Body Wars 2016 Update

montyz81

A wonderful marriage of a grand scale of design and a well-toned message of optimism.
We'll never see another like it.
-PREMiERdrum, who has the Horizons icon tattooed on his left forearm.
I wonder if it had to do with the fact that this was the sequel to CoP With that ride being so tied to Walt's vision of progress and the future, perhaps all of us feel like they destroyed something that further personified (albeit in AA form) Walt Disney's true spirit and perhaps even himself.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I wonder what it is about Horizons that tugs our collective heartstrings?

There is a unique sadness and sense of loss with that one.

Horizons was one of the first victims (along with 20k Leagues) of the large scale cost cutting mentality which has metastasized through Disney after Frank Wells died and the 'Bad Eisner' days began. Remember Horizons was hugely expensive to operate it had massive capacity and an even larger electric (A/C and Ride vehicle) bill along with the concomitant maintenance expense.

It was a AMAZING attraction with a few refreshes on how tech actually developed would be just as relevant today as the day it opened.

montyz81

Horizons was one of the first victims (along with 20k Leagues) of the large scale cost cutting mentality which has metastasized through Disney after Frank Wells died and the 'Bad Eisner' days began. Remember Horizons was hugely expensive to operate it had massive capacity and an even larger electric (A/C and Ride vehicle) bill along with the concomitant maintenance expense.

It was a AMAZING attraction with a few refreshes on how tech actually developed would be just as relevant today as the day it opened.
And CoP is an indication of how infrequently Disney updates rides about the future.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, those do not involve transpassing, do they?

Need some dragonfly drones...

5TQOVahz7IAKiFvnJkRl3jl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

Goofyernmost

Oh no, you don't think it will be demolished do you?
That was the impression that I got from the very real hint that he gave. But, who knows, nothing happens until it happens and Disney changes its collective mind more often then many people change underwear. I wouldn't worry about it until you look over there and see an empty field. I would worry about how often people change their underwear though. :jawdrop::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom