Body Wars 2016 Update

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
I think the last word is "elements". The other blank is trickier... it looks almost like "Temporary home for loading of Food & Wine Festival elements", but I don't think it's quite right -- there is some kind of capital letter/symbol in front of "home" (if that is the word). "Loading" might also be "load-in" or some other phrase.
I know what that entire sign says since I saw it in person, it says "Temporary Staging For Load-In Of Food & Wine Festival Elements"

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Well it's a shame we only have this image to go with that the Ship areas are gutted..This picture was from this Forum Post...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wonders-of-life-is-really-truly-dead.862154/
WoL.jpg

Which brings up the curiosity of what has happened lately to Buzzy at Cranium Command..Some have stated this is what he last looked like in the attraction or even if he's there anymore would still be a suprise...
1001100556.jpg

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
Well it's a shame we only have this image to go with that the Ship areas are gutted..This picture was from this Forum Post...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wonders-of-life-is-really-truly-dead.862154/
WoL.jpg

Which brings up the curiosity of what has happened lately to Buzzy at Cranium Command..Some have stated this is what he last looked like in the attraction or even if he's there anymore would still be a suprise...
1001100556.jpg
Buzzy is probably still there, and that Body Wars picture is probably fake, because there is a simulator still there.

raven

Buzzy is probably still there, and that Body Wars picture is probably fake, because there is a simulator still there.
The simulators were taken out about 4 or 5 years ago and parts are being used for Star Tours. The bays are now used for service areas for the Future World East attractions (Energy, M:S and TT). SSE and Future World West attractions are serviced behind Living with the Land as well inside the rides storage area.

Bolt

Yet we don't make a big deal about it when it comes to construction/demolition photos in some other threads though.
The difference is if Disney didn't want you to see construction, they'd build bigger walls. The festival building isn't even open so clearly @NovaCiteJourneys wasnt casually walking by. Just hope he isn't a cast member as he was live posting them with a time stamp on them. Pretty easy to identify that then.

brb1006

You CAN be fired for posting backstage photos on a public website. It's happens many times each year. Be very careful!
I remember the time CM's at Disneyland Paris secretly recorded backstage footage of where the characters were at. They were doing things that were a big no no for Disney and I heard all of them featured in the video including the person who recorded it were all fired after it gained more attention.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
The difference is if Disney didn't want you to see construction, they'd build bigger walls. The festival building isn't even open so clearly @NovaCiteJourneys wasnt casually walking by. Just hope he isn't a cast member as he was live posting them with a time stamp on them. Pretty easy to identify that then.
Time Stamp? What, the time I posted them?

Rabuck

I remember back in the day, my dad worked for Met Life, so we got to go back in the fancy lounge in the Wonders of Life pavilion. There was, for some reason, a carousel horse... along with several comfy chairs and a fountain where we could get some soda and relax while we waited to ride Body Wars. Sadly, I do not have any pictures of this, after my parents passed away I'm not sure where all our old photos ended up.
My Grandfather worked for MetLife as well. I remember being young, maybe about 10 years old. I always thought it was the coolest thing in all of WDW. You would ring this little doorbell next to a screen at one of the exhibits and someone would open a hidden door in the wall. It was all so secretive and well hidden from the general park guest.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
My Grandfather worked for MetLife as well. I remember being young, maybe about 10 years old. I always thought it was the coolest thing in all of WDW. You would ring this little doorbell next to a screen at one of the exhibits and someone would open a hidden door in the wall. It was all so secretive and well hidden from the general park guest.
Kewl man! I wonder what that lounge is like today, for around 5k I believe you can rent the lounge for about 2 hours. If you do that though, you are under surveillance from CMs, don't count on gettin' through the MetLife secret entrance to Body Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom