Body Wars 2016 Update

BCNHF

I like how that video is "cool places I got into" okay Security Officer XD.

Those blueprints at the end of the Image Works....does anyone recognize them? I didn't....

trainplane3

I like how that video is "cool places I got into" okay Security Officer XD.

Those blueprints at the end of the Image Works....does anyone recognize them? I didn't....

I want to say these are blueprints of the original Imagination pavilion. In the second picture down, right in the bottom middle, it looks like the rainbow tunnel. I tried screenshotting the best stills in the video. With Imagination getting brought up across all the threads regularly, there should be a dedicated one. But then again, I'm not a mod and no one seems to have issues with it.

wHjc3og.png

Le3GpNP.png
5DivG9n.png
14IFBtx.png

DreamfinderGuy

I want to say these are blueprints of the original Imagination pavilion. In the second picture down, right in the bottom middle, it looks like the rainbow tunnel. I tried screenshotting the best stills in the video. With Imagination getting brought up across all the threads regularly, there should be a dedicated one. But then again, I'm not a mod and no one seems to have issues with it.

wHjc3og.png

Le3GpNP.png
5DivG9n.png
14IFBtx.png
By golly, the first one is the original 1982 Image Works blueprints, something that has never surfaced before. The other two are the 1990s Image Works blueprints, although it appears that they are damaged. The bigger question is why exactly are they there?

trainplane3

By golly, the first one is the original 1982 Image Works blueprints, something that has never surfaced before. The other two are the 1990s Image Works blueprints, although it appears that they are damaged. The bigger question is why exactly are they there?
If I had to guess, to see what walls and props can be removed? While they may be gutting it, you can't just take a sledgehammer to everything. They seem to have a process of removal so it'd make sense to know what and how stuff can be removed. I think I'm making sense. I'd expect power to be on there too since that can be important in removal. Too bad the person didn't take stills of them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've used the 82 blueprints of the IW in my forthcoming video ;)

Often blueprints are left just lying around. There was a whole set of Canada ones in the attic space of Le Cellier. And a lot lying around Food Rocks.

Apparently.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Often blueprints are left just lying around. There was a whole set of Canada ones in the attic space of Le Cellier. And a lot lying around Food Rocks.

Apparently.
Quite true. Pretty much every trade gets a set....often multiple sets.

ABQ

Ugh, every time he took a shot at blueprints, both Imagine and WoL I couldn't but say "focus you f*&#!" but blurry is better than nothing I guess. When was the Sensor tunnel taken down? I thought someone got footage up there in late 2016 and it was still in place. Seems this is pretty active work. Can't be purely to expand the DVC lounge.

trainplane3

Ugh, every time he took a shot at blueprints, both Imagine and WoL I couldn't but say "focus you f*&#!" but blurry is better than nothing I guess. When was the Sensor tunnel taken down? I thought someone got footage up there in late 2016 and it was still in place. Seems this is pretty active work. Can't be purely to expand the DVC lounge.
I don't know if I'd call it active. Its like they send someone up to slowly chip away at something when they get bored. Haven't they been slowly gutting it for over 5 years now or am I making that up? Maybe they are picking up the pace now.

raven

Would this be the appropriate place to say I've just received an hour or two of great quality, first generation footage of the Wonders building, shot over its last three days of operation?

Including every inch of the Body Wars attraction from mural to exit corridor, with several passes shot in-ride with the motion base disabled?

Coming next year :)
I can't wait to see that! Anything Body Wars or Wonders of Life seems to be attracting more attention now. Still sad they let it rot. But random eBay and Amazon items from it are still out there.

DreamfinderGuy

Apparently.
Food Rocks? I thought the stage was gutted and filled in? Does it actually still exist?

DreamfinderGuy

What I felt like too, he just swiped through instead of focusing or anything. Although you could tell the Body Wars one was current compared to old WoL blueprints since it showed empty simulator bays.

mitchk

Food Rocks? I thought the stage was gutted and filled in? Does it actually still exist?

The stage was located behind the wall on the first turn up the platform on the left hand side of the enterance... if you understandstand that, but the last I heard it has been gone, or will be gone soon... the old fp area was part of the waiting room.., I think... Martin has a great tribute to the land. Go check it out

DreamfinderGuy

The stage was located behind the wall on the first turn up the platform on the left hand side of the enterance... if you understandstand that, but the last I heard it has been gone, or will be gone soon... the old fp area was part of the waiting room.., I think... Martin has a great tribute to the land. Go check it out
I know that, and I have seen Martin's Land tribute many times, just last I heard the stage was gutted and filled.

AEfx

It think the gutting of Future World was based on two premises:

1) Dump the animatronics because they were too costy to maintain (WoM and Imagination).
2) Cut people costs for the staff-intensive places (WoL, for example)

Actully 1 is related to 2, because animatronics translated to upkeep labor costs. I doubt it was much nmore complex than that...

I disagree with that applying to WoL. WoL was a terrible idea for a pavilion to begin with. That doesn't mean there weren't one or two well-done things about it, but it just was not well thought-out long term. It was a hodge-podge at best, and never felt terribly permanent to begin with. Body Wars was a cheap way to reuse the Star Tours tech they spent so much developing, and almost felt like Soarin' - that they could change some signage and the theme at any time. I went on Body Wars the last time it ran, and there were like 3 CM's running the entire ride (and I'm including an invisible one in the control room). I could list a dozen more reasons - but I don't think it was simply a matter of "too many staff needed".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom