretty fast.

HoW

My thoughts and prayers are with the family, and everyone else involved in this horrible situation. I love RnR, I loved it when I was younger, and I'm sure that there is a reasonable explanation, as reasonable as these things can be. Hopefully the people everywhere who are jumping on the "something has to be done" bandwagon wait until all the facts are in.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
MicBat said:
I found these quotes from "park guests" at the Sentinal website to be quite ammusing...

Comments from Disney-MGM visitors

A Sentinel Staff report
Posted June 29, 2006, 5:02 PM EDT

Chris Swift, 30, of Cheshire, England: "I've been on the ride, it's a calm coaster compared to most?I would let my kids go on the ride if they wanted to."

Good keep all those annoying spoiled whinney little brats out of the way, it might cut wait times.

Good to see the stiff British resolve

Does this mean that Aerosmith will be replaced by Sepltura or Slayer?

WDWparadetech1

In my opinion this ride is tame compared to others at WDW.

Before I began working here, my last visit to WDW was back in 1987. The most intense ride they had back then was, in my opinion, Space Mountain. People have gotten hurt ont hat ride too, but that was there own stupid fault. I heard one story that a person with long arms went to put his hands up and hit them off one of the tracks supports.

This kid had to have had a pre excisting condidtion.

gcurling

themack618 said:

You either know a hell of a lot more about what happened here than the rest of us ...or... you're taking a big, fat monster guess (and an irresponsible one at that).

So, if it's the former, do you mind filling us in a little more?

Leslie

When I read the post about the people that they interviewed I felt I had to post. Right now both of my sons are CM's at Disney. One of them actually works at RnR. Today however he was not working, which for a mother is a relief. I wanted to comment that I do feel very sorry for the family and the CM's that will always remember this. The Orlando Sentinel apparently is just fishing for a story. I know for a fact that the CM's are put through an extensive training program before they are even allowed to work at the attraction. Disney gives much more training than other theme parks.

I also will share that my son has been cursed for NOT letting a child that is just under the height requirement to ride RnR. He takes his job very seriously and will NOT let children ride that are not supposed to, even if the parents throw a fit!

There I feel better now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom