Body Wars 2016 Update

DreamfinderGuy

Apologies for bumping a dead thread, but I was picking apart some footage for a project (not mine, found it on youtube) and I thought I'd share some evidence that debunks Nova's theory of there being a probe left.
Current Status: Probe 1
Probe 1.png

Current Status: Probe 2
Probe 2.png

Current Status: Probe 3
Probe 3.png

And last but not least, Current Status: Probe 4
Probe 4.png

So, Nova. There you have it. Not smart to spread lies when the truth can eventually be revealed!

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Fix what?

Body Wars no longer exists. From my understanding anything that is left in there is left for them to cannibalize parts for Star Tours (though that may not even be the case post-refurb).

The problem with WoL is similar to other pavilions- the theme just isn't theme park ready. Today with such differing and passionate opinions about health, what we eat, etc., and how quickly those ideas change, it just makes no sense to try to keep up with it in a permanent theme park attraction. The idea of a permanent "World's Fair" has proven to be nonsensical - the reason a worlds fair worked was because it was temporary.

For even the tiniest example, all of a sudden it's announced last year that we have been way over sensitive about dietary cholesterol - and you can bet any nutrition discussion in a modern WoL would have emphasized its danger. They would be constantly rewriting things and it just is too controversial a topic on top of that. And let's face it - "how mommies and daddies make babies" was never a topic anyone wanted to sit and hear about at WDW to begin with.

We need to let some of these ideals go, because frankly the Epcot of the 1980's that grows ever more golden in our memories doesn't just owe all it's problems to mismanagement over the years, but also equally to basic failures in concept that have become readily apparent over time.
It think the gutting of Future World was based on two premises:

1) Dump the animatronics because they were too costy to maintain (WoM and Imagination).
2) Cut people costs for the staff-intensive places (WoL, for example)

Actully 1 is related to 2, because animatronics translated to upkeep labor costs. I doubt it was much nmore complex than that...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It think the gutting of Future World was based on two premises:

1) Dump the animatronics because they were too costy to maintain (WoM and Imagination).
2) Cut people costs for the staff-intensive places (WoL, for example)

Actully 1 is related to 2, because animatronics translated to upkeep labor costs. I doubt it was much nmore complex than that...
3: Create attractions that your average theme park goer who refers to the paint by numbers he did at the age of 9 as "art" will want to ride more than once in their life.

No one misses epic attractions like WoM or Horizons more than me, but way too many people that walked through the gates found them to be an utter snooze fest.

azox

Apologies for bumping a dead thread, but I was picking apart some footage for a project (not mine, found it on youtube) and I thought I'd share some evidence that debunks Nova's theory of there being a probe left.
Current Status: Probe 1
View attachment 208274
Current Status: Probe 2View attachment 208275
Current Status: Probe 3View attachment 208276
And last but not least, Current Status: Probe 4
View attachment 208277
So, Nova. There you have it. Not smart to spread lies when the truth can eventually be revealed!

Can you send the youtube footage link too? Might be fun to see what else was in there :)

Movielover

Now just hold on a second, don't get too hasty. If I recall right those probes shrunk down to the size of a molecule. How do we not know that they are just in their miniaturized state???

Boom! Mic Drop! Pelvic thrust!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would this be the appropriate place to say I've just received an hour or two of great quality, first generation footage of the Wonders building, shot over its last three days of operation?

Including every inch of the Body Wars attraction from mural to exit corridor, with several passes shot in-ride with the motion base disabled?

Coming next year :)

DreamfinderGuy

Would this be the appropriate place to say I've just received an hour or two of great quality, first generation footage of the Wonders building, shot over its last three days of operation?

Including every inch of the Body Wars attraction from mural to exit corridor, with several passes shot in-ride with the motion base disabled?

WOW REALLY? OMG Martin! You are the best! Can't wait to see it!

DreamfinderGuy

Been trying to tell people on here for years now that those simulator bays are only being used for storage. Thank you for your photo proof!
You are the main reason I decided this was newsworthy enough to post besides the fact that the unproved myth was still going about "Oh there is still a simulator left, they used it for Star Tours" "There's still a simulator, WDI uses it for testing" All lies, even if it took five years to prove them wrong.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

The wait could be worse. I could be waiting 4 hours to ride a 2 minute boat ride in Avatar Land.

Thrill Seeker

You are the main reason I decided this was newsworthy enough to post besides the fact that the unproved myth was still going about "Oh there is still a simulator left, they used it for Star Tours" "There's still a simulator, WDI uses it for testing" All lies, even if it took five years to prove them wrong.

There was one l left in 2009/10. They have all been removed since then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom