Body Wars 2016 Update

TimeTrip

Has there been any other permanent structure built for an attraction and shows/exhibits that was only opened for a limited amount of time shorter than WoL?

Bocabear

OMG did you ever ride Rocket Rods? lol what an amazing waste of time. It was so short and they cut the budget for all of the show scenes... in one part there was literally coffee cans with holes punched in them and lights to project star effects, and another was just tacky chaser lights on the ceiling. I had a good friend working there at the time and I saw the original concept presentation...it was epic...Thanks to Pressler/Harriss and Eisner it was a disaster...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
OMG did you ever ride Rocket Rods? lol what an amazing waste of time. It was so short and they cut the budget for all of the show scenes... in one part there was literally coffee cans with holes punched in them and lights to project star effects, and another was just tacky chaser lights on the ceiling. I had a good friend working there at the time and I saw the original concept presentation...it was epic...Thanks to Pressler/Harriss and Eisner it was a disaster...
Budget cut beyond belief. The cars had so many fractures due to the speed limits they were literally being welded daily.

Harris refused to pay the 10% more needed to bank the turns.

P_Radden

Man I wish they would revamp this pavilion and reopen it with a new E-Ticket. FW East is so beautiful with its buildings and landscaping, but its embarrassing how weak that section of the park is for quality attractions. If you don't have a FP for TT, there is no point even going to that part of the park really.

Kman101

Body Wars is gutted. It has been for a while now. Isn't it just big pits left where the simulators used to be?

But the entire pavilion is wasted. They have several other areas they could use for the Festival Center.

montyz81

In all fairness most of the infrastructure was already there. Though they did manage to kill two attractions with that. Cynthia Harris. Where are you now?

Swan Boats lasted about a decade.
I thought rocket rods also failed because the track was designed for slow moving people movers, not fast riding rocket ride vehicles. I thought maintenance was very high because of that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought rocket rods also failed because the track was designed for slow moving people movers, not fast riding rocket ride vehicles. I thought maintenance was very high because of that.
The cars had to decelerate and accelerate beyond their original design. They were literally ripping themselves apart.

This was also putting strain on the PM support structure. The track was specifically added For the rods.

PREMiERdrum

The initial design for RR called for the old PeopleMover track to be built up with banked curves, but that expense was cut from the budget. To compensate, the Rods had to slow down for each curve, then re-accelerate again. They ended up chewing through tires like me through the potstickers at Ohana.

It could have been a decent exercise by the day's standard had that one step not been shortchanged. Alas, we know how that story ended.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
That is actually an entrance to a backstage area that has always been there.
I actually realized that about a week after I posted it that my camera wasn't angled right. There's always a ton of CMs infront of the real entrance so I bet they would think it was weird of me to take a picture of them anyway. Also if you all think this thread is a pointless drag, I'll quit bumping it. Unless I ever get any more material because we only have proof Probes 2&3 are gone. (Although it is strongly believed by all of us the rest of them are gone.)

raven

I actually realized that about a week after I posted it that my camera wasn't angled right. There's always a ton of CMs infront of the real entrance so I bet they would think it was weird of me to take a picture of them anyway. Also if you all think this thread is a pointless drag, I'll quit bumping it. Unless I ever get any more material because we only have proof Probes 2&3 are gone. (Although it is strongly believed by all of us the rest of them are gone.)
Directly behind that door is a computer for the Cast Hub. Plus that hallway leads to an elevator that connects to the Epcot Cast computer training room. That's why you may see people there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom