Body Wars 2016 Update

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
The official end of Body Wars is here, they must've been having a party in that queue because there were atleast 20 people going in and out. It's safe to say that there has to be a reason for it, and the most logical is that they're tearing it apart. I didn't get much footage, but what I did get is available here: I'd be nice to get a decent picture from the queue itself but there were too many CMs.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

The official end of Body Wars is here, they must've been having a party in that queue because there were atleast 20 people going in and out. It's safe to say that there has to be a reason for it, and the most logical is that they're tearing it apart. I didn't get much footage, but what I did get is available here: I'd be nice to get a decent picture from the queue itself but there were too many CMs.

It was torn apart ages ago. They didn't tear apart the hallway but the place where the ride vehicles were has just been a big empty hole(s) for quite a while now.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, but now the hallway is being torn out. There won't be anything left.
Not much very significant about a hallway anyway. It wasn't left the way it was because of the "chance" that Body Wars would return. It was used for storage. However, given a couple of clues passed down recently, they are just clearing out the junk so they can tear down the rest of it. The hallway torn out is the least of your problems when it comes to the WoL pavilion.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
Not much very significant about a hallway anyway. It wasn't left the way it was because of the "chance" that Body Wars would return. It was used for storage. However, given a couple of clues passed down recently, they are just clearing out the junk so they can tear down the rest of it. The hallway torn out is the least of your problems when it comes to the WoL pavilion.
Whats with all this speculation about WoL? I doubt anything major is to happen but yet everyone is making a big deal. WoL making an exit is about as likely as UoE's demolition.

Ralphlaw

It's too bad that there's nothing on biology at Epcot right now. The original vision of various scientific areas being represented was a wonderful idea, but that ideal is gradually eroding away. We still sort of have Imagination, Land, Water, Communication, Energy (soon gone), and two forms of transportation. Bio has been gone for years, and Motion is limited to cars and outer space. Overall, it's getting dumbed down.

We bought our first Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World in 2004, and they described WOL in terms that didn't really make you want to head straight there. The gist of Body Wars was that it is was both impressive and nauseating, Cranium Command was okay, and the Story of Me would raise more questions from your children than you might care to answer on vacation. It did say it was all well done, but seemed to imply that the content and overall experience was not going to top anyone's list. By the time we got there in November of '04, it was closed. I wish I could have seen it, but I wish much more that I could have experienced the original Figment, Horizons and World of Motion.

Goofyernmost

Whats with all this speculation about WoL? I doubt anything major is to happen but yet everyone is making a big deal. WoL making an exit is about as likely as UoE's demolition.
Yea, they said that about Horizons too. Too important to lose, they said! LMA, are you kidding, they expressed. They spent millions just 11 years ago to build that stadium, the investment in cars, equipment and skilled CM's is huge and besides that they need a people eater like LMA now that half the park is closing up. I could go on, but, pretty reliable sources have implied that you might want to go take a snapshot of the place while you can. Nothing is sacred in WDWland. They might just as well anyway, with what they are using it for now... it's might as well be leveled.

BernardandBianca

LMA, are you kidding, they expressed... but, pretty reliable sources have implied that you might want to go take a snapshot of the place while you can. Nothing is sacred in WDWland. They might just as well anyway, with what they are using it for now... it's might as well be leveled.

Uh, based on the view from World Drive as you pass by, they have and they did.

Ralphlaw

Yeah, the closure of Lights, Motor, Action was a huge surprise to me. I wonder if insurance costs or something helped bring about its demise. I saw it 3 or 4 times over the years, and it was always good. It also fit in perfectly, bringing movie history, education and thrills. The one downside was that it was a bit of a hike through nothing to get there, and the shows never seemed to fit our schedules very well. Even so, it was an experience, and the Disney documentaries often featured it. Then, suddenly, without much foreshadowing, it's being closed. I assume it was an incredibly expensive and risky attraction to run compared to just about anything on property. That probably had a lot to do with it, above and beyond Stars Wars Land and Pixar Land.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
Yea, they said that about Horizons too. Too important to lose, they said! LMA, are you kidding, they expressed. They spent millions just 11 years ago to build that stadium, the investment in cars, equipment and skilled CM's is huge and besides that they need a people eater like LMA now that half the park is closing up. I could go on, but, pretty reliable sources have implied that you might want to go take a snapshot of the place while you can. Nothing is sacred in WDWland. They might just as well anyway, with what they are using it for now... it's might as well be leveled.
Holy crap, you prove a point there. Never really thought about how eerily simular this is to when everyone thought that Horizons would stay at Epcot forever. I'd better get documenting now, after all if it weren't for Hoot and Cheif taking so many pictures alot of Horizons knowledge would have been lost forever. On a side note would you guys like this thread to be flooded with current pics of the Festival Center, or do you think it deserves it's own thread?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, the closure of Lights, Motor, Action was a huge surprise to me. I wonder if insurance costs or something helped bring about its demise. I saw it 3 or 4 times over the years, and it was always good. It also fit in perfectly, bringing movie history, education and thrills. The one downside was that it was a bit of a hike through nothing to get there, and the shows never seemed to fit our schedules very well. Even so, it was an experience, and the Disney documentaries often featured it. Then, suddenly, without much foreshadowing, it's being closed. I assume it was an incredibly expensive and risky attraction to run compared to just about anything on property. That probably had a lot to do with it, above and beyond Stars Wars Land and Pixar Land.

I am not surprised it was removed. It took up a lot of space, was only doing two performances a day and had very high operating costs. I personally enjoyed LMA, but I am ok with it's removal since they space could be put to much better use.

Goofyernmost

Holy crap, you prove a point there. Never really thought about how eerily simular this is to when everyone thought that Horizons would stay at Epcot forever. I'd better get documenting now, after all if it weren't for Hoot and Cheif taking so many pictures alot of Horizons knowledge would have been lost forever. On a side note would you guys like this thread to be flooded with current pics of the Festival Center, or do you think it deserves it's own thread?
I'm absolutely sure that you are also trying to make a point, but, for the life of me, I have no idea whether you being serious or just attempting sarcasm, so, I'm just going to walk away slowly.
I am not surprised it was removed. It took up a lot of space, was only doing two performances a day and had very high operating costs. I personally enjoyed LMA, but I am ok with it's removal since they space could be put to much better use.
Yes, I understand completely, but, for the sake of argument I was using that as an example of how at some point many thought that it wouldn't be closing down this quickly, it did. As far as much better use... we can only hope. We shall eventually see. At least you might, I'm getting pretty long in the tooth so I'm not sure I will be able to enjoy it.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
I'm absolutely sure that you are also trying to make a point, but, for the life of me, I have no idea whether you being serious or just attempting sarcasm, so, I'm just going to walk away slowly.

I'm being dead serious. Stuff at WDW is just too unpredictable, just like you mentioned with LMA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom